Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Attention women, if you're looking for a OB/GYN...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attention women, if you're looking for a OB/GYN...
tresxbien
Neophyte
Member # 15377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tresxbien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, first off - I had no idea where to post this, so if it's in the wrong section, I'm very sorry! But I felt like I should say this.

Two years ago, my mother recieved an unnecessary hysterectomy. Her OB/GYN was a real nut-job and has done this, among many other things, to several women ( ranging from complications during birth, patient/nurse affairs, mis-diagnoses, etc.). Because of this, she has a lot of internal damage - all of which need reconstructive surgery. Roughly a year after this incident, he had his license taken away from him AND he STILL practices illegally!

So my message is, PLEASE!! If you go to a doctor, get some background information about him. If, God forbid, there happens to be anything wrong, please get a second opinion.

Thank you.

Posts: 13 | From: next door | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tresxbien:
Roughly a year after this incident, he had his license taken away from him AND he STILL practices illegally!

If you have knowledge of this, have you reported it to your local police agency?

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tresxbien
Neophyte
Member # 15377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tresxbien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BruinDan:
If you have knowledge of this, have you reported it to your local police agency?

Yes. My mom is obsessed with shutting him down, so police have been called. His name has been removed from one of the joint practices he was working for, and apparently, "no one can find him." We're worried he may have ran off to another state.

Posts: 13 | From: next door | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.