Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What is YOUR fetish?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is YOUR fetish?
Caramel Apple Pop
Activist
Member # 8475

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Caramel Apple Pop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are you obsessed with?

I have a big lipgloss and shampoo obsession. If you look under my sink in my bathroom, you'll see about 10 bottles of shampoo and conditioner that are half full. I've always had this thing with soft, nice smelling hair, so thats what I look for in a shampoo. And if you would look in my make-up bag you would find 20 lipglosses. I'm not sure why I like lipgloss so much I just...do.

How about you?

**edited because I found out what a fetish truly is***
------------------
If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all ok... And not to worry because worry is wasteful
and useless in times like these... I will not be made useless I won't be idled with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
for light does the darkness most fear

Beth

[This message has been edited by Caramel Apple Pop (edited 10-01-2002).]

Posts: 98 | From: A world of wonder, where war never disturbes peace, and the sun never gets consumed by the shadows... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blue eyes!
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My OBSESSION (not fetish, te-he ) is Tenis Shoes. I have like 5 pair! and I always see pairs I like.

[This message has been edited by ~You*Know*Who~ (edited 10-05-2002).]

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WinterMoon
Neophyte
Member # 9885

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WinterMoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple of big fetishes.
I LOVE eyeliner. If I could afford to, I would have thousands of eyeliners, but for the moment I only have one liquid and two pencil. I just love the dramatic effect it gives.
I also love pointe shoes. I guess because I am a dancer, whenever a new kind of pointe shoe comes out, I save up the money to buy them. So many of them I've never worn in classes because they fit wrong, but they're just so pretty.

------------------
Mayor Quimby: Congratulations Ned, you are our new town crier. May your shrill, nasal voice ring throughout our streets and brains.
Ned Flanders: Thankily-dank, Mayor, I shan't disappoint. Har ye, har ye! I declare myself pinkled tink about Springfield's Bicen-cidilly-ti-ten-toodly-rin-tin-tennial Day!
Homer: You suck-diddily-uck, Flanders! Gimme that!
[Grabs the bell from him]
Homer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Ye olde town crier proclaimed crappy by all! Chooseth Homer Simpson, and he shalt rock thy world!
Chief Wiggum: Good God, he is fabulous!
Principal Skinner: He's embiggened that role with that cromulent performance!

--Erin--

Posts: 28 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My fetishes would include:
*redheads
*smokers
*freckles
*sexy blue eyes

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

• Just eyes in general.
  • Intelligance. Ok, not a fetish, but more of a turn-on.
  • Cat eyeglasses! AHH!
  • Baseball players. A little superficial, but it's wearing off.

------------------
That's Mrs. Rivers Cuomo to you.

To Do Is To Be -- Plato
To Be Is To Do -- Socrates
Do Be Do Be Do -- Sinatra

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 10-01-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everybody, let's keep in mind exactly what a fetish is here...

quote:
According to Merriam-Webster:
fetish - an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression

There is a difference between an obsession and a fetish. So let's be clear about what you're really asking here. If you really really need that shampoo/lipgloss/tennis shoe/whatever to gain sexual gratification and are fixated upon it sexually, then you have a fetish for it. If you "love it in a platonic way" (for lack of a better expression since I've got a pounding headache at the moment), then you enjoy it or love it or perhaps are obsessed with it.

Let's make sure we're using the terms for what we really mean here, m'kay?

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caramel Apple Pop
Activist
Member # 8475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caramel Apple Pop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! I never knew thats what fetish really was. I've always heard it used in an obsession kind of way. I'll edit my post....

Actually...I just looked it up in the dictionary, and here is what it said
fetishabnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

So could I of been using the word correctly?

[This message has been edited by Caramel Apple Pop (edited 10-01-2002).]

Posts: 98 | From: A world of wonder, where war never disturbes peace, and the sun never gets consumed by the shadows... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes the word fetish is used in a non-sexual context, but honestly these boards are designed for sexual discussion, thus it definately becomes confusing here. Get me? Even though this part of the boards is not has discussion that are not about sexuality, the board itself is about sexuality...so calling it a fetish not only makes it confusing for our search engine, but leaves it a bit unclear.
Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caramel Apple Pop
Activist
Member # 8475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caramel Apple Pop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh, okay!
Undercover Cinderella
Neophyte
Member # 4607

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Undercover Cinderella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
chest hair
Posts: 39 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MiSs_Behave
Activist
Member # 8605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiSs_Behave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clocks/watches, waterbottles, lipgloss and sms messages. LOL

------------------
Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the MaDdNeSs...

Posts: 56 | From: Land of Oz | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What am I obsessed with?

Well it is not an object, but it certainly is something: I can't stand to have dirty fingernails. I hate having dirt under them or getting them chipped or anything. I often keep them fairly short and I'm always scrubbing under than to keep them clean.

Even getting a bit of sand under them drives me crazy!

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 10 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cuddliness.
With some people you can just tell they arnt cuddle people. I'm all about cuddling.

------------------
"Only the foolish would fear Foxfire."
Kolbrun; Juniper order

Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.