Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Music!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Music!
John_Bonsan
Activist
Member # 29804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John_Bonsan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right now I'm working on making a CD for my girlfriend, and for my little girls, even though they're not here yet. It's for while they're there, in the womb, and for the future, when they get older. I'm not doing too well at the moment, I've only got two songs!

-Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance
-Rod Stewart - Forever Young
-Louis Armstrong- What A Wonderful World
-Bob Carlisle - Butterfly Kisses

Anyone have any suggestions? I don't think I explained myself too well, but you all know what I mean, I hope. XD

Note: As I find songs, I'm adding them in. ^^

[ 09-03-2006, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: John_Bonsan ]

Posts: 103 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may want to check out this topic in All About You:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=001324

Not all of them may be songs you want to inclube, but quite a list has built up so it could be of use to you.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John_Bonsan
Activist
Member # 29804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John_Bonsan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I have to pay for the songs I download, so rather then download all of them and see if they might fit my current music needs, I'd rather have songs I know will fit them.
Posts: 103 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A number of download places will let you preview songs before downloading (try Amazon.com) - and by asking for suggestions of songs, if you haven't heard them before, there's no gurantee they're going to fit your current music needs either, so it won't hurt to look through the list in case it gives you ideas, cool?

Another recomendation could be going with music you know your girlfriend enjoys, and if all else fails, go by some old classic standbys- The Beatles, for example, I loved listening to the Beatles when I was a little girl. And download some Peter, Paul & Mary (Specifically off of "Peter, Paul & Mommy), they have some lullabys and songs for children - again, great to grow up to.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John_Bonsan
Activist
Member # 29804

I want music that fits the style and message of the songs I posted. I looked through the board you sent, nothing really fits... They're mostly those modern rock hits, or about the different kind of love---the love other than that I should be giving to my daughters. I know my girlfriend enjoys all types of music except for rap and R&B...so personal choice on her part isn't much of an issue.
StrawberrySafeSex
Activist
Member # 26300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrawberrySafeSex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd definitely reccomend Creed's "With Arms Wide Open", because I listened to it non-stop when my sister was pregnant with my first nephew. Although opinions of this differ, I'm pretty sure it's about this guy finding out he's going to be a Dad, and what he wants out of life specifically for them! (It just sounds perfect for you!)

--------------------
"Sex can look like love if you don't know what love looks like. It is trying out trusting & being trusted... 'I can give it to you, and I can take it away. This sex is me', you can say. 'It is mine, take it. Take me. Please keep me.'"

Posts: 59 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John_Bonsan
Activist
Member # 29804

This song is perfect. =) Thanks. How could the meaning possibly be debated? It seems so obvious. Sloww and steady I'm getting this together. I'm wondering if I should give it to her for during the pregnancy, or as a little gift after she gives birth. Any ideas?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(This really belong more in "It's All About You," since it's not particularly about pregnancy, so I'll be moving it there.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John_Bonsan
Activist
Member # 29804

Well I figured it was more about parenting, finding songs that my children could listen to as they were growing up to help them become better people--as music surely impacts people like that. But whatever works...
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, What A Wonderful World always makes me cry. It's such a lovely song. Plus, when I was little, I used to sing along to my daddy playing it on the piano. Good memories, yeah?

Anyhow, a lot of Disney songs are fun music to listen to growing up, but I don't know that your girlfriend would enjoy those. Lessee... Happy Together is a sweet song, but ever since Shrek came out, it tends to bring to mind that movie, which I for one am not terribly fond of.

Ooh! I absolutely love the version of When I Fall In Love sung by Celine Dion and Clive Griffen. Also, my mum's favourite song is Fly Me to the Moon. It's the only song she can play on the piano (barely pounding out the melody, but still) and I remember her teaching it to me when I was about five or six. She used to sing it to me all the time. Both that song and When I Fall In Love bring me to tears, without fail, every time. I tend to be very moved by music, in case you couldn't tell. : )

Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.