Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Band Geeks!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Band Geeks!
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another thread inspired me to put this up. Where are you, fellow band geeks?!? Drill team, colorguard, drumline, majorettes, too!

Instrument: mallet percussion, auxiliary
Chair number/section rank section leader
Number of years in band: two
Class/Band size Class C 65 members incl. colorguard
Band name and colors Wildcat Marching Band, blue and gold
Do you compete? If yes, what is/was your favorite competition, parade, review, exhibition, showcase, etc.? yes, Granada Hills or West High
Can you finish this sentence: "This one time at band camp..." yes, but mind you, i played the xylophone...
Fondest or Weirdest band memory that time during section practice when i hijacked a small John Deere custodial vehicle and went joy riding. model students never get in trouble

------------------
Don't be coward like shrimp, be brave like PRAWN!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Instrument: trumpet 2yrs, alto sax 2yrs
Chair number/section rank section: Leader for trumpet, leader for sax 2nd yr
Number of years in band: 4
Class/Band size: I really couldn't tell ya ... ?? For trumpet it was a middle school band that was sort of like a music class but also included after school time, and alto sax was when i was in high school and it was the same sort of deal.
Band name and colors: We didn't have a name ... School colours ranged from blue and green and yellow to red and black (eeeew)
Do you compete? ... favorite competition, parade, review, exhibition, showcase, etc.?: We competed other schools in Kiwanis ... our school always finished first, even tho our instructors swore up and down we'd come in last ... hmph
Can you finish this sentence: "This one time at band camp..." I never got to go to band camp
Fondest or Weirdest band memory: We had a supply teacher (yes, it was actually a class ... but like i said, it was also extra curricular), so i got to instruct the warm up. No one was listening to me b/c they were doing their own warmups, so i took the conductor stick thingy and started banging the music stand. It broke (the stick)! All of a sudden i had everyones attention ... And the teacher wasn't too pleased about his broken stick thing when he got back, either

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 12-28-2002).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Instrument: Oboe, mostly, alto clarinet, which is one of the funny looking ones. That's really pretty dorky
Chair number/section rank We never had official titles, there were only three of us. I was the one who sulked the least, though.
Number of years in band: Four
Class/Band size From 30-50
Band name and colors No name, red, blue, and gold. We WERE really proud of having three colours. But why?
Do you compete? If yes, what is/was your favorite competition, parade, review, exhibition, showcase, etc.? We did Kiwanis and the like, but I can't remember now.
Can you finish this sentence: "This one time at band camp..." The year I went to band camp was the same year American Pie came out. That was NOT good timing.
Fondest or Weirdest band memory Being banned from having a Music Council Secret Santa exchange after someone was given edible underwear, one of the guys almost being blinded during a fund raising meeting when our teacher managed to nail him in the eye with a mini chocolate bar, and getting one bounced off my boobs not too long after (No, he wasn't evil or a lech, the guy just had lousy aim, but still liked tossing things to people). Gee, those are some pretty mediocre memories.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Where are my goddamned pants?
BD,SA

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Instrument: viola
Chair Number: back of the house grade 9, principal grade 13.
number of years in orchestra: 5
Orchestra Size: 40-60 depending on year
Orchestra Name and colours: Burnhamthorpe Collegiate Symphony Orchestra, black and white
Did you compete? Kiwanis festivals. 2nd prize first year. After that always beaten by North Toronto or Lawrence Park orchestras (they had better string players)
Did not attend orchestra camp.
Weirdest Orchestra Memory: being principal in an all-Etobicoke string orchestra and having to play the lead solo in a Bach fugue.

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 12-29-2002).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OmnipotentLover
Neophyte
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OmnipotentLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Insturment: flute
Chair Number/ Section Rank: 1
Number of years in band: 3
Class: AAAAA (5A)
Band size:300 including color gaurd (estimate)
Band Name and Colors? Cedar Park High School Timberwolf Band. Green. black and silver
Do You Compete? in marching season and concert season. My favorite competition has got to be UIL State Marching Competion.[/b] :-) nothing beats it.
Can you finish this sentence: "This one time at band camp..." yah....okay okay so i play the flute.....doesn't mean that i...uh...uhh.....next question
Fondest or Weirdest band memory: Fondest would have to be winning the state 4A marching championship last year. yah....it was kewl. we kicked some major hoohoos. it was way too garoovy. weirdest memory would have to be getting told by a chaperone to "cool it" while making out with my boyfriend on a bus ride.

my boyfriend plays the euphonium. i am the deffinition of band geekiness. i've fallen in love with a fellow band nerd, so all is gravy baby

(edited because i can't use UBB codes worth zilch)

------------------
what if my star is not to come? will my dreams fade to nothing? when the horizon darkens most...we all need to believe there is hope!!

[This message has been edited by OmnipotentLover (edited 12-29-2002).]

Posts: 33 | From: A place where dreams end | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Insturment: alto saxaphone (1 of the only girls,cool!)
Chair Number/ Section Rank: havent had chair tests in ages! cant say!
Band size:around 90 in my class. but theyre are other classes.
Band Name and Colors? colors~red,white,black. name~school name band. yeah cant tell, then youll know where i live!
Do You Compete? we go to UIL solo and ensemble, and UIL as a band.
Can you finish this sentence: "This one time at band camp..." we always tease my flute playing friend who went to band camp... yeah good times!

Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eazily_amuzed
Neophyte
Member # 10427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eazily_amuzed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Instrument: Tenor Sax! YEA!
Chair Number/ Section Rank: 1st Chair (Leader)
Class/Band size: Theres about 65 people...But thats not including the highschool...Just junior high.
Band Name and Colors? Forest Park Junior High Band. Our colors are red and black.
Do You Compete? I haven't yet but I will be in about a month....*deep breaths* lol
Can you finish this sentence: "This one time at band camp..." lol well I play the Tenor Sax....sooo...ya know...Ouch.
Fondest or Weirdest band memory: Ohhh wow...Our band instructor is great and I have many! But it'd have to be last year in our last concert of the year when we all gave him flowers and a quilt (sp?). On the quilt all the people in the band got a square to write something...And everyone was crying cause it was just sweet...Then he came to us and just smiled and said "Let's have some fun"...The end of the concert was great needless to say!

Posts: 6 | From: *Don't Blink Or You'll Miss It*, Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.