Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » peodophile working at school

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: peodophile working at school
eep_a_mouse
Activist
Member # 8796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eep_a_mouse         Edit/Delete Post 
when i was 15 i was subject to clever and manipulative grooming and abuse from my friends father. My mum found out and put a stop to it but didnt want to put me through the courts at the time.

But i was still messed up and ended up going back to him when i was 17 to "escape" from my parents divorce.

During this time he was working at two schools as a guitar teacher, he told me he quit one as he wasnt getting enough money.

Anyway as time went on i realised he was a nasty piece of work and after a year left him.

I found out the other day from my mums friend that he was thrown out of the other school for pursueing young girls and he is known for it so i cant understand why he is getting away with working at this school.

I know he also has always tried it on with all four of his daughters friends and the youngest must be about 15/16yrs now (the only one left at home).

I cant bear the thought of anyone going through what i have it still affects me now. Is there anything i can do and if it did go to court (which i dont really want to go through) would it stand up because i went back to him when i was of age?

( he was nearly 30yrs older than me when i was 15)

Help and advice much appreciated!

Posts: 42 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for clarity's sake, a pedophile is someone attracted to childrten who are PREpubescent. Someone attracted to teenagers or people who have begun or been through puberty is called a hebephile.

...which is the sort of person you seem to be discussing here, not a pedophile.

As to what you can do, that really depends on what happened. If this man coerced you into sexual activity while you were under the age of consent, then yes, that is a crime, and the statute of limitations on those sorts of crimes tends to be longer than with other sorts of sexual assault.

I'd suggest you talk to a lawyer about your case. If that's not possible or you don't know one, look up women's support or advocacy groups in your local phone book: most will have free legal services available.

You certainly could also write a formal letter to the school he is presently working at describing your experience with him and making them aware of those dangers.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if i may relate something that happened at my high school...

about 2 years ago, two very popular male teachers were arrested after a young female student came forward claiming that they were engaging in unlawful sexual activity with her and some mebers of the girls' softball team.

after charges were filed and the case made headlines in the local news, other women began to come forward attesting that they, too, had sexual relationships with these two teachers. Some of the women were approaching 30, which goes to show how long this had been going on.

I remember both teachers. I never had any classes with them because they didn't teach the honors classes, and i never played softball (i can't throw a ball to save my life). but everybody knew everybody else at my school, and they were some of the most charismatic teachers on campus. They were in their late 30s and still quite handsome. But they abused their power and finally had to pay the consequences. they're both serving prison terms now.

The point is? If you feel strong enough to do it, come forward. If you can save other children from being hurt by this man, then it was worth the effort. If you speak out, then just you wait 'cause other girls will, too.

------------------
more surly than girly...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
btw, this would be great to have in Sexual Ethics and Politics. so i will transfer it there.

------------------
more surly than girly...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sachie
Activist
Member # 9895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sachie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that reminds me of something that happened in eighth grade... this man that had taught math to me in seventh grade was charged with sexual assault. i don't know the details because i prefer not to think about it, but he apparantly had sex with some of the girls he was coaching, also on a softball team. (weird coincidence..)

if you went to court, i'm sure the man would suffer consequences. i mean i honestly don't think that just because you went back to him, they could ignore the fact of what he did. hope things work out.

------------------
libido ergo sum.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.