Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Near death experiences

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Near death experiences
foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 5 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have any of you had a near death experience?
Did you change in anyway because of it? I was very very lucky today I was not thinking clearly and a can of rubber cement glue almost exploded in my face. I don't think I would have necessarily died because of it but I swear that I will never ever do that again. What are some of your experiences? I'm really curious

------------------
"Only the foolish would fear Foxfire."
Kolbrun; Juniper order

Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holyrockhardnipplesbatman
Neophyte
Member # 8994

Icon 10 posted      Profile for holyrockhardnipplesbatman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes i have, i was burning stuff and my fire in my fire pit went out and i put like 1/4 a gallon of karseen in the pit and i thot that it would burn like oil not thinking and i was standing really close to it and through a match on it and 20 foot flames flow in my face. i lost my eye brows and lashes. i now no for a fact that its not at all like oil and i dont use as much no more
Posts: 6 | From: Brinnon Wa | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did....

I nearly died from asthma the day after my 18th birthday this summer. I seriously thought I wasn't going to make it, and apparently so did a lot of other people. I tried though!

It still hasn't persuaded me to take my meds, although it did for a few days. Mostly now though, I know how much people really do love me.

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 8994

Icon 8 posted      Profile for holyrockhardnipplesbatman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i accidently lit my g/f on fire (well it was her pants) and i figured that she was going to kill me. so i stoped liteing her on fire with flames.
Posts: 6 | From: Brinnon Wa | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
analynn
Neophyte
Member # 10299

Icon 7 posted      Profile for analynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i fell asleep driving back to campus last november..and i hit some barricades..then woke up, swerved and went off the road completely..and down a steep incline..
i remember hitting the ground and having glass in my mouth and thinking.."i can feel the glass..i must still be alive," which made me realize that i should put on the brakes before i drove into the fence post hehe. But anyhow, i climbed out my window without a scratch..and its a miracle i'm alive i think. Had i not swerved, i would have hit a lot of equipment...and yeah. I just feel very lucky..And even though its been almost a year now, i still think of how lucky i am to be alive. I think it changed my life, because I was more aware of the possibility of not having it...and it just really made a change in the way i live.

Posts: 5 | From: killeen,tx, usa | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by holyrockhardnipplesbatman:
i accidently lit my g/f on fire (well it was her pants) and i figured that she was going to kill me. so i stoped liteing her on fire with flames.

Whoa, I hope you're not doing this on purpose....

------------------
"I was in London meeting Milly for lunch when a big wind swept both of our skirts up. I noticed how cute her black underwear was until I remembered that Milly didn't wear underwear..."

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 10 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL
He really didn't do it on purpose... i dont think. We were waiting in the car for his mom to get back, (it was the 4th of July) and he was flicking a lighter. I got these really cute capri's with fringe on the ends and well POOF! He put out the flames real quick though, and apologized alot.

------------------
"Only the foolish would fear Foxfire."
Kolbrun; Juniper order

Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by foxfire:
He put out the flames real quick though, and apologized alot.

Heehee, I think from now on we'll keep mister holyrockhardnipplesbatman away from open flame.

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three"

"Battery Stolen; Youth Charged"

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was very little (less than 1 I think) I was playing near a glass door at my grandma's house. My pushchair was near the door and I was trying to pull myself up using the handle. Anyway, I fell backwards right through the glass and a huge sheet of glass almost fell on me. I was very lucky not to have been seriously hurt or killed, but now all I've got is a zigzag scar (looks like Harry Potter's scar, except mine is on my hand
*Badger*

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 8994

Icon 7 posted      Profile for holyrockhardnipplesbatman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and this other time me and my friend were playing with butahne in these little spraypaint type cans. well we were puting it in a little container and i told him to light the ground on fire (the butahn was dripping) and he lit the can, it all went up at once and it was the first time i have ever had a big flame in my face and not lost any hair!
Me

~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i have been dead before. i was born dead. when i tell people they dont believe me. then one summer i got bit by a spider and had a red line going up my arm. then i was driving on the river bar having no idea what i was doing and almost crashed into the water. im in sure ive almost died a few more times.

------------------
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son's birth was extremely hard on both of us -- I bled too much and he was in distress -- and according to those who were there, had we not been in a hospital anyway, neither of us would have survived. He was born with a very slow heartbeat, and that was it -- no breathing, blue, limp. The thought of him dying haunts me more than the thought that I could have died. My life will be perfect if I never, ever have to go through anything like that again.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.