Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » K, URGENT question regarding shoes. I repeat- UR-GENT!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: K, URGENT question regarding shoes. I repeat- UR-GENT!
Hot_1
Neophyte
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hot_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm starting school Monday, and we've been kinda behind schedule, so I just got my shoes today.(I'm a guy just so you guys know and don't get confused) Now, I can only wear shoes that are wides, and the only shoes that I could find where I went that were wides were New Balance. Now, they're like a brand on the same scale as like Nike and Addidas aren't they? Cause I'll be so pissed if they aren't. I don't mean to sound like superficial, but I did say I wanted to be stylish . Anyways, can someone please let me know. SOON. Thanks I'm as bad as girls when it comes to shoes.
Posts: 14 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm female. I care little for shoes.

However, if these shoes don't have the same panache as Nike, are you going to go barefoot? Cliche as it's going to sound, if the shoe fits, wear it, don't sacrifice comfort for flash.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF, WAOTA

This is the time to unite over the Revolution of the Pants

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot_1
Neophyte
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hot_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The shoes are comfortable, and I do like them, and I'm not really worried about the shoes, but I really need feedback on whether they are or not. ASAP, please.
Posts: 14 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh. They're shoes. But then again, when you have feet my size, there isn't room to pick and choose. Considering my snowboarding boots are 12 men's, and I'm only a 5' 7" girl.

Now, Nike and Adidas are made to be functional, and a bit absurd looking on occasion. Are your shoes functional?

If so, then don't sweat it. And think of all that money you saved that you can now donate to a wonderful charity (or website?).

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not to be shallow, but i really think you'll be fine. i have new balance shoes, and i think they're fairly hip. :-) a fashion-snob ex-boy i have also enjoys his grey newbies. but seriously, if you think they look ok, then they're probably fine. don't worry too much about the particular brand. i dunno how much you would have spent on adidas, but the new balance were prob just as expensive. don't worry about it.

anyway, i know it's hard and every little thing seems so important, but really, don't worry about it! no one will really care that much about your sneakers, i promise. relax!

em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PunkHagOiOi
Neophyte
Member # 14363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkHagOiOi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
psh just get dr marten boots, they are expensive but they last for years...mmm

------------------
"we can never have peace were constantly at war, a war against the system a war for what is right we'll play our music have our say we gotta fckin fight" ~ virus

Posts: 19 | From: colorado | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're not generally allowed in gym class, though.

It is always an option, of course, especially for those of us who are really concerned about being individuals, and not influenced by others' fashions and trends to stick to their credo and just not care about brands. Imagine what it might do to big business if we started buying products solely on their quality, usefulness to us, or ethical manufacture rather than brand names alone!

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF, WAOTA

This is the time to unite over the Revolution of the Pants

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, New Balance are on the same level as Adidas and Nike.

I'm not entirely sure of New Balance's ethics are, but I have been very satisfied with the shoes I've had of theirs. They have been extrodinarily comfortable and long lasting. I also am a huuuge fan of Dr. Martens.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.