Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Abduction prevention education.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Abduction prevention education.
SoupPrincess
Activist
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoupPrincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.missingkids.com/

"Teenagers, 12-19, especially GIRLS, are the most victimized segment of the population in the United States.1 Everybody thinks it happens to little kids. Well, it doesn't. It happens to you and your friends and kids you know at school. Sometimes it happens and nobody finds out because no one talks about it. "

The above quote sums up why I wanted to share this site with you all. If you click under "education and resources" on the front page, and from there click "Campaign for teenage girls" there is a great deal of information about how to avoid being kidnapped and stay safe. (sorry, I couldnt figure out how to link directly to the section I wanted to share.) It is a bit corny, but I think it is important for everyone to be aware of how to keep safe. We dont need to be paranoid, but there is often a greater danger than we are aware of!

Posts: 47 | From: Bloomington IL (the boringest place on earth) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good job, your soupiness.

The bottom line is, you have to look out for yourself - if you do dangerous things, other people cannot protect you.

Personal safety matters just as much as sexual safety.

------------------
ThIs Is AnNoYiNg!!!!!!
8u+ +H1z 1Z R3311Y r3311y @nN0y1nG!!!!!!!!

You vil use ze condoms, or ve vil use ze hot poker!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee
Activist
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is another kind of abduction going on as well, one in which your parents pay two burly guys to jerk you out of bed in the middle of the night and spirit you off to a for-profit private prison for kids whose parents have too much money and too little patience.

Go to www.teenaid.org to find out more.

If you're having problems with your parents, especially if you've begun to wake up and notice that the real world isn't like what they've tried to teach you to believe, I'd be worried. Especially if your family is relatively affluent. There was a guy I knew in high school who was sent to one of these places. He came back a much different and much sadder person. At the time I didn't have any idea where he had gone or what had happened, now I know. Imagine the kind of brainwashing and torture techniques that are used on political prisoners or prisoners of war. Now imagine those same methods being applied to a 15 or 16 year old because they aren't how their parents want them to be.

Protect yourself, get informed.

Lee

Posts: 175 | From: Tempe, AZ USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.