Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Songs you cannot stop listening to (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Songs you cannot stop listening to
Pan
Neophyte
Member # 34789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm addicted to 'Le Disko' by Shiny Toy Guns

--------------------
'Ignorance, the root and stem of every evil.'
-Plato

Posts: 4 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnansiGirl
Neophyte
Member # 34159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnansiGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't stop listening to -

"Bouncing off the walls (again)," Sugarcult
"Kryptonite", 3 Door Down
"The Girl all the Bad Guys Want", Bowling for Soup
"Unwell", Matchbox 20
"Papercut" and "KRWLING", Linkin Park
"Black Cat Bone", Laika
"Story of a Girl", Nine Days
"Animal I Have Become", Three Days Grace
"Drive", Incubus

...wow, longer than I thought there. That first one is driving me INSANE, though. It's stuck in my head.

--------------------
"I'm bouncing off the walls again, woah-oh~
I'm acting like a fool again, woah-oh~
Threw away my reputation,
For one more song on the RADIO STATION~"

Posts: 29 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James the Dark
Activist
Member # 32379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James the Dark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BSG's Redux of "All Along the Watchtower" loops through my head from time to time.
Stewie Griffon's "My Fat Baby (Likes To Eat)" bugged me when I was at work today.
Most of Evanescence's new album.
Nickleback's "Side of a Bullet", "Someone That You're With", and "If Everyone Cared".
Apocalyptos' all-cello rendition of "Nothing Else Matters"
And, for some reason, a reimagining of "Eva's Aria".

I have a broad, and odd, musical palatte.

--------------------
"And you're really asking me if I prefer injury to embarrassment? That's not even a choice. I don't know anybody who's literally died of embarrassment."

People are annoying sometimes.

Posts: 78 | From: Summerside, PEI, Canada | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Castaway
Activist
Member # 28219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Castaway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any 'Tallica song up to the Black album.
Posts: 89 | From: Somewhere in dreamland.... | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Right now for me it's :

SUM 41- their new album Underclass hero :
Walking disaster
March of the dogs
Speak of the devil
Dear father
Pull the curtain
So long goodbye
Confusion and frustration in modern times

...well pretty much every song there is on their album. [Wink]

And I've also been listening to those songs a lot lately too :

Misery Bussiness- Paramore
Big machine- Goo goo dolls
I can do better- Avril Lavigne
Girlfriend- Avril Lavigne
One of those girls- Avril Lavigne
Can't let it go- Goo goo dolls
Broadway- Goo goo dolls
Before it's too late- Goo goo dolls
When you're gone- Avril Lavigne

[ 08-12-2007, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently:
hellogoodbye
Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn
Bonnie Taylor Shakedown
Figures a and B (Means You and Me)
I Saw It On Your Keyboard
Touchdown Turnaround
2 Weeks In Hawaii
Justin Timberlake
What Goes Around
LoveStoned
The Ark
Any Operator Will Do
All I Want Is You
Death To The Martyrs
Avril Lavigne
The Best Damn Thing
When You're Gone
Hot
Innocence

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoupChef
Neophyte
Member # 35381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoupChef     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Defying Gravity" from the musical Wicked.

Yes, I love Wicked, and am a total silly musical theatre nerd.

Posts: 12 | From: Toronto | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Happy Hermit
Activist
Member # 31886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Happy Hermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bohemian Rhapsody [Big Grin]

wow
Queen is the best rock band out there hands down!

--------------------
(a.k.a. k'reisvelvtr)
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star!

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

...love?

Posts: 67 | From: CANADA AGAIN!!!! | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, I love both of the above. [Big Grin]

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickandTired
Neophyte
Member # 35461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickandTired     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OoOo I juss had to watch the old pepsi commercial with beyonce pink and brittney ...
Soo cant get We will rock you outta my head!!! That song has and will always stick in my head its such a classsic [Smile]

Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
selina
Activist
Member # 33376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for selina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a million songs i love to rotate. atm its:
1. indelibly you-beth hirsch
2. if you come back to me again-garth brooks
3. i feel good-marie n
4. going home-chloe agnew
5. witchy woman-kristin chenoweth
6. how will i know-shoshana bean
7. siuil a run-anuna
8. holding on-heather small
9. pretty girl-oliver tompsett
10. i'm not that girl-julia murney

Posts: 94 | From: london | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I replied to this a LONG time ago.

Right now I can't stop listening to #12 on the new Caliban cd. I don't know the name of the song but it is on continuous replay in my mind.

Confined by As I lay Dying.
The Bleeding by Five Finger Death Punch
Ashes by Five Finger Death Punch
Crush by Funny Money.. Ahhh I love this band.

--------------------
And I say thank you for the scars
And the guilt and the pain
Every tear I've never cried
Has sealed your fate.
Did you take me for a fool
or were you just too blind to see
that every effort made has failed
and there is no destroying me?
Atreyu

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
selina
Activist
Member # 33376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for selina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, got waaaay too many but i'll add my fave 5 atm

1. ding dong the witch is dead-stephanie block
2. spanish lady-celtic woman
3. come on back-oliver tompsett
4. the snakes-medaevil baebes
5. the pretty one-christine guldbrandsen

Posts: 94 | From: london | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rina
Activist
Member # 34235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear God.

This list could go on FOREVER.

Anything from Wicked, Rent, and Phantom of the Opera.

"Living on a Prayer" ~Bon Jovi
"Nemo", "The Siren", "Eva" ~Nightwish
"Riot" ~Three Days Grace

etc.

--------------------
Madwomen seldom think they're crazy.

Posts: 83 | From: in my own little world | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iAnastasia
Neophyte
Member # 35598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iAnastasia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vysoko - Yulia Savicheva
Eto Bila Ljubov - Dima Bilan

Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SnailShells
Activist
Member # 35485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnailShells     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Da Da Da - Trio

Do the Whirlwind - Architecture in Helsinki

Whatever Lola Wants - Sarah Vaughn

the Juno soundtrack

Lollipop - Mika

Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon

Smiley Faces - Gnarles Barkly

Dancing in the Moonlight - Magnet

All of Dj Earworm's mash-ups...he actually visited my school, cool guy [Smile] Anyone else heard of him???

--------------------
“I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty.” --John Waters

Posts: 206 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
selina
Activist
Member # 33376

atm i won't stop listening to 'plastic leather and love' by carmen cusack
Stephanie101
Activist
Member # 37085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
all hilary duff songs basically lol! [Big Grin]

--------------------
stephh!

Posts: 88 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie101
Activist
Member # 37085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GYPSY WOMAN BY HILARY DUFF! seriousley anyone should like that song its AWESOME! If u havnt heard it yet u should so totally download it!

--------------------
stephh!

Posts: 88 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lily Luna
Neophyte
Member # 37575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lily Luna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trollhaim's Grott-"Bizarre Troll Technology"

Abyssos-"Your Worthless Soul For Sale??"

Ancient Ceremony-"Brides Ghostly Grace"

Sigh-"Messiahplan"

Sigh-"Hail Horror Hail"

Sigh-"Me-Devil"

Nanne Gronvall-"Hall Om Mig"

--------------------
How can we have others make us happy?? If we are not happy with ourselves, first??

Posts: 15 | From: GA, USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Echinacea
Neophyte
Member # 37557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Echinacea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately, it's been a ani difranco binge with some random stuff thrown in:

Gratitude Ani Difranco
Grey Ani Difranco
Both Hands Ani Difranco
Nightwatchman One Man Revolution CD (OVER AND OVER AGAIN...just like the energizer bunny [Smile] )
Celtic Treasure (instrumental)
Manu Chao: Radio Bemba/ Radiolina (in espanol)
Hallelujah Jeff Buckley

I think my mood lately has been pretty weird and therefore my music listening reflects this, haha.

--------------------
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep balance you must keep moving." Albert Einstein

"The most intimate connections are that of today and tomorrow"-unknown

Posts: 11 | From: College | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dirtyMohair
Neophyte
Member # 32008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dirtyMohair     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sex is Not the Enemy - Garbage
Free - Cat Power
The End - Simple Plan
Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard
Walk this World - Heather Nova
Steppin' Out - Tony Bennett & Christina Aguilera

Posts: 37 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bee_is_me
Neophyte
Member # 38122

Icon 10 posted      Profile for bee_is_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh people on this site have GREAT music taste!

It's so hard to choose just one song so I'll have to go for artists!

matchbox twenty
R.E.M.
Coldplay
Damien Rice
Something For Kate (Australian band)
Missy Higgins (Australian singer)

[ 04-23-2008, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: bee_is_me ]

--------------------
Let your clarity define you...

Posts: 25 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
selina
Activist
Member # 33376

atm its between fallin' by frida sundemo and alone by the beegees
Hollie5626
Neophyte
Member # 35451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hollie5626     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually have one song that I listen too constantly, then after a while I move onto another one, so at the moment its Gravity by Embrace. Interesting thing is that it was originally written by Chris Martin (of Coldplay) but then he gave it to Embrace, then a few years later Coldplay actually recorded it themselves, but only as a extra track on one of their singles. But as much as I love Coldplay, their version seems a little too slow, so I prefer the Embrace version.

Then before that it was These Days by Powderfinger (Aussie band). I remember when Heath Ledger died they had like a montage of his life with a song over the top and I remember thinking I love that song I'll have to look it up, but then I forgot what it was. But know I think it must have been this song, cause it was written especially for the movie Two Hands, which was apparentely Heath Ledgers big breakthrough.

Posts: 22 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
selina
Activist
Member # 33376

cherry red girl-seth lakeman
one-the beegees
goodbye heartbreak-the lighthouse family
diva-dana international
spanish lady-celtic woman
aime la vie-ishtar alabina

earthtobellax
Neophyte
Member # 40220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for earthtobellax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New order - ceremony.
Bishop allen - middle mangagement.
Say Anything - Admit It.
Modern English - Melt With You.
Siouxsie And the Banshees - Hong Kong Garden.
Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye.

Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Between My Legs - Rufus Wainwright
I Know You're Married but I've Got Feelings Too - Martha Wainwright
Playground Love - Air (From the soundtrack to "The Virgin Suicides")
Touched - Vast
Blind - Hercules and Love Affair
Black and Gold - Sam Sparro
Dance Wiv Me - Dizzee Rascal featuring Calvin Harris
American Boy - Estelle and Kanye West
The Libertine - Patrick Wolf
Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode
Touch - Yoshimi Iwasaki (the opening theme to "Touch")
Cloe - Yoko Kanno (from the "Arjuna" soundtrack)
Watch Them Fall Down - DJ Spoke
Right Here, Right Now - Fatboy Slim
The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret - Queens of the Stone Age
Auto Pilot - Queens of the Stone Age
Better Living Through Chemistry - Queens of the Stone Age

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluejumprope
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 40774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluejumprope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately:

"List of Demands" - Saul Williams
"I Don't Blame You" - Cat Power
"You Make Me Feel Mighty Real" - Sylvester
"Slider" - T. Rex
"Beautiful" - Lee & LeBlanc

--------------------
without tenderness, we are in hell. -Adrienne Rich

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's more!

Boukoku Kakusei Catharsis - Ali Project
Love is a Number - White Rose Movement
Breathe - The Prodigy
I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts - Monty Python (it's a cover version, I'm not sure who the original is by)
I Love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett
Standing in the Way of Control - Gossip
Tom Cruise Crazy (cover on the ukelele) - sweetafton23 (is their youtube username, I don't know what their real name is)

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Idir
Activist
Member # 41176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
China Girl/10 Dollar - M.I.A.
Combat Rock - Sleater-Kinney
F.Y.R. - Le Tigre
Mariella - Kate Nash
Everything's Just Wonderful - Lily Allen

--------------------
I know there is an over the rainbow for me.

Posts: 84 | From: Algeria | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredVIP
Neophyte
Member # 39729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredVIP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Space - Sarah Buxton
Rockstar - Nickleback
Too Drunk - Buckcherry
Psychosocial - Slipknot
Before I Forget - Slipknot
Rape Me - Nirvana
Lithium - Nirvana
Heavy Metalurgy -X_PHACTOR™ OF MOTIVE EVENTS™ (house)
Xphilez Rigo Bertolli Remix - X_PHACTOR™ OF MOTIVE EVENTS™ (trance)
Gimme Three Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd

--------------------
ain't cha glad, that some thing's never change?

Posts: 4 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Venus in Furs - The Velvet Underground
Ulysses - Franz Ferdinand
Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
Endlessly - Muse
Fears of a Dying Atheist - Muse
Free Bird (full version) - Kou Otani (the opening theme to "Haibane Renmei", from the soundtrack)
The Seether - Veruca Salt
Volcano Girls - Veruca Salt
Dancing Star - Izumi Kobayashi (the second opening theme to "Urusei Yatsura")
Broken English - I don't who it's by, just that the whole song plays during one of the original japanese promos for Hellsing Ultimate which is on the u.k. DVD release.

--------------------

dundeedufc
Neophyte
Member # 39976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dundeedufc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Young Folks -- Peter, Bjorn & John
Hunting for Witches -- Bloc Party
The Scientist -- Coldplay
Girl and the Sea -- The Presets
Around the Bend -- The Asteroids Galaxy Tour

--------------------
"I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox."
Woody Allen

Posts: 39 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StrangePudding
Activist
Member # 40765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrangePudding     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of the stuff I listen to is fairly...not serious [Smile] I like having fun when I'm listening to music! Plus, I love dancing so a lot of it is stuff that I can dance to as well

Keeps Gettin' Better - Christina Aguilera (I don't like this that much - I don't think warning people that you're a b**** gives you the right to not correct your behavior. But for some reason it's always stuck in my head...)
Love Game - Lady Gaga (Again, don't like it, but can't get it to go away!)
Kill The Lights - Britney Spears
Bad Things - Jace Everett
Rehab - Amy Winehouse (this is surprisingly good to run to!)
Snap Yo Fingers - Lil Jon
Rock Me In - Britney Spears
In The Ayer - Flo-Rida
Love Song - Sara Bareilles

[ 01-30-2009, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: rosalinespork ]

Posts: 222 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.