Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Just a funny observation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just a funny observation
Bun Bun
Activist
Member # 37353

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bun Bun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it funny how we all think that little things we do are odd, weird or just downright embarassing, and yet so many others do the same thing?

This thought was provoked because awhile ago, my friend and I were discussing how when we go braless before bed, we always hold our boobs while going up or down the stairs so that they don't bounce, and just now on MSN, another friend said "when I run up the stairs braless, I totally grab them. it's like no, um, too much bounce. omg, I can't believe I just said that".

[Razz] Funny, eh?

Posts: 206 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LollySocks
Activist
Member # 31077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LollySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes :]
lolz.

--------------------
break down, rebuild, repeat.

Posts: 64 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
endall_
Neophyte
Member # 31648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for endall_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha, me too! this reminds me of postsecret.com -there are so many secrets on there from people who think they're alone, but really a lot of people can relate... you're never alone when you think you are.
speaking of which...
when I go to the toilet, I always check behind the shower curtain to make sure no ones hiding- & apparently both my best friends do the same [Smile] lol

Posts: 13 | From: usa | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maxelli'ia
Neophyte
Member # 37471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxelli'ia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol that is so funny. I always wear a bra unless i'm in a bathing suit or tank top with built in support...my boobs are just too ginormous for me to go without. But i do always check the shower before using the bathroom.

I like to go to book stores and smell the new ones on the just released shelf. they smell like innocence and knowledge and chances not taken.......i also relate smells to emotions. Both of which i have caught all of my closest friends doing at least once (although one preferes the smell of antique books becouse they smell more like wisdom than age)

--------------------
"I may be some sort of crazy/we may be some sort of crazy/but i swear on everything i have and more/you make the sound of pulling heaven down"
-"Sound of Pulling Heaven Down" Blue October |F|O|I|l|E|D|

WTF
KITTY!

Posts: 3 | From: Central Texas (but hopefully not for long) | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by endall_:
when I go to the toilet, I always check behind the shower curtain to make sure no ones hiding- & apparently both my best friends do the same [Smile] lol

So do I. [Smile]

--------------------
Young and Dumb.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Keith Urban

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SnailShells
Activist
Member # 35485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnailShells     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I relate smells to emotions too! (I'm with your friend; I prefer old books [Smile] ) I also relate words to colors and tastes, and numbers to emotion, etc; my mom does the same thing! (The moon tastes and smells like cold cream to me [Big Grin] . I think there's a term for this...?) My strangest habit is arranging the eggs in the fridge; if there's an even number, I always have to arrange them into a design in their carton [Razz]

--------------------
“I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty.” --John Waters

Posts: 206 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloverfield
Neophyte
Member # 38444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloverfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to cover the rim of the toilet bowl with toilet paper, even if it's in my own bathroom. I don't like the germs OR the cold feeling.

I close and lock the door to the bathroom no matter what, even if I am just brushing my teeth.

50% of the fun of going to Barnes + Noble is smelling the new books when nobody is looking [Razz] Sometimes I'll buy a book just because it smells more crisp and clean than the others. Is that weird?

Posts: 3 | From: pacific northwest | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hollie5626
Neophyte
Member # 35451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hollie5626     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’ve got one! Whenever I eat lots my tummy feels like its really bulging out a fair bit. Obviously it isn’t that much but it kind of feels like I’m pregnant to me. So…when I went to see Juno when it came out, at the beginning of the movie there’s that bit where Juno thinks shes pregnant her friend says “are you sure its not just a food baby” or something. And OMG! I couldn’t believe that other people (I guess at least one of the scriptwriters?) felt like that as well. Except I never thought to call it a “food baby” [Smile]
Posts: 22 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tsubi
Neophyte
Member # 41292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tsubi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I count aeroplanes =]

because I feel like flying away, I'm up to 152
and also whenever I see those jet that spray out long lines of clouds on a great sun shiny day and blue sky, I give them a moment of appreciation..

haha does anyone do the same? =]

Posts: 8 | From: Australia Vic | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bun Bun
Activist
Member # 37353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bun Bun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Endall, what is it about shower curtains? I always have to have mine closed if I'm on the toliet because there's a window (nevermind the fact it's on the second floor, and faces my neighbor's ROOF).

And Tsubi, I love those long cloud thingies from planes. One time, they made an "x" and it reminded me of treasure!

Posts: 206 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SnailShells- the term is "synesthesia". I have that, but with music, and some words. I relate them to colour and sensations. For example, the name "Ana María" feels like an M&M clacking and crunching, and the word Czechoslovakia is yellow. Or I don't like red songs, or the central C note feels like I'm passing my hand down a metal tube. "Cherry Lips", from Garbage, is pink and I feel like I'm chewing bubble gum the whole time I hear it. I adore it [Big Grin] .

Weird bathroom thing? This is because of my personal experience though. When I was little, I stayed at a beach house, where the owner told me that he had a frog in his toilets. I didn't believe him. So imagine my surprise when I lifted the seat one day to find a frog staring at me!! That night I peed outside instead. Since then, if I have to go to the bathroom somewhere other than my house, I check the toilet to see if there's anything in there that shouldn't be >_>;;. LOL.

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tsubi
Neophyte
Member # 41292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tsubi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to Bun Bun: yup, the sky is beautiful isn't it =D

oh and another thing to keep this topic going (because it's a fun topic lol)
when I go to sleep, I fold the end of my blanket in a way so that it covers my both my feet fully in a pocket.. because since I was little I get paranoid that something or someone creepy is going to touch my feet LOL ..it's a very freaky feeling

Posts: 8 | From: Australia Vic | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico
Neophyte
Member # 41355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rofl, I hold my arms against my chest when I run/go up or down the stairs with no bra on; its natural to me =P

Also, whenever I wear my shoes for the first time I bite them. (just like, a nip on the side or summat) Its like tradition that seems to run on my mother's side, and I never thought it was weird until my friend actually saw me "breaking in" a pair of boots. xD If one hand gets wet, I have to wet the other hand too.

Posts: 5 | From: Copenhagen, Denmark | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jen551
Neophyte
Member # 41845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jen551     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My shower reminds me of Ursula the sea witch from The Little Mermaid when I turn the bathroom lights off because I saw that movie too young and had nightmares lol.
Posts: 34 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.