Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » What do you think?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you think?
BlondChik1424
Activist
Member # 15765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlondChik1424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, move it if you like.

Anywayz, as a girl I've always felt that most guys like the same type of girl. I'm sure that isn't true but It's hard to fathom anything else. I've always felt that guys want a girl that is 5'5 with nice skin that weighs a hundred pounds. Yet, it always makes me mad when a guy thinks all girls want a guy that is 6'0,160lbs,with a six pack and huge biceps. So my question is what do you guys really want?!?! I know the answers will vary but I'm curious to see the diversity. Thanks for the imput!

Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ideal guy is 5'6", big-nosed, and has the cutest butt ever. (And yes, I'm female, but why not make this topic open to all people of all orientations?) It's not like I always knew I'd want someone exactly like that, but life isn't like Tiger Beat, and it's not always the Jonathan Brandises of the world who turn out to be the smart, loving, and generally wonderful people we want to end up with.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

. . .Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilmsirishrage
Activist
Member # 14566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilmsirishrage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since the question was geared towards guys, I asked my boyfriend. Obviously he's biased, since he's not gonna say his ideal girl is the complete opposite of me =) But he said that the guys he knows don't necessarily prefer girls who are super-thin. They are impressed by girls with some muscle on their bones. I had always felt that I looked best when I was 12 pounds lighter (when I was 16 or so), before I really started being serious about hockey... yet my boyfriend says I was too skinny then and that he definitely prefers me now. I'm right in the middle of the weight range for my height (though I don't trust height/weight calculators...how do they know how much muscle I have??)

As for what I look for in a partner...it's never really mattered. I've dated a wide variety of body types, though they were mostly tall. I guess what I mean is, I don't pick out all the guys who are a specific height and weight and choose from there...I find the guys I enjoy being with and see what comes of it. I tend to like people who are athletic, since I love sports. It gives us common ground. So, I guess I like guys who are in shape, regardless of whether that's at a weight of 160 or 180 or 200 or 220, and so on.

Posts: 51 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlondChik1424
Activist
Member # 15765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlondChik1424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I failed to mention what I like. I like a guy between 5'6-6'0 with a smaller stomach but not skinny at all, nice shoulders,nice teeth, and nice eyes. I can't say I've dated one guy that had all those qualities but they had at least one.
Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita18
Activist
Member # 15951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guy determined some time ago that he is attracted to Asian girls, even though his two ex's were not Asian - go figure. (He's Jewish, and I'm Asian....typical interracial couple) He also told me that he is attracted to short girls (5'2"ish, I'd wager), and judging by his fondness for the female breast, girls with some bust. Hehe. I guess it's ironic that most people don't end up falling for their ideal partner, but 1 out of 3 ain't too far off. (I'm 5'6" - only 2" shorter than he is and almost flatchested)

I don't think most guys would attracted to super-thin girls - my bf has commented that he misses the tummy that I lost this summer due to inexplicable weight loss. (I was on the lower range of normal for my height and I mysteriously lost 10 lbs or so, which I have to gain back so my hipbones don't stick out...)

And, who really knows if there's any correlation between the kind of girl guys are initially attracted to and the girl they end up with. I was talking to one of my bf's galpals about how I wanted to be shorter (when all my life I'd been trying to catch up to my dad's height ) so he'd become more attracted to me and she commented, "It just catches his eye." It doesn't mean that he'll look specifically for a short busty Asian girl to date. Attraction is just that - attraction. Most guys probably don't even notice all of the things we girls obsess about. For example, my bf looked at my cheek (and stroked it) one time and told me I had perfect skin. I laughed my head off. I don't remember what it's like having clear skin, since I've had consistent acne since the fourth grade. The coloring has improved a lot, which I think he was commenting on, but still, how could he have missed all those pimples?

As for me, the guys that first "catch my eye" are the tall skinny ones, and I'm not sure why. (Neither of which describes my bf very well) But, once past those physical attributes - and unconsciously convincing myself that skinny guys would not be as fun to hug - I'm definitely attracted to the eyes and the smile. When I saw my bf for the first time, I first noticed his great smile and beautiful eyes. And then when I got to talk to him, I was definitely attracted by his friendliness. I'm not sure how I attracted him initially (my friend who was acting as the middlewoman, told me that he told her he thought I was cute) since I'm pretty sure that I was wearing pajamas and showing everyone my latest skating knee bruise injury when I first met him.

But anyways, some biceps are nice, but a totally ripped body intimidates me. The guy probably goes to a gym on a regular basis, something that I'm too lazy to do, and it would make me feel bad. Too tall would also make it harder for me to hug the guy. Hah, I hug my bf and my neck starts to hurt already

[This message has been edited by Anita18 (edited 12-22-2003).]

Posts: 218 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really ? I wouldn't mind a girl like that (obviously ) but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm only 5'5", so I'd prefer a girl a bit taller than me, like 5'7 (although smaller girls look nice too). Nice skin... depends what you mean by that. I don't know why but I've always been attracted to really while girls (don't have to look dead either ). If possible it would be a brunette, not necessarily thin, she can be very average weight, I don't mind a couple of extra pounds, we can't be perfect. As breasts go, it's probably the last thing I'll notice. I don't mind the size as long as they're not too big.

One thing that surprises me though, I've never dated anyone ever ! I'm friendly and everything. Okay I'm shy, but that doesn't mean I wanna end up alone... And personaly, I don't consider myself attractive (if I go with what people seem to think) but I'm not so bad either.

Anyway, that's what I think.

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elly
Activist
Member # 13695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always think I dreamed my boyfriend into life cause he found me and yet he's my "ideal guy" I guess you could say
I like guys who aren't really tall but closer to my height so around 5'6-think that's so cute. Who have nice sculpted shoulders, tight butt, ooo, and most of all, eyes that dazzle
Of all that though, it's the character of a person that I am drawn to first-at times that means regardless of their body type there's gotta be something there that swipes me off my feet through their character. The rest just seems to fall in place afterwards-like body type-and eventually you love everything about them!

Posts: 60 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlondChik1424
Activist
Member # 15765

Icon 12 posted      Profile for BlondChik1424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DC_WillowFan,
I love your signature. I'm really into the holocaust and I admire your quote from Anne Frank.

Sorry that was off subject.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.