Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Not gonna go over well

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not gonna go over well
Hnery_Kravis
Neophyte
Member # 14244

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Hnery_Kravis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off im gonna say my opinion. I really hope though (i dont expect) that the moderators and those whorun this board will except my opinion for what it is MINE and open it up an issue for civilised debate.

First of all ill state my opinion towards homosexuality. I think its wrong and immoral. However i live in a world that before my time decided to except homoexuality so my opinion will mean little. However the issue that is raging now is gay marriages (especially in canada). My goverment has seen fight to decided that it will allow to people of the same sex to marry. This goes against everything that out nations were founded on and continue to thrive because. For those of u that are confused ill try to explain. In canada the goverment decided that gay marriages were legal ( and all our news is now is men kissing (vomiting) ). This effects americans because your mariage law states that you must recognize a marriage from other countries. So back to my point i want to debate wether a. homosexuality is immoral b. if gay marriages sgould be stopped

Henry

Posts: 6 | From: Okotoks,Alberta,Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i'm not gonna delete you just yet. but be aware, we have a *LOT* of gay people in happy stable relationships on this board. In fact, the lady who graciously runs this site is not straight, and most likely won't take too kindly to what you just said. since this is her site, and her money that pays for its resources, what she says goes. so this thread will likely get zapped *real* quickly.

------------------
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hnery_Kravis
Neophyte
Member # 14244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hnery_Kravis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that shows more about her character than mine.
Posts: 6 | From: Okotoks,Alberta,Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, the great thing about marriage is that it's optional. If the idea of gay marriage bugs you, you're free to marry a woman. If you don't want to get married you don't have to. However, I don't really see how allowing people the freedom to have legally sanctioned relationships with those they love is going to lead to problems, erosion of our constitution, or the great threat to hetersoexual marriages so many people have claimed. I have no plans to marry a woman, but hey, I support people's right to love who they love.

And I really wonder what you hoped to accomplish by posting this. It's okay to post articles of interest in the hopes of inspiring discussion, but seeking to offend, or be rude for no apparent reason just doesn't fly here. I have no idea what good can come of this topic, so while anyone who wants to is free to start a relevant, civil topic on gay marriage, I think this one needs to bite the dust.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF, WAOTA

Get your philosophy from a bumper sticker

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to be a bigot, that's your choice. I think it's an unfortunate one that'll greatly inhibit your quality of life on a planet populated with a wide diversity of peopple, but it is your perogative.

But bigotry of any kinds -- be it sexual, racial, ageist, sizist, classist, the works -- isn't allowed here at Scarleteen, as is stated clearly in the guidelines.

And yes, that I don't encourage nor wish to support bigotry may well say much about my character. Here's hopin' someday you'll figure out what it is that says.

But while you're here at the boards, this sort of rumination needs stay in your own head or go elsewhere if you want to be allowed to participate here, and that's just that. You agreed when you registered not to bring it here, and you, like any other user, are held to that agreement.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.