Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Bigger Breasts, Happier Soldiers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bigger Breasts, Happier Soldiers?
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh boy, did this article knock my socks off.

The British Armed Forces is providing it's female soldiers with free breasts implants to keep them happy. This is so unbelievable, you just have to read it for yourself.

LONDON - Free breast implants are being offered to women serving in the British armed forces at taxpayers' expense to create 'happier' soldiers.

At least four have already had their breasts enlarged this year at the Armed Services' Royal Hospital in Hampshire, with taxpayers paying the 2,500 (S$6,500) cost of each operation, including recuperation care.

Scores more servicewomen, not only from the Army, but also from the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force, are queueing up to have their front lines enhanced.

The rush is so great that many of the women are being sent to National Health Hospitals for their surgery.

There are 15,000 women in the British armed forces.

The move has been condemned as a waste of public money. Mrs Elizabeth Grayson, director of the Public Hospital Patients' League, told The Straits Times: 'It is almost impossible for civilian women to get breast implants on the National Health Service.

'Yet, here we have servicewomen wasting scarce hospital resources... The money can be better spent and doctors' time more usefully used on hip replacements and treatment of the elderly.'

The Ministry of Defence confirmed that servicewomen were being given the implants at no cost.

Three of the women soldiers who received breast implants had told military doctors they were depressed by their flat figures and felt embarrassed in the communal shower rooms.ST Europe Bureau

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 04-28-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, I read that in the NST this morning...

Actually my Dad was reading the paper, and he stiffled a laugh, then proceeded to read out the article.

What the hell's up with that?

You should've heard my uncle: "If only the Government would do that with married couples."

He hasn't been really popular with my Mum and I since he said that.

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Incredible! I now know of something that I would rather my government didnt waste money on EVEN more than those silly missiles they insist on buying. Surely having large breasts is not a very good thing in actual battle. I mean wouldnt they intefer with their aim! I would say that bigger breasts do not equate to happier people but we seem beyond that now. It is just assumed by so many people, it is maddening.
Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, this is just rediculous! If you're unhappy with your bust size, you better come to Scarleteen and learn to love it! I would DEFINATELY not want my tax dollars to pay for bigger breasts for women just because they're embarassed in the shower. GET OVER IT! That money can be put to better use. What about all the people in the army or navy who have injuries? "I'm sorry Mr. Bob, but we're all out of money. We can't operate on your tumor because we spent all of our money on enlarging recruit Susan's breasts." Ack! This makes me mad. Sorry, but I just had to vent. What has this world come to?

------------------
"Honey, whose car is that in our driveway?"

"It's yours, Frank."

"It IS, isn't it?"

[This message has been edited by Mary (edited 04-28-2001).]

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Extra protection .

Sorry, couldn't help it.

That is pathetic. Aren't bigger breasts really just going to get in the way? And it's not you're in the army to look good!

------------------
Best body type for a man? Chunky style. With extra gravy

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do they offer breast or penis enlargement surgery to male soldiers, as well? If not, that's sexist! ;p

If I were a female soldier, I'd be a bit irritated - a female soldier is likely to be less useful in the field if she has implants. Hence, if the government is prepared to devalue their female soldiers from a military standpoint, they can't think much of them to begin with.

------------------
Bow down before me, for I am Testicles the mighty Greek warrior!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha, kwazy! I can't belive they would do that.

Learn to love yourself people! Breast implants, ha!

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I think at the moment, they dont even have women in the field though they are considering allowing them in the front line. Personally, I feel that whether someone should be in actual combat should be all down to their individual abilities. Now lets be honest, that probably means there will be less women that qualify, but that doesnt mean they should be excluded out right.

Just read today in the Guardian I think that the army is also providing sex change operations to anybody in the army who 'needs' them. So I have one suggestion to anybody who wants larger breasts, hormone therapies or a sex change for free should enlist in the British Army!

Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oi! i would think large breasts would only interfere with combat training. it's hard to creep into small crawlspaces if you can't lie on your belly and be perfectly (or even relatively) flat on the ground. and firing weapons! legend has it the amazons knew that breasts were only getting in the way, so they'd lop off their right boob to make it easier to shoot their arrows. in this case, it'd be guns, but anyway. and just having to march all over the place with those heavy things stuck to your front! aie! and running! don't get me started on running!!!

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pink:
That is pathetic. Aren't bigger breasts really just going to get in the way? And it's not you're in the army to look good!

Good point! Apparently they're a pain in the neck for athletes-why are soldiers any different??

I think the whole idea is idiotic. Like other people said, I don't want my tax dollars wasted just so some airhead soldier can be a D cup.

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: All your base are belong to us!

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't implants cost more in the long run? I keep reading all these articles about how implants can cause infections and even be fatal...you'd think they'd consider these things before they put them into women in the army. I mean, what good is Soldier Jane going to be when she's doubled over in pain cause her implants are molding inside of her?

Although..if you've seen Austin Powers with the big-breasted robots...the implants could distract the enemy during battle lol.

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They made a joke about this on "Weekend Update" within SNL some weeks ago. When I heard it, I thought of you all...

Something about "this measure was proposed by Sgt. Benny Hill" or what have you.

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Ennui is insufficient reason to commit suicide."
"Things seemed much less complicated...before we kept computers."
-Neil Gaiman

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack99
Neophyte
Member # 3514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i really find this hard to believe , its so un british armed forces and i have not heard anything about this in the news (and yes i do follow it quite closely) it so un politically correct and at the moment the military are leaning over backwards to be pc. its so perverse , the nhs is in a right state already and the goverment is paying for this ubelievable can u post aa llink here so i can chekc out its reliabilty
Posts: 18 | From: Uk | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
why not pay for individual shower stalls to be installed?

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.