Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What do you want to be??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you want to be??
bxLADIE
Activist
Member # 17091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bxLADIE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As some of you may kno it's "early colledge awareness week". well eventhough im a freshman in highschool i still pretty much have participated in this event and, i noticed i had no idea of what i want to be when i grow up!But....fortunatly i think i know what i want to be...A person who helps teenagers head in the right direction.

What about you have you ever gave it thought about it?What do you want to be?why?

------------------
~RaNsEs AnD sHeIla***

Posts: 67 | From: newyork | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I grow up, I want to be a history teacher. My BA will prepare me well, and so will my Teacher's Certification, which I should be well on my way to getting next year.

Teaching is such a wonderful thing.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icanthinkofaname
Activist
Member # 12481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icanthinkofaname     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna be a comedian. What should i take in college for that?
Posts: 95 | From: Look behind you..... | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thinkofaname, go into engineering. geeks have the best senses of humor. then write for your college humor paper here's my school's paper: http://www.squelched.com or there's the ever-famous http://www.theonion.com

What do i wanna be when I grow up? i'm still plodding my path into medical school. I'd like to be in internal medicine, or family medicine. for now, I'm in public health, and i'm going to be working at the LA County health dept. doing ST-style stuff.

------------------
Q ... E ... D ... bee-yatch!
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm studying to work in the funeral professin. I'd like to be a funeral director and/or embalmer. here is a list of what I have to take.

Why? I was always fascinated with mummification and ancient Egypt when I was a child, and as I grew up and read about the subject, the interest spread to all aspects of what happens to us after death, and I decided I want to be the person other people turn to when they're at their worst. Every time a friend or family member died, the thing that impressed me the most was the care and respect given to the deceased by the entire funeral home staff. I want to be the person that makes sure your loved ones are treated well after they're gone. It just really appeals to me to provide that sort of service to people.

blasted UBB code. Give me HTML or give me... something better!

[This message has been edited by Aria51 (edited 05-09-2004).]

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bxLADIE
Activist
Member # 17091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bxLADIE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I CAN THINK.........
this is for you i think if you want to be a comedian you would need sociology... because you deal with people... Thats good atleast somepeople think of there future....

Posts: 67 | From: newyork | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY FOR ONCE!!!!!

I have no idea what i want to do in my life and i wish i do cos its driving me nuts and i am getting old!!!!!

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenni_05:
its driving me nuts and i am getting old!!!!!

Sweetheart, we're all getting old. It's nothing to worry about, and nothing worth adding 5 exclamation points to. Just live your life and you'll do fine. It's the worrying that'll kill ya off young, you know.

------------------
BruinDan, "Code Four, Baby," PHOM

¡Siendo padrote no es cil!

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm ... Honestly, i don't really know yet.

I'm halfway done my Nursing degree. Where i'll go w/ that ... I don't quite know yet.

I might stay in Nursing or i might take on another few yrs of University and become a Midwife too.

If i stay in Nursing, i want to do OB/GYN or Neonatal/Pediatrics. The rest of it just isn't my 'cup of tea'.

(Aria - Good luck to ya with the funeral stuff ... Preparing bodies for the morgue really isn't my idea of fun. I cried for 3 days. Better you than me ...)

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 05-10-2004).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ohhh, don't ask that. I *just* finally decided on and declared some majors... let's not rush things.
Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BruinDan:
Just live your life and you'll do fine. It's the worrying that'll kill ya off young, you know.

THANKS BRUIN DAN. Your're right i gotta live my life and I know it. I gotta stop making up excuses!

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, no one gives words of inspiration, motivation, and all that good stuff like BruinDan. Beware, though, he's not as smooth as he sounds.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

Everything's been sold to others' revolutions

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Milke:
Beware, though, he's not as smooth as he sounds.

Ahhh, it's like the saying goes..."Don't believe the hype!"

------------------
BruinDan, "Code Four, Baby," PHOM

¡Siendo padrote no es cil!

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleOneUSN
Activist
Member # 17486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleOneUSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BEats Me?

I'm in the U.S. Navy right now, I don't know if I wanna make a career out of it or get out when my time is up and got to college. Or Just get married and follow my husband around and be a stay at home mom. I really dunno, I'm 2 young yet to decide.

Posts: 95 | From: Liverpool, NY | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nmcowgirl87
Activist
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nmcowgirl87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be a vet! Yay!!!

I've already got a rodeo scholarship to New Mexico State University for pre-vet, then I'm going to Colorado State University for vet school!

------------------
Ride it like you stole it!

Posts: 64 | From: Carlsbad, NM USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucylu458
Activist
Member # 15584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucylu458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just found this thread, so i'm going to say that i'm going to be a scientist in the fields of geneaology (the study of family backround...........i started a thread on that), genetics, maybe biology, and the field of chemistry that deals with the chemical elements (the symbol for Iron is Fe and the symbol for Tungsten is W...........how do u get W out of Tungsten!?). i don't know if i can be a scientist in ALL those fields, but i'll decide eventually which ones i want to study!

get this, my quote in the yearbook in 8th grade was "Let's Get Scientific!"

------------------
bye, have a nice life and yes, that is a threat.
-my BFF Jackie

Posts: 189 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, so many things to do, and so little time to do them...

Lets see...first stop: Woman's US Soccer Team (Goalie)

Second Stop: Lifelong Passion and somewhat-of-a-Career with horses

Third Stop: Marine Biologist

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lau-Saturnine
Activist
Member # 19052

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Lau-Saturnine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An art teacher and, do art Projects for Galleries on the side. What a dream.

Saturnine - Exhibitionism for the shy, what to say when you talk to yourself.

Posts: 129 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well i went through HS and first 2 years of university with a million changes of what career i wanted in life. First 2 years was like Social Worker. But i changed my mind in February. I decided to go with Women's Studies. Well my main goal was to get into university and graduate with a degree. I honestly don't have a definite clue of where i'm going after grad but i will either be doing a year of college in admin/business or taking certificate course in physical thearpist.

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger3
Neophyte
Member # 19365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to play basketball for a living. Hahaha it's pretty funny and farfetched but i would do anything to play basketball, i play every day in the middle of the night, i played basketball in 16 inches of snow this last winter. I am going to go to college and play basketball but if that falls through i want to be a phsyciatrist(no idea how to spell it right now haha)
Posts: 34 | From: Northfield,MN,U.S | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaitSeesRainbows
Neophyte
Member # 17069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaitSeesRainbows     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Currently the plan is to be in the Peace Corps. and then be a high school English teacher, writing YA fantasy on the side.

I've only recently warmed up to the teacher idea- but how freaking awesome would that be? I've loved my English teachers, and I love to read, and talk about reading.

But if I decide against that... Possibly a social worker, midwife or pediatrician or OB/GYN, and maybe even a public heath coodinator type person (Scarleteen made me think of it).

------------------

Posts: 24 | From: Oregon, US | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grandcannon
Neophyte
Member # 19714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grandcannon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I have to start choosing my career, I plan to be a proffessor(proffesor? professor?) at a small aiberal arts college in the D.C. I plan to teach history, then become a civil trial lawyer, then get on board as attorney general, then run for Supreme Court. I know thats very planned out, and it probably isn't going to work out that way, but hey, a man can dream right?

But figuratively, I want to be a martyr. I want to find a cause that I truly believe in, and then die for it. Maybe not physically "die" for it, but to give it all up for it. to put everything into it, even if that means giving up everything.

------------------
Love is the art of controling something that your not sure exists
-Gasseau

[This message has been edited by Grandcannon (edited 08-30-2004).]

Posts: 30 | From: Rockville, MD | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiyapeeps23
Activist
Member # 17908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiyapeeps23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I have a bunch of things I want to be.

I am very interested in sociology. My friend's mom would come home from school and read me her assignments and passages from books. It caught my attention and ever since I considered sociology as a major.

I also like photography. I have a 35mm camera that I got for Christmas and I always take pictures of random stuff and I enjoy myself a lot.

I also like literature. I love thinking deeply about something and picking it apart to find hidden messages within the writing. It's so much fun.

I have suddenly wanted to be a mechanic, also. I know NOTHING about cars, except where the transmission oil is (and that's just in my car). I don't even know where the blinker is...

And that's all I can think of right now. A bunch of interests, some that have nothing to do with eachother. So for now, tootles.

Posts: 118 | From: Where the shoobies roam... | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atticus Girl
Activist
Member # 13561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atticus Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most likely a journalist, and working for a magazine.
Posts: 105 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlet
Activist
Member # 20305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in college and still not sure what I want to be or what I want to do. All I know is that I want to do something that I enjoy.

------------------
.:*starlet

Posts: 131 | From: VA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lmp_jaxon
Neophyte
Member # 20516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lmp_jaxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i want to be a criminologist - of course, it would help if i could say the damn word, but yes that is what i want to do. I am currently taking Pyschology, Sociology, English and Media (the last one is just for fun lol!) So you people, dont go committing murders people - i'll get ua!
Posts: 22 | From: Surrey, London, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FadedRoses15
Neophyte
Member # 19993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FadedRoses15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to be an 9th grade English Teacher. Im going to go to University of Oklahoma, and graduate with a degree in English Education.
Posts: 32 | From: Oklahoma, United States | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faeryprinces
Activist
Member # 12405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faeryprinces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh geez, I've gone through a few different ideas of what I want to be when I grow up...

If I could choose a *dream* career, I'd be a make-up artist, hands down. I absolutely *love* makeup and everything about it, haha...

Growing up, I wanted to be any type of artist...i started looking at art schools when I was in 7th and 8th grade when my two older brothers where looking at colleges.

Then when I got into highschool and realized I couldnt do band, dance, AND art...and my brothers both changed from music majors to business majors in college after they realized it would be hard to make money, I decided I wanted to do Nutrition. I stuck with nutrition through my first 2 years of college...took many of the classes...

And then just two weeks ago, I decided I didnt want to be a Registered Dietician anymore(I'm in my third year of college, declared the Nutrition major and all). So I went to a career counselour at school (first time I had ever done this, I highly recommend it your FIRST year, not your third! haha). And now I'm in Penn State's Hotel Restaurant and Instition Management major. It's #2 in the country...and I'm still deciding just what I want to do with it....

[This message has been edited by Faeryprinces (edited 11-01-2004).]

Posts: 227 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrimsonCriminal
Activist
Member # 20650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrimsonCriminal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to be the next Trent Reznor!
Posts: 105 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.