Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Thanksgiving

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thanksgiving
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
American Thanksgiving is Nov. 24, but people anywhere can give thanks whenever.

List 5 things you're thankful for right now. I'll start.

Overriding theme: I'm 25 and I have almost everything I wanted for myself at this stage in my life
1. I've got love. I get love. Lots of it.
2. My job kicks *** , and it pays me well enough that I don't worry about my expenses
3. I'm healthy and very physically fit
4. Med school apps are done, waiting for interviews, by this time next year i will be in med school come hell or high water
5. I haven't been depressed in a long time -- fleeting bouts of anxiety, but nothing as bad as when I was in college

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not 25 and haven't gotten everything I've wanted out of this stage of my life, but, hey, I'm getting there

1. A family who supports everything I do, has supported everything I've done, and will support everything I want to do, whether it's the love of my life or my childhood fantasy of getting published by the time I'm 20 (which WILL happen)
2. Speaking of the love of my life, I don't have a boyfriend, but who needs one when you've got a 22 year-old thoroughbred to baby and spoil?
3. I've gotten a head start on my college applications, which is 90% of my stress at the end of the term
4. I'm not sick, quite healthy actually, anf for the first time in a while am liking where my fitness program is going
5. I've had so many opportunities to grow, and they've all helped some way or another

------------------
Help yourself by helping the world
It's a pretty good day, I'm looking for tomorrow; I had a pretty good day, yeah, I had a good day

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.