Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Not sure what to do

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not sure what to do
Coffeecrazi15
Neophyte
Member # 10577

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Coffeecrazi15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but, here it goes.
I just started high school this year. I recently found out about a group of guys that were participating in a "game". The point of the game was to have sex with girls and depending on the girl they would get a certain amount of points. Most of the kids in school know about this and most of the girls had sex with the guys willingly, but a dew have been raped. Last month a girl who had been raped by them went and told th eschool counselor, but the guy denied sleeping with her at all and no action was taken. Since she told what happned she has been harrassed by the guys in the group. I know that this is wrong, but I don't want to be subjugated to the harrassment of the guys and other students. Should I go to the administration or police? Or should I just not say anything?

Posts: 2 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG! that is so horrible and disgusting! first off... that they have a GAME like that!?!? and 2nd that they are using this game as an excuse to rape people.

you should definately report the rapes! you should go to the police, and they wouldnt kno it was you... or at least i would think they wouldnt... if you're really really worried, than just report the happenings anonymously. i think thats incredibly horrible that there was no action taken after the girl told the councilor. that takes guts to admit something like that has happened to you, and for them to just not do anything about it... that disgusts me. =(

if anything, tell a professor or teacher who you trust, and they cna report it to the proper authorities. they must by law report something like rape, which means the coucilor has broken the law and can be fired for pulling that!

i hope these people wise up, and are put to justic. =(

good luck, at least you have the courage to help.

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many schools have a "tip line" that you can call to report on crimes anonymously. It seems to me that this is the type of thing for which that was invented.

I say go for it, if you know anything that may help. It's certainly not safe for you to do anything about it directly (like, say, confronting boys who are in this group), but if you have the power to inform the authority, by all means do it.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Ooh, I'll settle down with some old story/About a boy who's just like me/Thought there was love in everything and everyone, you're so naive!"-Belle and Sebastian, "Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bear in mind that the rape allegation may be false. This is a very odd and bad situation and clearly an investigation should take place but I would not jump to conclusions about what has actually happened. Rumours have a tendency to grow in strangeness and size. I find it hard to believe that these boys have such a complete lack of respect for fellow human beings. So I can only hope stories of this "game" might be untrue. It is possible that its more typical bragging that has been blown up by rumour. If it hasn't, then it is utterly awful.

------------------
'An Anarchist is a Liberal with a bomb' Trotsky

Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI, this sort of "game" has actually become somewhat popular in high schools and colleges, I'm sorry to say.

I agree with you, Confused, about not leaping to conclusions, especially in terms of alleged rape (in which case it is up to the victim to report herself, and really, deciding to do that for her -- plural or singular -- is not respectful to a victim in most cases), but what has been described here is unfortunately not that uncommon in American schools lately.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duckling
Neophyte
Member # 9531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duckling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh. This sort of thing makes me really sick. What it says to me is "Girls are a game; we can play them as we see fit." I don't see a problem with guys having sex with girls, but I do have a problem with guys tricking girls into having sex with them so that the guys can tell their friends and win a game. That's ridiculous, and it's insulting.
Posts: 36 | From: US of A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.