Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Emo..about my room mate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Emo..about my room mate
colyncorin
Neophyte
Member # 31175

Icon 11 posted      Profile for colyncorin         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a room mate and she does not want to do the cleaning! I've hinted her so many times and I am very fed up about this. Her hairs are falling off her head so much that the whole floor in the room and bath room are filled with her hair. I was the one who picked it up for her all the time and now I didn't do it for a few weeks to let her know it's hers to do. But....it's helpless. HELP!!!!! The room is such a mess. I have cleaned my part..I cant move out since I am on a contract. T.T Any suggestions?
Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Argh, roommate conflicts are never fun, AmyMay, I hear you there. Have you ever spoken directly to her about this?

"___, I feel like I've been doing most (all!) of the cleaning lately, and I think it would be best to make a cleaning schedule that works for both of us. What do you think?"

or

"___, you have such beautiful, long hair. The only issue with that is that I'm finding it all over the floor and bathroom. Do you notice it, too?"

Do you have a resident assistant whom you can talk to about this, too? I'd try to directly (in a friendly way) confront your roommate first, but then seek additional help if necessary.

Good luck! [Smile]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narwhal
Activist
Member # 34755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narwhal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely try to discuss a cleaning schedule that will work for both of you. I kind of was the bad roommate for a while (I hate to admit it, but it's true) and part of it had to do with my schedule being very difficult. The day that my roommate did the cleaning was Saturday, which was the only day I had for catching the bus to the grocery store, catching up on my reading for classes, etc...Needless to say this didn't work too well.

I'd suggest you work out an arrangement for all shared spaces whereby you each A)clean up after your own messes as you go and B)take turns with jobs that have to be done on a regular basis.

Another option might be to discuss specific jobs, for example, "I know you don't like vacuuming the floor, and I don't mind doing it if you'll take care of the dusting." Or, "I'll cook dinner for both of us if you'll wash the dishes." Of course, if your roommate is opposed to all forms of housework, this won't do you much good. [Frown] But it lets her know she needs to do her share.

Posts: 147 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.