Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » How was 2006 for you?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How was 2006 for you?
Faith54
Activist
Member # 27855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith54     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the new year has started, so I've been looking back on 2006 a lot. 2006 was a year of ultimate highs and lows. Highs: I got over my depression, did extremely well in school, my relationship became more stable (and hit our one year anniversary), formed a great group of friends, volunteered with the Humane Society and other organizations, got my drivers permit. Lows: Hit some major low points in my relationship (cheating accusations, drugs, a "break"), lost a lot of elementary school friends to the allure of popularity, had a class I hated extremely, stress over AP exams, I found out I have low blood sugar, my grandmother became very sick.

Anyway, looking forward to the new year. My license, Honors Society, further development in all my relationships romantic/friends/family. So, how was your 2006? Looking forward to 2007?

--------------------
"My grandmother never gave gifts- she was too busy being raped by cossacks." ~ Woody Allen

Posts: 107 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Highs of 2006: Started the best relationship of my life, started swing dancing, graduated high school and started going to a terrific university, finally overcame (most of) my insecurity issues, got my emotional eating under control.

Lows: My grandfather passed away, I got into a car accident, ate emotionally for a lot of the year --> gained some weight, went into depression for a while and almost screwed things up in my relationship.

But everything worked out in the end. I've conquered most of my emotional issues, and I'm forming healthier habits, taking better classes, and planning to live a happier 2007. [Smile]

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
Highs: i began to get over my anxiety problems with the help of a counsellor, i got to have the best time in college, i made new friends and worked hard at an old relationship to keep it going.

Lows: my uncle got cancer and is still very ill, my grandma also got breast cancer, i lost some friends along the way, i failed a french exam and almost ruined my prospects at a history degree because i couldnt control my anxiety problems, i suffered from serious depression for most of the year.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2006 was a great year. My highs: I got married, had an amazing honeymoon, pay raise at work, lot more time with my friends and family, reach one year of parenting with our kittens, and got a car.

Lows: my family's standard poodle (dog) of almost 10 years had passed away due to an heart attack in late january (he was only two weeks away from his 10th birthday!) and my grandmother (my mom's mother) passed away due to pancreas cancer in November.

I have lots more highs to look forward for this new year of 2007. I have more goals to complete [Smile]

--------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizenny
Activist
Member # 22661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
***Highs of 2006***
-Transferred to the college I intended on going to in the first place

-Found a neat bunch of people who are able to put up with my wonderful weirdness

-Got away from a roommate with a horrible attitude

-Got Kito, my cute little pet rat(she's not so little anymore!)

-Managed against all odds to pay the deposit for my trip to Greece with my acapella group

-Rediscovered poetry

-Got my comic into my school's GSA newspaper

-Became president of said GSA

-Started doing stand-up

@#%!Lows of 2006!%#@

-Watching media coverage of stupid celebrity scandals and other relatively unimportant brain clutter and realizing that much of America is just eating this up

-Watching the news and realizing that hardly anyone did anything noteworthy that was positive last year

-Finding out that someone I went to elementary school with had been murdered by other people I went to elementary school with

[ 01-13-2007, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: lizenny ]

--------------------
I AM WOMAN...THE REMIX!!!

You catch more flies with manure than you do with honey.

Posts: 110 | From: Worcester MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2006 was probably the single worst year of my life. If I have to go through all that again, I'd probably have to kill myself.

1. Rejected from medical school
2. Boyfriend got sent to prison
3. Found out boyfriend cheated on me for a year
4. Home was burglarized right before Xmas

To hear the nitty gritty, look at my Village People thread.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm 2006:
Was in a relationship from the start of 06 that went until July too which I realized I wasted a year of my life with that person and all I did was try to help him get better in his life and not focus on me.
I went to california for two weeks and while I was away I realized all this so i broke up with him.

So the bad: Broke up with someone I wasted a year with. (though thats not that bad really)
Didnt do my photography at all while I was in a relationship with that person.

The Good: Got my photography going again!
Entered a photo contest and won viewers choice!
Got my new camera!
Met some rad new people.
Skated alot.

and yeah thats about it, but 2007 has started off really well. So Cheers for that!

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you for getting back into photography, surferchick! And for realizing what was best for YOU and not someone else, and acting upon it [Smile]

I think many relationships, even if they drain you, aren't necessarily a waste of time because they can help you learn more about yourself and what is in your best interests and what is best for you in your life!

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dailicious:
Good for you for getting back into photography, surferchick! And for realizing what was best for YOU and not someone else, and acting upon it [Smile]

I think many relationships, even if they drain you, aren't necessarily a waste of time because they can help you learn more about yourself and what is in your best interests and what is best for you in your life!

Yeah though I think it was in a way a waste. I didnt learn anything thru the relationship, cept I guess not to focus on the other person so much. You can only help someone if they want to be helped. And he didnt want to be helped.

Thats my big thing now I guess not putting an effort into trying to help people when they dont even want to be helped. They need to realize it for themselves than if they realize they need help. I will be there for em.

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.