Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Video games, anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Video games, anyone?
ViceFangirl
Neophyte
Member # 12531

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ViceFangirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see TV shows, comics, anime/manga. But no games?! I'll just have to change that...

My favorites are:

King of Fighters [Mmm...Vanessa, Mature, Vice, Blue Mary, Shermie, Iori, K', and King. I absolutely despise Kyo though]
Capcom Crossovers [Marvel Vs Capcom had it the best with their 1st and last female announcer and Strider Hiryu. Yum-ness]
Maniac Mansion[Awesome music and most of the kids look adorable]

But ask me to play Dance Dance Revolution and I'll drop in a second...

------------------
---
"I say goodbye to you now, but I say it with a smile..."-Vice, King of Fighters
"Grrr..."-Scary Monkey, Invader Zim

Posts: 8 | From: San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I love all the Mario type games.. hehe I LOVE Mario Party (all of them!) I just played the 4th one for the first time tonight!

I also like Grand Theft Auto 4 Vice City for PS2, and this game Snowboard Kids for N64, also James Bond, and Mario Kart! lol, I like all the kiddie games.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eternal Darkness.
Anything in the Zelda series. (I've spent large chunks of the past two weeks or so playing WindWaker)
Mortal Kombat.
Super Monkey Ball I and II
and... *blush* Animal Crossing.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sorrow of wind bird sky
Neophyte
Member # 12191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sorrow of wind bird sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do computer games also count? If they do, then... wow, I will need a long time to list all of the games down... My gracious~~~

-Breath of Fire: 2, 3, 4 (ohhh, transforming into dragon!!!)
-Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6 (lovely~~~ it certain changes a lot when the PS comes out...)
-Super Robot War~~~ (though I don't understand Japanese, when I see my favor characters, I feel heat in my palm )
-Legend of Mana (hehe, my cuties' fight, go pup~)
-Soul of Samurai 4 (so good, I always kill myself before fighting ~~~ the custom of Samurai!!!)
-Gundam History (char char char <Japan 70s rock and roll began> )

-There are several other games that are in Japanese, but because I don't understand what they say, they are not my favors~~~

------------------
Illusions & Dreams...
A wish comes true is certainly a great thing; but, will you still own a dream, or crave for unnecessary luxury....
Only you have thou own answer....

Posts: 35 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know there used to be a thread on video games, but I guess it got lost last time we cleaned the boards.

And Sorrow, Japanese rock and roll existed in the sixties, and was referred to as eleki (electric). Just thought you might like to know.

My favourite video game system is the Intellivision, which is now about 24 years old, so it predates me, and is pretty primitive (though it is in colour, and has some sound), but was the first system I knew, and still much beloved. I was just trying to set one up in my room, but couldn't figure out how to use the Commodore monitor as a TV. Actually, most of what I like is from the early nineties or before. There's just something so cool about emerging technology, and what people first figured out that they could do with it.
/retrogeeky

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF

I still love you, oh, I still love you
...Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, a girl after my own heart. I have an Intellivision hooked up next to my Gamecube. My favorite Intellivision game would have to be Space Spartans with the Intellivoice -- there's nothing better than an electronic roboty voice getting all choked up and saying "The battle... is.. o-ver..."
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Oh OH! I love videogames! I like playing Grand Theft Auto and Def Jam Vendetta! Great games!

But lets not forget the classics:
-Super Mario Brothers
-Super Mario Brothers 2
-Super Mario Brothers 3
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Pac Man
-Mortal Kombat
-and Pong (which i believe was on ATARI?)

------------------
~*The best type of love to start with is loving yourself before you can ever love anyone else*~

~*Shannon*~

[This message has been edited by Shann2002 (edited 05-05-2003).]

Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ViceFan, BOOYAH! I **LOVE** DDR! 4th mix is probably my fave, but i'm starting to like DDRMax. http://www.ddrfreak.com check it out

A friend of mine just got me hooked on Amplitude for PS2. Oh man, it's sweeeeeeeeeet!

I also play the Sims a bit. You Don't Know Jack was a fave of mine for a while -- it was made by Berkeley ppl. And Simpsons Road Rage. If only I had a real job that paid, I'd SOOOOOO buy a PS2.

------------------
Mmm ... crispy, delicious bacon.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more about The Sims http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000780.html

------------------
Mmm ... crispy, delicious bacon.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhh.. video games.. i love Grand Auto Theft, and the Sims.

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 10 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spyro the dragon 1 2 and 3 on regular playstation but not 4 on ps2. The graphics are......chunky and makes me motion sick trying to play. For Atari the game pitfall, i could play it for hours

------------------
"Only the foolish would fear Foxfire."
Kolbrun; Juniper order

Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Video games? H'mm.....
Never been a big fan of video games, but recently I have become addicted to the Dance mat games- you know, dance on the mat instead of playing on the console?
Sooo much fun, and a great way to lose those extra pounds!

(Do I sound like a walking advert? Sorry!)

Posts: 123 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raziel
Neophyte
Member # 12645

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Raziel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it all started with a super nintendo at christmas, now its a monster. Mario Bros., Castlevania, Legacy of Kain, DOOM, Twisted Metal, Gran Turismo, Mechwarrior, Time Crisis, Tetris, and many more. Then that started my anime obsession ragonball, DBZ, Dragonball GT, Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam X, G-Gundam, Blue Submarine #6, Outlaw Star, and also Sailor-Moon. The Japanese have done alot to keep us buying all this stuff. The wallet is dry, but i have lots of entertainment!

------------------
When the two reavers come together, a paradox is created as history tries to reshuffle itself and find the path of least resistance ...

Posts: 3 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.