Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » New equality code for gay and lesbian students.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New equality code for gay and lesbian students.
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ireland

The Star Newspaper. Tuesday 28th January.(Trying desperately to find an internet link)

"Schoolswill have to provide protection for gay and lesbian pupils under a new code of practice.
The New Regulations will aim to prevent pupils suffering harassment over their sexual orientation.
Developing the code is a priority of the Equality Authority in its latest plan unveiled by Justice Minister Michael McDowell yesterday.
The plan will also aim to tackle racism, ethnicity, gender, religious diversity and accomodation for pupils with disability."

Uh, one word really. Woohoo!!

Its abuot frigging time...

But, I'm hoping that it wil apply to religious schools(like mine, a catholic school) because I have heard they can be exempt from stuff like that.

I'd love to cut out the article and send it anonymously to my principal, just to let her know I'm still here...

What does everyone think of the new Code plans?

Anyone familiar with Irish governments will know that holding their breath for this is dangerous.

So, chances are I won't feel the benefits of this program, but students coming after me hopefully will.

No student should have to put up with some of the crap I had.

[This message has been edited by Slayer_gurl (edited 01-28-2003).]

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freakedout
Activist
Member # 9702

Icon 10 posted      Profile for freakedout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That code is awesome...although i'm not of that sexual gender, i fully support it and am glad it happened...good for you!!

------------------
there's no such thing as no chance

Posts: 123 | From: Wisconsin, United States | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally found
http://www.gaycork.com/features/admin/templates/pinkpress.asp?articleid=161&zoneid=7

on the net.

Its not from a news website, but a reliable website based in Cork for gay,lesbian and bisexuals.
It quotes from a reliable source(The Irish Examiner) so I trust it.
Doesn't really say much more than the other article though.

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.