Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » what are your old comfort things?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what are your old comfort things?!
nifty
Activist
Member # 11254

Icon 10 posted      Profile for nifty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
comfort toys!!! hurrah for them right? what are yours? blankets, teddies, etc etc...
what are their names and do they have a cool story? just interested - everyones a kid at heart right?

i had 2.
a teddy and a dog.

so what were yours? hee hee

Posts: 52 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Blankey. It was white once, I swear. That thing is so old that it has turned a lovely shade of grey. But it still has it's silk.

It's older than I am.

My Grampa gave me a teddy bear when I turned one. It's old, flat, and threadbare. Behold, the price of a child's love.

------------------
Where did your Christ come from?! From God and a Woman! Man had nothing to do with him!
--Sojourner Truth

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a stuffed dog. black lab. ive had him since i was 2. hes been through alot. hes always there for me. when im sick, or sad.
Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark_Wolf
Neophyte
Member # 10024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dark_Wolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a toy monkey. it was a soft toy called mongo. I took him EVERYWHERE with me. My grandad gave him to me and I still take him to camping or sleepovers with me to help me sleep. *blush*
*Dark_Wolf*

Posts: 37 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreveryoung
Activist
Member # 7990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreveryoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a blanket, i guess i have had it since i was born, i don't ever remmember not having it. It's all yellow, and still soft...Well maybe its not exactly yellow anymore, but close....

[This message has been edited by foreveryoung (edited 02-22-2003).]

Posts: 87 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 2 comfort objects:

My blanket I've had from about 7 or 8 years ago. It's baby blue and soft.

Then, my stuffed duck. It's huge, and yellow, it has to be on my bed when I am. Ive had that for about 5 years.

Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ummm...I have a couple comfort things:

My dog, BUBBA, I've had him since I was 8 and he is big and furry, nice to sleep with when scared of the monsters in the closet

My teddy bear, Berry, I stole him from a church when I was 4. Actually I didn't steal it, I just didn't give the day care lady the choice, I was holding on for it for dear life! Now it's in my nieces possesion sitting at her tea party table.

My scrap book/journal thingie. I made at for a project in psychology as how I define myself. It started off that way but after I got it back I justa added and added and added now it cosist of 3 mead composition books with cut outs, pictures, quotes, thoughts, etc. in them with a overstretched rubberband wrapped around them to keep all 3 together. And I take it everywhere with me...can't leave home with out it

------------------
~Jay
"I am the sum of my parts and infinitely more so. The hum of my brain, the curve of my torso. The spark of my wit, the depth of my heart. Size is no measure in such a work of art" (from a Hanes Her Way ad)

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.