Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Who the heck are you people? (a demographics poll)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who the heck are you people? (a demographics poll)
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Reposted AGAIN, because I made a very silly blunder AGAIN.)

Curious about the basic stats of everyone who uses Scarleteen? What gender and age people are, where everyone is from, who's sexually active and how, what sex ST users do and don't enjoy, why people came here, the works!

(Even though I have a good idea, I'm always curious, too.)

Take the poll, then find out!

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

Just wanted to say that I don't come from anywhere that was mentioned in the poll. Costa Rica is next to Panama, in Central America. Maybe you could add a Latin American option for that question on the poll?

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(bump)

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Happy Hermit
Activist
Member # 31886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Happy Hermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow....... so few men......

*i feel so alone*

lol

this is a neat survey. good wrok scarletteteen people!!!

argh.... spelling....

--------------------
(a.k.a. k'reisvelvtr)
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star!

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

...love?

Posts: 67 | From: CANADA AGAIN!!!! | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey K'reilsvelvtr, I was reading up on your posts and wanted to make a few (well-intended) suggestions. (As in, you're more than welcome to ignore them.) [Wink]

First, you included some pretty song lyrics in your profile, but they make your profile rather long: How about shortening the song to two lines at a time, and including an English translation for users who don't know German? You can edit it every week or so until you've gone through all the lyrics.

Second, why would it be "risky" to say you're from Germany? Is it because it's too specific? You can change that under "My profile" in the almost top left corner of the page.

Third, your spelling is fine, but if you want to edit in corrections, you can. The "edit" button is on top of each post as the little paper-and-pen icon. (There's a time limit on this feature.)

[Smile]

[ 05-08-2007, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Ecofem ]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Koi
Activist
Member # 39785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Koi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Noticed that most people come here without a crisis issue (only 8% come for crisis). Do you think that is a good or bad sign? Do you think most people in a crisis go to a clinic or doctor for help?

Also, addressing K'reilsvelvtr's comment, why are there so many women.girls looking for info, in proportional to men/boys? Am I supposed to be mad about this (only joking. I don't get mad very often)? Are women more concerned than men because they feel it's there responsibility? Although I'm glad there are so many women here, men need the info too! What are your theories on this?

--------------------
"Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions."

Posts: 171 | From: USA/CHINA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

In terms of the gender issue, there are a lot of factors you have to bear in mind.

For instance, while with the main site, it appears that we're a lot closer to 50/50 participation when it comes to men and women (and those who identify as such), the boards tend to be more skewed towards women choosing to participate, something that it's uncommon on the 'net and never has been. You also have to look at who participates in polls and which ones: often, we see more women doing polls, and we have to look at which polls are more interesting to a given gender or not sometimes.

But with sexuality information and education, in pretty much any media or form, it's pretty much always been the case that more women see out education and more men entertainment. That likely has more to do with social conditioning than anything else.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

NTHG
Neophyte
Member # 40744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NTHG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting poll. However, I found a problem at getting information from the results.
When it gets to the part of "both physical and emotional satisfaction", it is difficult to know what percentage of men get satisfaction from each type of sexual activity, since 84% of answers are "I am not male". Despite the amount of men is not representative, we could get that information simply by adding up the amount of male votes and recalculating the % with that as total. But it takes time, not good for a quick look.

Posts: 14 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragontamer
Neophyte
Member # 41051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragontamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
interesting poll, thought I should answer since I'm a newb here, if the poll still has any impact...

anyway, dunno ow useful I am to you, I'm still very much a virgin in all areas -haha

Posts: 18 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Namida
Activist
Member # 28700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Namida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dragontamer, if you're a virgin in all area's they want to know that. It's for facts and statistics, not an interesting read

--------------------
And still the beds are burning, burning in our sleep.
Take me away from everything I see.

Posts: 66 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.