Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What to do

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to do
mini_minx
Activist
Member # 11076

Icon 4 posted      Profile for mini_minx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My new years resolution this year was to shed my excess weight and become fitter and more healthy. Yesterday i boguht an exercise video, which uses dancing as a way of keeping fit. The video is really fun to do but unfortunatley it involves a lot of jumping up and down.
I took it up to my bedroom to do it there becaue i felt self concecious (sp?) about doing it in front of my family. As soon as i started my mother came upstairs to see what on earth i was doing and told me if i was going to do that i had to do it downstairs because it was so noisy, and she was worried the ceiling was caving in.
Now there are two video players downstairs which i could use but neither one of them is ever free because someone else is always using them.
The only place i can do this in private is in my room, but my mum won't let me do it there.
Any suggestions as to waht i could do?

Posts: 88 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
britt0285
Activist
Member # 11036

Icon 7 posted      Profile for britt0285     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have to do it downstairs maybe you could ask a friend to do it with you. I feel a lot less self concious if someone is doing it with me. And don't be embarassed about trying to workout in front of your family.
I took at step class at ballys once and I looked like a total idiot, I went with my best friend so it wasn't too bad. I always ended up facing the wrong direction and going the wrong direction and always being a step behind but thats what made it so much fun because I was able to laugh at myself and realize that yes I looked silly but I didn't care.
If you do it with someone who is a good friend or you could even ask your mom, you will fell alot better about doing it infront of people because you won't be alone. At least that is how I feel more comfortable doing things.

Posts: 87 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.