Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Unlovable?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unlovable?
skullucy
Neophyte
Member # 40766

Icon 5 posted      Profile for skullucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never had a boyfriend. I'm 19. I'm thin. strangers tell me I'm pretty. I'm nice.. really nice and goofy. I don't know whats wrong with me.

I have watched all of my friends have boyfriends, but I never nabbed one.. but not for lack of trying. Why am I so unlovable?

I am starting to get frustrated. A new friend of mine has this amazing boyfriend. but shes obese and bossy. I see all of these mean girls get great guys and break their hearts. AHHH.

It would be nice to just know what I'm doing wrong. I'm myself.. or why naturally I'm not gf material.

Posts: 1 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stitchesx
Neophyte
Member # 39959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stitchesx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For starters, you seem to put a lot of weight on weight itself.

Someone can love you whether you're 10 or 100 pounds. While some people are specific about weight, others couldn't care less and sometimes even prefer heavier-set partners.

As well, she may seem bossy to you. But people act differently towards different people. Maybe her boyfriend even likes it, who knows?

Just because you don't have a boyfriend doesn't mean you're unlovable.

Maybe you'd have better luck if you got into a relationship out of having a good bond with someone instead of trying to get into one for the sake of that title.

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for the record, people of all sizes are deserving of love: what you weigh and what your friend weigh have no bearing on either of you being more or less deserving. Please too remember that Scarleteen serves about the most diverse group imaginable: I hear you feeling low about yourself, but let's not inadvertently express that in ways that makes others feel crappy about themselves, okay? [Smile]

As well, someone not having a romantic partner doesn't mean they are unloveable (nor does having one mean someone is loved): there are a lot of kinds of love and sources of love.

What has your dating history been like so far? How do dates tend to go with you? What are you looking for in a romantic relationship? What makes you think you're doing anything wrong?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.