Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Young Christians At Odds with Sexual Doctrine (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Young Christians At Odds with Sexual Doctrine
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still fail to see how you can call these people your friends. I understand that not everyone shares the same opinion of some issues. But they're obviously not respecting you ... I'm sure you can see that just as well as I can. Friends should make you feel good about your decisions, and they obviously don't.

No one here is making you feel bad about your decisions, right? We respect your decisions to do what you wish w/ your body and your life. I also don't see how anyone here has been harassing you. You seem to be angry at the world, and take it out on all of us at the boards. Does that seem fair?

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baptist
Activist
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baptist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LilBlueSmurf,

It's not just my friends. It's everyone. I'm not taking my anger out at anyone at the boards. I'm simply making a statement in reference to the topic.

I know that certain people here may say that they respect my decisions but in their heads they actually think that I'm some kind of a wacko or something for making that decision. I'm not saying it's you or anyone who has posted here. I'm just saying that there are people who think that way.

I may be a little angry, but I don't let it get to me. Try being a conservative in the midst of a population of 90% liberals and you will understand.

Posts: 232 | From: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire
Activist
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok im a virgin but i dont intend to wait till marriage to have sex.
i dont believe in marriage as it is so very superficial nowadays and doesnt stand for anything and i havent got a couple in my family that has ever been really truly happy in their marriage while it is or is lasting.
have u guys seen the movie dogma?? i saw it the other night and thought it was absolutely brilliant i loved it! man it was sassy.
well i think that is basically what is right god doesnt care whether u are gay or wait till marriage to have sex SHE just cares that u live life with a clean soul and frankly the only god or jesus im believing in at the moment is my fish jesus and his delightful fishy partner in crime satan.
the whole subject of religion just gets me annoyed cause it rules so many ppl lives and in the end u have to question it. i mean what for??
is it a life wasted or in the end does it lead to bigger and better things? or does it really matter cause time will ust swallow everything up and in the end it doesn matter at all?? anything?
and god as the main religions paint HIM to be is just stupid.
god is sexless yet they depict it as a man.
i mean how do u explain that?? until just recently they only would let males join the clergy and so on if they had been right anf ollowed the teachings of their god then wouldnt sexual equality have come up a long time ago? wouldnt it have been here from the beginning?
so many thing shave been done in the name of god
so many wars fought so many ppl died and so many lives destroyed.
i think jesus teachings as he said them were right as they wree based on love and humanity but they have been twisted into a strict and besically senseless religion.
so there u are.
my really really long veiws on the topic.
i say this because when i was little i went through weeks of believing and weeks of not.
i prayed occasionaly and didnt sumtimes and in the end i just said stuff it i lost all faith in him when i realised he let a great funny man go and left me his kid just to have no father figure ad a whole family devastated at his death. and sum might say it was a ;earning experience or watvea but i cant say i learnt anything from it.
besides he wouldve sent me to hell by all the not praying id done by then anyway.
ive never had a religion forced on meand ive never actively sseeked out one and as ive found spiritual fulfillment by just living my life my way and not having to worry about the so called wrath of god im happy with how i am.
i know ive gone completely off the topic here but its one i feel strongly about and have had to vent sumwhere
thanks if uve lasted all the way through that
tata
Claire

Posts: 82 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Believe me, there are plenty of people around to give me grief over the fact that I want to stay a virgin until I'm married. They have tried to persuade me to lose my virginity but I'm not bending to their will. They always talk about how "fun" it is and how much I'd "like it." I'm not saying that gets to me too much, but it does get overwhelming at times. Such is why I no longer discuss these matters with my peers. I just can't trust people to accept my Christian way of life.

That's what the real world is like dear. People ridicule each other. Gays and lesbians, sexual advocates, minorities, women, EVERYBODY has to deal with it, including you. I deal with it. Miz Scarlet deals with it.

If you find people constantly bugging you about your religion, find some new friends. If you're hanging with toxic people, don't complain when they do stuff you don't like. How do you get into these situations? Do you walk up to random liberals and say "I'm a virgin. lalala." Or do they walk up to you and say "Have sex. lalala." If they do, they deserve a punch in the nose. You obviously have to let them know somehow. People don't just guess.

I worry about you Baptist. You seem to be constantly wound up. Nobody from my church is that wound up, and they have the same beliefs about sexuality as you do. I've had problems with anxiety, and my psychologist helped me learn some techniques to help me relax.

Anyway, Jesus said that the world will hate Christians. Isn't it wonderful to be hated as Jesus was? It shows that you're doing something right. Don't worry.

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

If I run by the window real fast no-one will notice I'm naked.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baptist
Activist
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baptist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mophead,

I tend to keep my values to myself nowadays, but I will answer truthfully to whoever asks about them. I do have some good friends who tolerate my beliefs but not very many. Don't worry about me. I'm quite emotionally stable. If I seem wound up, it's because I'm used to having to defend myself.

"Blessed are they who are persecuted for righteousness' sake; for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven." Matthew 5:10

Posts: 232 | From: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I like that verse.

You don't have to worry about being persecuted here. The ST administration has been very tolerant of my Christian beliefs.

And if they aren't, I'm sure there are more conservative boards.

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

If I run by the window real fast no-one will notice I'm naked.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.