Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Your First Concert

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your First Concert
Faith54
Activist
Member # 27855

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Faith54     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I went to my first concert. It was being held by the local rock station. It ran from 2 to 10, and the performers were Heartbreaker (a Led Zeppelin tribute), Joe Lynn Turner, Pat Travers Band, Blue Oyster Cult, and Alice Cooper. It was very stressful planning, since I was going with friends, but overall very worth it. Heartbreaker and Joe Lynn Turner were alright. I started feeling really dizzy and sick by the time Pat Travers came on, but we moved up so we could get a good spot for BOC. All the pot smoke didn't help matters, but I still had a good time.

And then Alice Cooper came on. Wow wow wow wow, what an amazing show! My friends and I just danced and shouted through his whole set, and watched eagerly when he brought on the guillotine. It's so much more fantastic when the artist gets the audience involved and loves what he is doing. Even my dad, who hates crowds, was having a good time. Today I feel like hell, but I'm so happy I waited to see him.

I thought it would be interesting for everyone to reflect upon their first concerts. Anyone want to share?

--------------------
"My grandmother never gave gifts- she was too busy being raped by cossacks." ~ Woody Allen

Posts: 107 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first concert was Peter, Paul and Mary at the Evergreen State fair. I was nine. I don't remember much, except "Puff the Magic Dragon."

My first "arena" concert was NSync in early 1999.

My first rock concert, however, was Family Values 1999 with Primus, Red Man and Method Man, Staind, and Limp Bizkit.

The most recent concert was Josh Groban at the White River Amphitheater.

Quite a musical spread, I assure you.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first concert was seeing Incubus live in the spring of 2002.

Incubus is one of my absolute favorite bands (pre-Crow Left of the Murder, after that, eh, the band's different enough without the original bassist and I don't really personally like how their sound has progressed) and it was an amazing live experience.

I've only been to three other "rock show" type concerts, so ranking from favorite to not-as-favorite wouldn't have much of a point, but Incubus will at least have a special place as my first.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wise Janet Weiss
Activist
Member # 30392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wise Janet Weiss         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL.My first concert was when I was in my mother's stomach.
Posts: 320 | From: South of something. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
biblacknproud87
Neophyte
Member # 30415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for biblacknproud87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first concert was an Usher concert. I honestly didn't want that to be my first concert (I love many of his singles, but I wouldn't call myself a fan). But my friend's aunt had tickets, and my friend was a really big Usher fan, so I went with her. It was fun, considering it was a concert. But my friend was so excited she kept pulling on me and pulling on me, almost dragging me to the ground, lol. But it was funny...it's a nice little memory, but I would have rathered my first concert had been the Backstreet Boys (yes, I still like them :-D).

--------------------
I'm lovely
I'm beautiful
I love myself
I need me
Before I need anyone else

Posts: 35 | From: New York...New Brunswick, New Jersey when I'm in school | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wise Janet Weiss
Activist
Member # 30392

Don't worry I still love 'em to.
Posts: 320 | From: South of something. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh. I've only been to two concerts (that is, band concerts). One of them was a Sting and Annie Lennox concert, and the other was a Paris Combo concert. Both were quite good, but not, I suppose, the same experience as, say, a rock concert would be.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CeeD
Neophyte
Member # 30254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CeeD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my first concerts was a band called the salads. I didnt really like it, as Im claustraphobic, aaaaand being in crowds doesnt really work. Ive been to a couple other bigger concerts since then, and Its not really my thing. I dont like moshing, which everybody else seems to like. I just like listening to the music, and possibly the occasional jumping on the spot. but meh
Posts: 26 | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fierce
Neophyte
Member # 30857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fierce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a local one.
with loads of hardcore screamo emo type bands.

--------------------
no, you can't have my number.
'cause i lost my phone.

Posts: 3 | From: LONDON | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, I saw Massive Attack at the Hollywood Bowl.

Tomorrow, I'm seeing Beck in a tiny nightclub in Hollywood. Wednesday, I'm seeing Snow Patrol at the Wiltern. Thursday, I'm seeing Wolfmother at the Palladium.

How did this indie rocker get her start? Rod Stewart at the Hollywood Bowl back in 1994. and it was fun!

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First one? Back in 1995, but I won't name the band. I am embarrased about it to this day.

Best concert ever was Placebo in 2004. Am going to see those guys two more times this year, too, which makes me all excited.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...I'd have to say that my favorite concert is a toss up between the Offspring concert where the Vandals opened (I adore the Vandals, thanks to that concert) or the Accousitc set with Staind, Coldplay (who are much better in concert) and Death Cab for Cutie, before they were popular outside WA.

It's okay, September. I admit to seeing *NSync not once, but twice. [Razz]

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I think my first real concert was Backstreet Boys many years ago.

Since then I've seen Matthew Good, Green Day, Bif Naked, and just this last Wednesday, I saw Imogen Heap.

She was absolutely amazing! I got 2 autographs and a picture with her. It made my life [Razz]

[ 11-10-2006, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Summer of 2000, first stop on Savage Garden's Affirmation tour,Barton Field, Fort Gordon

I laughed, I cried, I sang...and wow...

Since then, I've only been to two more. Evanescence in Atlanta, Summer of 04, and Hinder/Three Days Grace/Crossfade/Dropping Daylight/Black Stone Cherry/Staind last month, same venue.

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Torchie
Neophyte
Member # 31448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Torchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First and only concert, Evanescence in 2004. Loved it, smoke and lights everywhere, and we didn't get back until about midnight! Hopefully going to Warped/ My Chem Rom next year, but it's doubtful.

--------------------
"I'm confused. Who are you? Where am I? And more importantly, what's for dinner?"

Posts: 10 | From: Everywhere and Nowhere | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candace
Neophyte
Member # 30549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to my first concert this summer. It was Billy Idol the Sex God's concert!!! OMG, he is the hottest 50 year old on the planet. He still has his six pack, still has gorgeous lips and eyes, and is everything wonderful to me. When he came out, singing Rebel Yell in tight leather pants, I had a mini orgasm(pathetic, I know). You know Faith54, it's funny because Alice Cooper came to my town just two days before Billy did. I wanted to go to his concert too, but I had to pick. It was a hard choice, but Billy Idol is just so hot.

--------------------
.:*Candace*:.

Posts: 4 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sekretful
Neophyte
Member # 28576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sekretful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my first concert was UB40 =) o0o0 that was the best concert ever. i loved it soo much i dont think any concert ill ever go to will be able to beat that one. UB40 are the most laid back band ever it was so AWESOME front row middle as well!!.

=) A MEMORI ILL NEVER FORGET!!

--------------------
*sekretful*

Posts: 19 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orangeuglad
Neophyte
Member # 31541

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orangeuglad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my first concert was to go see jack johnson at the irvine spectrum, on the grass, on a blanket with my boy friend. yea, i'm pretty awsome
Posts: 3 | From: united states | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snyggtjej
Neophyte
Member # 31107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snyggtjej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first concert was Weird Al Yankovic in 1999.
My most recent concert was Metallica!

Posts: 16 | From: Honolulu | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first concert was Peter Paul & Mary when I was in elementary school... hehe. But I am SOOOO excited - a friend and I got tickets to see The Who on Dec. 2 in Boston!!! They're one of my favorite bands EVER and I am pretty sure it'll be just about the best concert of all time. [Big Grin]

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenguinBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing my friend's brother's band "the ten year prospect" in a smokey little club when i was 15 [Big Grin] and i had to convince the bouncers i was 16.

Loved it [Big Grin] .

Most recent was.. i can't remember [Frown]

but i'd definately like to PLAY a gig soon!

--------------------
Jacob - my Scarleteen Blog - Please help sustain scarleteen

Posts: 633 | From: Bedfordshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master_Of_Puppets
Activist
Member # 29525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Master_Of_Puppets     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Darkness and The Wildhearts in Montreal, June 22nd 2004. I've seen a total of 145 bands since then...yes, you read that number right. I'm 17 and I practically live for concerts.
Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyLuck77
Activist
Member # 31504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLuck77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man...MY first concert was back in 1996. I went to see Bush! The GooGoo Dolls and No Doubt opened for them.

Hilarious in retrospect, but it really was a great show.

Posts: 71 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wise Janet Weiss
Activist
Member # 30392

Last year, July, The Sweet River Band, local band, but still pretty good.
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Time Lady:
First and only concert, Evanescence in 2004. Loved it, smoke and lights everywhere, and we didn't get back until about midnight! Hopefully going to Warped/ My Chem Rom next year, but it's doubtful.

Awesome, another Evanescence fan! Which venue were you at for the 04 concert? I was at Hi-Fi Buys Amphitheatre in Atlanta -- July 30. Awesome place, even from the lawn seats.

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
My first concert was an Avril Lavigne concert I went to while I was in Montreal with some friends few years ago. She's not really one of my favorite artists but my friends had tickets so I did not decline the offer. [Smile] But we had a great time overall.

[ 12-21-2006, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.