Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » the simple things

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the simple things
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I was sitting at my desk earlier today, trying to study for a midterm, and I looked outside and it was beautifully sunny. This made me ridiculously happy for some reason, and I got to thinking that I hardly ever stop to appreciate things like that - the little stuff that just brightens up my day.

So, what are some of the things that make your own little world a better place, that just make you smile? The little things, the simple things?

A few of mine are:
-water (I get seriously crabby if I don't have a bottle of water with me at all times)
-dancing (of any kind)
-music
-hugs (from friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, family, whoever!)
-warm fuzzy socks, preferably knee-high and stripey

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to know how Victoria got sun, but I, in Seattle/Bothell, got urban flooding. :P

Simple things? The rose my boyfriend gave me for my birthday. My blankey. LEGO.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, Lego, that's a good one. Pity my mom gave all mine away.

(And it was only about five minutes of sun...pouring rain the rest of the day, but here ya take what you can get. )

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 10 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

• Playing goofy music in other languages
  • Driving around to calm music
  • Quality chocolate
  • When my significant other calls me up randomly to tell me he loves me (a super rare event, because he despises talking on the phone)
  • Taking naps
  • Unexpected savings on stuff when I buy them on clearance and they turn out to be on even deeper clearance when I go to the register!

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 10 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-Music
-Sleep
-My crush's smile
-Sunsets
-The way you can see the rays of sunlight in the mist in the morning. It looks as if you could almost touch it.
-The way your breath fogs up in the cold.
-A nice fire (in the fireplace, of course)
-Getting a better grade on a test/report card than I thought I was going to
-Clouds
-Birds clumped up together on top of traffic lights and such (around here they do that a lot when it gets cold. It's uber cute)
-Our hill out back in the springtime
-Spring in general
-Autumn
-Good caffine
-No homework
-The Sunday comics

Wow. Sorry my list got a bit long, but I could go on for ever and ever. Be thankful I cut it off there. :) It's amazing, how many things I have to be thankful for/happy about. You never really realize it until you get to thinking. Kudos for the great topic!

Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 10 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The little things that tend to rock my world with smiles, laughter and love include:

-hugs and kisses from Isaiah, my family, and my best friends.
-our two kittens (they really do entertain us daily ever since we got them last October!
-red roses
-sunsets
-photgraphic moments
-coke (yeah ,i'm still addicted to drinking it).
-dancing (when i can get to clubs!)
-driving (i've loved it since I was 16). I just need to get my OWN car now. I drive occasionally with my parents car.
-my cell phone.. especially when Isaiah calls with his sexy voice and the text msgs i get from family, friends and Isaiah himself
-the summer season. Warm weather suits me best!

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peaches44
Activist
Member # 27099

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Peaches44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
- getting an e-mail from a real person who wants to communicate in a way other than a forward or to ask me to join the latest online club, you now to ask how I am or aomething
- seeing my boyfriend's name on the caller ID, I don't care what he wants to talk about I just like to hear his voice
- my mom's homemade-from-scratch black forest cake, I only get it once a year for my birthday and it's heavenly
- pictures of the only dog that was ever mine and not "the family's", I had to give him away when I moved into a no-pets place, but he's still my baby and I have pictures everywhere
- curling up on the couch with my blanky and a good book...or any book for that matter, I just love reading
- the smell of my boyfriend's cologne when he's not around, like when I'm doing the laundry and I catch a whiff or something
- a good song with a good beat, my two feet, and a place to dance
- I wanna be a photographer one day so when I take pictures with a disposable camera or a point-and-click (since I don't have a real good camera yet) and I get them developed and I'm flipping through them and I find an AWESOME picture that I took (even if it's of something stupid) I just stare at that picture for a long time and smile, my favorite is a picture of the lockers at my former high school, see I told you they were stupid sometimes.

Okay I'm gonna stop now, I might go on all day if I don't

Posts: 50 | From: Alberta Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 10 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-Elvis (when elvis plays on the radio i take a moment to pay my respects to my grandmother. REST IN PEACE MEMAW!!
-Sunsets
-Stary skies
-Lillies
-Rain
-The look my boyfriend gives me when he finishes kissing me, or before. I can see how much he loves me. Its amazing.
-A warm winter day - It makes a bad day turn into a good one (65 degrees here the other day - sunroof, windows down, music cranking, my way home was a blast)
-Elderly couples holdng hands - how sweet! Gives you hope that forever does exist in a relationship..you just gotta find one that suits you.
-My paps eyes (bluish grey and glassy-hes a sweet old man! Love ya Pop! )

I could go on and on... Wonderful Topic by the way!

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 7 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
simple things?

hmm lets see:
-my books
-a cup of tea
-my piano and being able to play a difficult piece
-my monday night phone call with my grandma
-pictures of my ex-boyfriends cousins who i love like they're my own children and miss like there's no tomorrow.
-hugs from my mum
-the school library on a cold crisp morning because the view is amazing
-a long hot bath
-music.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 10 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bagels with nice cream cheese...
Coca-Cola products
the hoodie I stole from my boyfriend
my featherbed
back massages
unnatural hair coloring -- blue, crayon red,etc
sleeping in..
cancelled classes
snow days
and,just for a total Garfield moment -- LASAGNA!!

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizenny
Activist
Member # 22661

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lizenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-a soda...and not the cheap kind
-the sun coming straight into my window around 2:00
-bumming for fruit that people would have thrown away anyway
-a shower with some really good smelling soap
-waiting room magazines
-the moon when it looks like it's a weird color or reflects off of a big puddle. It looks like a portal from some sci-fi show when things land in it.

------------------
You catch more flies with manure than you do with honey.

Posts: 110 | From: Worcester MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizenny
Activist
Member # 22661

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lizenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another thing in particular that brightens my day.
Getting a post right the first time and not having to get all nitpicky and go back and edit!!!!

...like I did (for once)in my last post!

------------------
You catch more flies with manure than you do with honey.

Posts: 110 | From: Worcester MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenguinBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trees,
Singing to my guitar,
Wind,
Milk,
Fruit Juice,
salad.

[ 04-14-2006, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: PenguinBoy ]

--------------------
Jacob - my Scarleteen Blog - Please help sustain scarleteen

Posts: 633 | From: Bedfordshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fabulousandthick
Neophyte
Member # 28421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fabulousandthick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunny days
Reading a good book
The ability to imagine and write

--------------------
http://www.livejournal.com/~fabulousnthick/

Posts: 7 | From: Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaybie87
Neophyte
Member # 28172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaybie87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-Hot Baths,
-Taking a nap on the floor in my old bedroom after school in the patch of sunlight that streamed in my window.
- Mangoes, guavas, mango juice
- Laughing until your stomach hurts at the most ridiculous thing
- receiving long emails from loved ones
- my wall of pictures from back home

I could go on and on and I know I'm going to think of a good one as soon as I press post!

--------------------
"too often, I have been the Lover
cursed to Love the F*****
and f*** the lover over " Raquel Ramirez, The women I have been

Posts: 17 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.