Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Happy International Women's Day Everybody! :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy International Women's Day Everybody! :)
robbie
Neophyte
Member # 16619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scarleteen Community! Happy International Women's Day everybody.

I think that it would be a good idea to honour this occasion on our boards.

So, I'm asking everybody to relate their experiences of how special the women in our lives are and how much they mean to us.

I think that this can be a fun and interesting topic and am looking forward to reading your responses.

I'll start and you continue: I think that the most special woman in my life is my mom because she has made a lot of sacrifices for me and loves me a lot. She has also taught me how to respect other women and I will apply that to all of my girlfriends and female friends in my life.

Secondly, I am really thankful that I met my new friend Nicole recently because she was willing to listen to me and help me with my problems like no other girl ever before. She is one of the most smart, honest and lovable girls that I ever talked to and am honoured to call her a friend. I wish all the happiness in the world for her.

Now its your turn my fellow community members. Get at it.............

Posts: 3 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moving to It's All About You.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anahati
Activist
Member # 14729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anahati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy International Women's Day!

I had the honour of going to a potluck tonight to celebrate Women's Day with over 200 strong and beautiful people. It was beautiful - amazing food, speeches, spoken word poetry, a women's choir and a drumming circle. Beautiful.

There are so many strong women in my life. First off, my mother. She has survived so much - and continues to thrive, to love herself and to love me.
My women's studies professors - one from last term and one from this term - mean the world to me. They have taught me what it means to be a strong woman and how to keep of having faith in this painful world - and to keep fighting the good fight.
Ani DiFranco - I don't know the woman at all and don't profess to, but her words have helped me through pain, shone light into my life, and given me hope that I am not alone in dreaming and fighting for a better world.
All the friends I've had over the past seven years - they've helped me get through the worst my life could be and celebrated when I finally learned how to love myself again.
And finally (although I could go on for hours...!) I'd like to celebrate myself.

Happy Women's Day to all you out there - whatever sex/gender you find yourself to be.

------------------
when i look at you i squint / you are that beautiful. - ani D

Posts: 64 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.