Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Birthday Ideas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birthday Ideas
*meg*
Neophyte
Member # 28409

Icon 14 posted      Profile for *meg*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have any ideas of what i can do for my birthday??? I havent gotta clue what i can do! xxx
Posts: 29 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How old are you and what are your interests?

You can find tons of ideas by doing a simple search here at Scarleteen. Try it.

--------------------
And I say thank you for the scars
And the guilt and the pain
Every tear I've never cried
Has sealed your fate.
Did you take me for a fool
or were you just too blind to see
that every effort made has failed
and there is no destroying me?
Atreyu

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justxsome1
Neophyte
Member # 29048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justxsome1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
first of all, HAPPY PRE-BIRTHDAY!!! well for my birthdays, i usually like to be different and come up with a new birthday trends...

~one year i took my friends to build-a-bear (yes and i was 13) which for people who dont know is a place where you pick out a stuffed animal skin, put stuffing and a heart in it, name it, and dress it how ever you want, so it was really fun, and i made a stuffed cow [Smile]

~this year for my 14th birthday i went to HERSHEY PARK!!! it was sooo much fun and everyone had a blast, but make sure your friends/family enjoys rides, because that could turn out pretty badly if they dont [Frown]

~down the shore, depending where you live?

~another i went to medeivil times, a stadium where you dress up in medevil clothes, have a "feast" (by the way, it was really good) and watch people fight on horse backs and such. of corse, its all staged

~THE mall!! take your friends on a shopping spreeeee!!! much fun!

~maybe since summer is comming you could have a pool party?! they're always fun!

~bowling is a classic!

~DANCE PARTIES!!! haha my favorite

~or the usual if all else fails, take your closest friends to dinner/movie or whatever then back for a sleepover, which are always a blast!!

hope you have a great birthday!!! and celebrate it the way you want to!!!

Posts: 19 | From: united states | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sugapllum fairii
Neophyte
Member # 29147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sugapllum fairii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok i know it sounds kind of lame but why not try a themed party, maybe with fancy dress?
I had a james bond themed party lol and it actually turned out to be really cool! You could do a certain time period like the 60's and have everyone come dressed up in groovy clothes and stuff, fancy dress parties may sound a bit childish but I still find them really really fun -----enjoy your birthday" [Big Grin]

--------------------
Oh I Wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair, 77 and 69 revolution was in the air
She rocks go to www.sandithom.com and listne!

Posts: 13 | From: London, England | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dress up parties are great, but sometimes you can run into trouble if guests can't afford a costume and/or feel obligated to go out and buy one. In the past I've found it helpful to provide a few low-cost costume pieces at the door, so guests who come without costumes won't feel left out. That aside, if you like dressing up, themed costume parties can be endless fun.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On campus, we have "theme parties" for just about everything. Toga parties have obviously become the favorite because of the sheer versatility of a bedsheet.

Of course, we've also done:

Rock star -- dress as your favorite musical artist
Retro -- dress in the style of your favorite decade
Generic Celebrity -- dress as any famous person you can come up with
Generic Masquerade -- put on your best dress/suit and pick up a mask at the door

They've all been fun, aside from cleaning up after the few who had too much to drink >.<

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Masquerade Parties rock!

We had one after college one weekend and it gave us a chance to wear those prom dresses we bought and thought we'd never wear again.

I once attended a pajama party, which was really loads of fun, but some people can get out of hand. . so depending on your company and guests, you may want to reconsider the idea if it pops into mind. [Wink]

--------------------
And I say thank you for the scars
And the guilt and the pain
Every tear I've never cried
Has sealed your fate.
Did you take me for a fool
or were you just too blind to see
that every effort made has failed
and there is no destroying me?
Atreyu

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're wanting to host a party, then how about hosting a mystery party (or getting one of your friends to host one). There are lots of "How to Host a Murder Mystery" games you can buy, and there are games available with the same sort of idea but without the "murder" bit. If you're a Star Trek fan, there's even a special "How to Host a Mystery: Star Trek" version.

Or you could get some folks together and go do some community service before you go party. Helping people is a great way to celebrate...so maybe plant some trees, clean up a local green area, help at the local animal shelter, do a shift at a food kitchen, or other service.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.