Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Sex with alcohol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex with alcohol
Sandy
Neophyte
Member # 244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 2 questions about what happens if you drink before & while having sex. The 1st is: Can a guy get an erection if he's considerably drunk? (I heard its very difficult)
And the 2nd: does drinking alcohol affect girls or boys' orgasms?

------------------
*~*Young men's love lies not in the heart, but in the eyes*~* -Shakespeare
~*~Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today~*~-James Dean

Posts: 30 | From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should also add that studies have been done about sex and alchohol which show VERY clearly, that when under the influence of alchohol, most people are inclined to make poor sexual judgements and decisions that they would not make when sober.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Justoneoftheguys
Neophyte
Member # 1415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justoneoftheguys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From my experiences it can be very difficult to get an erection while completely plastered. It seems to be that way only when i want it the most though. Go figure! Speaking of orgasms. They usualy aren't that great because most of the time i fall asleep in 5 seconds and it wasn't worth all the work. When your really drunk its hard to even have sex. If your only mildly drunk then its awesome! The next morning you probably won't remember how it even felt.
Posts: 13 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe men have great difficulty with erection when very drunk.

Women have a similar difficulty with lubrication.

------------------
Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice
Crazy like a shoehorn, bay-be!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I refuse (as I always have) to do anything sexual when either I or a partner is under the influence of alcohol or any other mood-altering substance, because people are not at their best ability to make good decisions when they are under the influence.

However, yes, many men do have trouble getting and/or keeping erections when they're drunk, and drunk women often have trouble with their bodies not producing adequate vaginal lubrication, so that penetration can be quite uncomfortable. Doesn't sound worth it to me.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alcohol is a depressant. yes, enough of it will make erection very difficult. your parasympathetic nervous system controls erection, and suppressing the nervous system (as booze does) will make that all the more difficult.

there's something horribly unsexy about someone who is inebriated, anyway. then again, this weekend, i saw my boyfriend passed out from too much alcohol for the first time. he was pallid and unconcious on the bathroom floor by the toilet. i picked him up, slung him over my shoulder and carried him to bed.

i was a bit miffed about that, but i still took care of him like any caring girlfriend should.

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n2o
Neophyte
Member # 1463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n2o     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought I'd add; I just found that it's easier to orgasm while baked (on weed). I don't mean to promote drug use, but I thought I'd mention it for other girls who have problems achieving orgasm.
Also, I'm not sure if it's already well-known, but it's difficlt to have an erection on ecstasy. (but not MDA)

Posts: 7 | From: Berkeley, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will simply insert this caveat:

Not everything works the same way for all people. (I personally have known several people (male and female) who, when stoned, simply can't orgasm at all.)

Having difficulty orgasming is not necessarily a good argument for experimenting with a substance that is illegal. There are other ways to have orgasms, and other ways to learn how to make that process easier. It'd be a shame to end up feeling like you could only have orgasms easily if you were using a drug, no matter what that drug was or whether it was legal or illegal.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n2o
Neophyte
Member # 1463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n2o     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I agree. The weed only indirectly helped me by helping me to relax and just enjoy myself. That experience gave me a certain level of confidence and now it's always easier for me. My boyfriend and I don't plan on having sex again while intoxicated again, for intimacy reasons.
Posts: 7 | From: Berkeley, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.