Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » summer plans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: summer plans
Scribbled
Neophyte
Member # 8849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scribbled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are your plans for this summer?

I'm going to be a camp counselor at Concordia Language villages, the Spanish camp up north in Minnesota. Yay! Do any of you have experience as camp counselors?
This summer I am also going to Costa Rica with my friends, so I am pretty excited for school to finish.

I felt like bragging, but I'm curious about what other people are doing, too. Just working, taking a trip, hanging out...?

Posts: 17 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In case you haven't made plans, here are some ideas!
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000659.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000441.html

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't really have any plans for summer, except for that fact that I probably have to go to summer school... again unless theres still a work to rule (strike thingu) (bah! I hate english ) But other than that it's a free summer... I'll probably go to a cottage or two and actually I'm supposed to go camping with my best friend and her family in the summer for the long weekend which should be fun!

Can't wait till summer!

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been trying to get a job since i was in school but I can't find one. I would really like to have a job to make a little extra money for my car and extra finances.
Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have at least two weddings to attend -- maybe even my own if all the wedding disagreements continue and we decide to elope. hehe.

I'm moving into an apartment with my fiance and my son. I'm trying to get a job and gather all the whatnot we'll need. I was supposed to vacation in Wisconsin and Minnesota this summer, but time and money are just too prescious to spare.

Oh, and my son's turning three. Three!

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That reminds me, I need to RSVP to a wedding invitation, in the negative, unfortunately. I'll be trying to make my collection of material things a bit smaller, and, oh, I don't know, probably screwing around with C++ again. That's a pretty safe bet.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF

I still love you, oh, I still love you
...Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm leaving town for a week to go to Arizona.

I will be working and possible taking on a second job, thats if I decide not to volunteer at Planned Parenthood.

Thats pretty much it. Oh and saving up for some wheels...

------------------
~Jay
"I am the sum of my parts and infinitely more so. The hum of my brain, the curve of my torso. The spark of my wit, the depth of my heart. Size is no measure in such a work of art" (from a Hanes Her Way ad)

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going to Illinois with one of my best friends to visit her family for about a week. Going to Wisconsin to visit MY family for about 3 weeks. Taking driver's education. Birthday. Other family. Family's visiting for a few weeks. Not to mention hanging with my friends and THEIR parties! I LOVE summer!

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 05-16-2003).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This summer, I plan on traveling and partying hard. I'm moving from California (where I've lived since I was an infant, even if my birth certificate says Pennsylvania) to Washington, DC. I'm leaving the Bay Area in a few weeks and staying with my parents. but i'll try to not be home much because I hate the town where i grew up. I want to visit the beach and hang out with friends in other cities.

A buddy of mine in San Diego is marrying. My friends and I are gonna go crash the wedding. There's fiesta in Santa Barbara -- I love that city and I want to visit. And I want see my buddies in LA (namely BruinDan and his dorm neighbor, who used to be my roommate at a summer program we attended at UC Santa Barbara). I want to soak up California before i have to leave it. I'm nervous about moving to the east coast.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait for summer! In June i'm going on a tour with my choir to Norway and Estonia....that should be very exciting. We're gonna ride up and down those fjords. When i get back, i'll practice my guitar and piano, and perhaps take some time and learn Italian and Bosnian. I wish i could find a class to take. Then in late July i'm going to New Jersey to visit the relatives, and probably spend a few days in New York City....my favorite place . Yep this summer will be good, but it'll go by too fast!

btw, Scribbled, i went to the German language camp up in Bemidji a few years ago! It was a blast.

------------------
"Neither a lofty imagination, nor intelligence is the source of genius. Love, love, that is the source of genius." ~W.A. Mozart

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xfireflystarex
Neophyte
Member # 13030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xfireflystarex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I plan on going to a lot of concerts and hanging out with all of my friends, especially my boyfriend.

[This message has been edited by xfireflystarex (edited 05-20-2003).]

Posts: 10 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be working, and getting to my moms house and boyfriend's house when my schedule allows it.

I work at a chicken restaurant by the way ... as a takeout girl. Oh joy.

But i'm going to be a second yr nursing student in the fall, so ... it's not like i'll be wasting all the money i'm making (min wage ... *grumble grumble*)

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Summer- can there be any more idyllic period of existance?

As for me, my exams finally finish on June 17th! Yayyyy! *Thanks whatever deity is listening and shouts for joy*
After that I'm free as a bird, and I'm going to spend the whole summer doing precisely what I feel like at the moment I feel like doing it.

Posts: 123 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreveryoung
Activist
Member # 7990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreveryoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait till summer!!!
The day I get out of school I'm going to Disney World for two weeks. That should be a blast. I'm going with some of my really close friends. After that i'll get to go home for the first time in a long while. I'm actually gonna see my mommy! YAY

Then its off to the beach with more friends.
Oh, and then back to school soccer practice after that.
During practice weeks I get to stay in my new house for a week as well. I'll get to know the people living there with me. I guess i have a pretty full summer, and i can't wait! All I have to do is my finals before school ends.. darn..

Posts: 87 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sachie
Activist
Member # 9895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sachie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
um... i don't really know yet. i want to get a job, and i want to hang out with my friends and girlfriend. i've been invited to go to minnesota to see my aunt, uncle, and little cousins so i might do that too. no plans really.

------------------
libido ergo sum.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blue_gal
Neophyte
Member # 12550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue_gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this sumer i wanted to do camp america, teach children sports on them. I got the job, but couldnt fly out on the date that they needed me cos i dont finish college till late june and they needed me may 31st-(that reminds me i would have been flying out yesterday ) anyways theres always next year!
SO what i do have planned for this summer is i'm flyin over to SLC to stay with a friend for a few weeks 2 days after i finish college (i study sports), then coming home- find a job for a few months, then flying back out with my family to the US for a holiday.
I'm taking a year outta uni to earn some money and travel a bit- then next september i'm hopfully going to Leeds University to do a degree in sports science or leisure management- aint decided which one yet.
Tis all fun fun- even tho i am still a bit gutted about camp america tho was a chance in a life time cos i really love teaching kids

Posts: 35 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darkspawn
Neophyte
Member # 10121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkspawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have no clue wat im going to do this summer. im probably going to get a job and save up for a new skate board. and lplay on my playstation at home or skate around on my spare time. i really have no life outside of school. .

Posts: 8 | From: noweresville,usa | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.