Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Breast Binding?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breast Binding?
Irm
Activist
Member # 27418

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Irm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had NO idea where to put this, so I figured this was a nice, out-of-the-way place.

Basically, I need some tips on effective breast-binding. Partially for looking good in a tux (prom is coming up), and partially because I've been fantasizing about getting a break from these gals ever since they started D-cupping their way into my life around 5th grade or so. Not that I don't like them, mind you, but there's so much of them, and though I have my corset-and-stockings days, I really also have my shirt-n-belt days where I just wish I could take them off like a pair of accessories and put them on the shelf.

I've tried bondage tape--the stuff that only sticks to itself--but I start sweating and the tape starts curling and cutting off my circulation.

My mother, knowing me, hides the duct tape.

Tips? : / Prom is this Saturday--it would be nice to have some sort of working solution by then.

Posts: 213 | From: Private | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how about a tight-fitting corset? otherwise, why not just wear a really great ladies' blouse under your tux, instead of a tux shirt?

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've done drag quite a few times in the last year, I swear by Ace bandages. Bind with a large bandage going down and to the sides (so your breasts end up sort of near your armpits), going mostly for coverage. Then with a second small bandage, start at the top and bind down keeping compression in mind. You can also top this with a third wide bandage for extra protection, and cover the whole mess with an undershirt. Don't bind too tight, though, as it makes breathing quite difficult.

There are quite a few good sites out there; just google "drag king" or "breast binding"; you may want to do a safe search, though, or beware your results.

--------------------
"I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long"

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I bound my breasts for archery practice, I used an ACE bandage (a rather wide one), then duct tape. I know it sounds weird, but for temporary stuff, duct tape has been my lifesaver. Since your mother hides the duct tape, make sure you safety-pin the bandage to itself, and try some double-sided tape to keep it from moving.

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I wore a tux to one of my senior proms, I had a doublet-style corset (the type that pushes you DOWN and in, not up) I wore beneath.

But otherwise, yep: ace bandages are the bomb. A sports bra a size or two too small also works well: that's what I use to bind when I box.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irm
Activist
Member # 27418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, an overbust corset that would do the job described seems a bit out of my reach, but I'll deffinately look into the Ace bandages, since they got three thumbs up in a row, and possibly the sports bras too. Thanks so much for the help!
Posts: 213 | From: Private | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.