Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Valentines Day!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Valentines Day!
VikingWizardEyes
Neophyte
Member # 11628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VikingWizardEyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone! Valentines day is just around the corner and i got a question:

What messages are printed on those heart candies? I have a idea for a cool gift, but if anyone can help me out with that haha thatd be rad! Thanks!

------------------
later days

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bleah, those things taste like chalk!

my friend brought some over and we found:

Book Club
Write Me
Call Me
Be Mine
Love Her
Love Him
Love You
Hug Me
You're Cute

and that's all i can remember right now.

I'm gonna divulge a tip from this month's Gourmet Magazine (because i'm sure with your subscriptions to Teen People and all, you have little time to read Gourmet).

Buy a roll or two of Necco Wafers
Get some rubber alphabet stamps
Get some red food coloring

Make an ink pad out of a paper towel and a dish by placing the paper in the dish and pouring a bit of red food coloring on it. Dip the stamp in the ink. Stamp the Necco Wafer with a letter. Arrange the wafers on something to spell out a message. i think arranging them on a cookie would be a sweet Valentine

------------------
According to the experts, I am some species of badass.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Email Me
Fax Me
Sweet Talk
Marry Me
Kiss Me
True Love
Be True
Be Good

Go here and make one or check out some Valentine fun.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VikingWizardEyes
Neophyte
Member # 11628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VikingWizardEyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey that cookie idea is rad!! Can you explain how to do the stamp again tho...im a little confused.

Thanks!

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moving to It's All About You.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cookies are a fabulous idea actually. I just purchased one of those cookie kits (I live in a dorm, so "from scratch" is a bit more than I can manage with my current baking impliments/ingredients/facilities). For just $5.99, I can make, frost, and decorate 3 dozen cookies. The frosting, decoration and everything is right in the box! Talk about convienent. I know that actual homemade-from scratch cookies would be better, but this is pretty good, and it fits within my means.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Via janedoe101:
If you have a special someone out there, what are you getting/making them? Any creative suggestions on what to give/make someone else? Also, any interesting/funny gifts recieved in the past? What is the best present you ever got for Valentines day?

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

I haven't decided what I'm getting my partner this Valentines Day. Our anniversary is exactly a week before Valentines, so that makes it a bit difficult...two presents within two weeks. I think the best present I've ever gotten was the roses he sent me for our first Valentines Day...it was a complete suprise, which is what made it so special to me.

The only present I've constructed so far this year is a box of Valentines stuff I'm sending to my sister. I got her a cute stuffed animal, a Hello Kitty cup, and a little t-shirt that I think she'll like. I'm a big fan of random boxes of stuff as presents. It's fun, you just shop for anything at all that you think that person will like. None of it has to be expensive, there should just be alot of stuff!

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like the kinda thing I do for gifts, especially those secret santa things, where you don't know the person that well.

I go out with thirty bucks to the dollar store (which they have awesome stuff at) and get whatever it cute and nifty. Usually Candles, mugs, candle holders, journals...blah blah blah.I put it all in a hat box with a personal note, wrap it in saran wrap and voila you got a awesome gift basket thingie!

I can't say what I am getting for my special someone because I don't have a special someone...YET, I'm chipping away at him though

------------------
~Jay
"I am the sum of my parts and infinitely more so. The hum of my brain, the curve of my torso. The spark of my wit, the depth of my heart. Size is no measure in such a work of art" (from a Hanes Her Way ad)

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janedoe101
Activist
Member # 11340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janedoe101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love the idea of picking random gifts associated with the person you are buying for. How much would you say is the right amount to spend on a significant other? Does it matter how long you have been dating? I think at first you spend very little, as months progress, more, then after a long time...maybe less...my parents just buy a card now...but me I am shopping recklessly for my boy! Do any of you exchange gifts with your friends?
Posts: 92 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by VikingWizardEyes:
Hey that cookie idea is rad!! Can you explain how to do the stamp again tho...im a little confused.

I was really confused when I read it too, but I think I got it now (Gumdrop: correct me if I'm wrong ).

Get a plate. Any plate. Put a paper towel in it. Pour some food coloring in it so that the towel can absorb the stuff, leaving some left behind. Now put the stamp in the ink, then put the stamp on the wafer. Now arrange the cookies in some way so that they spell something. Is that right?

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Get a litle cheap box (or make one yourself out of a shoebox or a tissue box) and go to Walmart with $15 or so and buy lots of random knick-knacks. Maybe wrap them if you want to put a lot of time into it, and it's nice and special for your someone.
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by janedoe101:
How much would you say is the right amount to spend on a significant other? Does it matter how long you have been dating? I think at first you spend very little, as months progress, more, then after a long time...maybe less...my parents just buy a card now...but me I am shopping recklessly for my boy! Do any of you exchange gifts with your friends?

Money doesn't matter, IMO. The best gift I got was or in thought actually. My best friend couldn't afford a v-day gift for me so he told me what he would of got me if he could of: a box of chocolates with a not attached saying "You think your overweight, I don't, there is a reason why they are called LOVE handles."

Thats my boy right there, I taught him well

Really, it's the thought that counts, flower wilt, chocolate gets ate, that card finds it way into your memory box, but the memories last for ever. ( Sounds like a Hallmark card, doens't it? )

------------------
~Jay
"I am the sum of my parts and infinitely more so. The hum of my brain, the curve of my torso. The spark of my wit, the depth of my heart. Size is no measure in such a work of art" (from a Hanes Her Way ad)

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daydreamer, the towel should be folded to a few thicknesses, and have the food colouring dripped on it. The stamp's then dipped on to the paper, much like stamp pads you can buy. Dig?

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

But now is a chance to shine
And have the pleasure of saying what you mean
Have the pleasure of meaning what you sing

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yup, milke's got the right idea. but make sure your paper towel has soaked up enough red food coloring so that the stamp works.

as for the cookie part, bake a big cookie (you can buy those Pillsbury giant chocolate chip cookies in your grocer's dairy case). Take the letter-stamped wafers. Get some icing. Stick the letter-stamped wafers onto the cookie using a dab of icing like glue. Spell out a nice message. Present the cookie to the object of your affection. Share the cookie. Kiss. Live happily ever after

------------------
According to the experts, I am some species of badass.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nifty
Activist
Member # 11254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nifty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
he he i like the cookie fairy tale!!!

Posts: 52 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
short on ideas? V-day is coming sooN!

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I already got my present: a car!

My boyfriend and I have a tradition where we go to stores in the days after Valentines Day, Halloween and Easter and buy out a TON of candy at 50-75% off. And I mean we get a TON. It's just more fun than buying one or two things for each other, and if you go to the right places it can be really cheap. Our favorite is Walgreens, they mark their stuff way down. And then we go home and put it in bowls and make it all pretty.

(after writing that I feel like it sounds pretty lame, but we actually have quite a bit of funny doing it. maybe we're just total nerds)

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do the SAME THING Alice!! I bought two big boxes of chocolate after Hallowe'en ($10!!) and we're still eating it!

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me three! This year I got my wisdom teeth removed a week before Valentine's Day, and both my fiance and I are pretty broke (and don't really buy into the V-day hooplah anyway) so we'll be 'celebrating' with discount candy the day I get the okay to eat chocolate again.

Mm, can't wait.

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NervousFreak
Neophyte
Member # 32524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NervousFreak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made fortune cookies for my significant other, and instead of fortunes put reasons why I love him, but he came home early and busted me, so he got them early. Then I tried to surprise him again by making him a sock monkey, but yet again got caught in the act, so no more surprises for him [Frown]

hopefully he doesn't find the handmade card I spent hours on or I may have to give up on valentine's day presents all together *laughs crazily*

--------------------
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Posts: 14 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only been with my new bloke a couple of days so we haven't done gifts. But he did the sweetest thing for me. He didnt (and evidently still doesnt) know my post code but he still posted me a valentines card, which no one has ever done for me before. He got the wrong post code but it arrived and it has made me all smily and happy all day. Especially as he's away with his family right now. So despite him not being here he's still done the sweetest thing ever for me.
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.