Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » pretty cool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pretty cool
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what ? I'm F-I-N-I-S-H-E-D, D-O-N-E, having lots and lots of studying to do and work for a month until January ! How cool is that ?

No more classes, just, well, me working for about a month with nurses and doctors and health practionners in an hospital, learning in part what the medical world consists of and meeting lots of new patients with different physical and mental conditions each day. Pretty cool hey ? I'm so so anxious to begin !!! I can't believe I, from now on, will find time for myself also.

It's been ages since I haven't spent a lot of time for myself, so it's great to finally get somehow my live back, not that I didn't had a life anymore but ....definitly a small part of it has been taken away for a while in order to be replaced by studying and homework...

[ 12-01-2006, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, this last days, I have been working with nurses in the hospital and it rocks !!!!!! Really. That is so amazing. [Smile] )

I can't wait because as the days go by, it gets more and more interesting since it is more ressembling of what I'm gonna do in the future : I'm gonna go at the E.R and surgery dept. watching doctors in a few days. That is so cool !

Really, I might seem like a little girl right now but all of that is so great !! And you get to learn so much being, how can I say it, live, on the field, that's simply amazing.( I think I can't say that word enough [Big Grin] )

That's time like those that makes me realize that this is really what I want to do in the future.

[ 12-05-2006, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Know what ? Just when I tought I wouldn't have any chance to spend time with a gynecologist, well I did. I spend two days with two of them. [Smile]

This was really interesting and something I am for the moment interested a lot in doing in the future. But who knows ? This might change.

What I was surprised though is that there is not always a nurse in the room when the gyn do the exam. That's weird.

[ 12-14-2006, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eek!

I'm an OB/Gyn RN and our docs ALWAYS grab one of us to do GYN exams. Always, always, always. We don't usually do a lot, other than help position the patient and keep them comfortable and/or distracted, but we're always there.

Make sure, when you're a doctor, to ASK the patient if they want someone else w/ them (if it's not a rule). It protects you (from lawsuits!) and the patient (from being uncomfortable when it can be avoided).

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.