Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » need some advice, please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need some advice, please
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I work with this guy. We'll call him Andrew, because thats his name. He is a smartass, and being me, I dish smartassyness right back. It was fine with me...this bantering, until the day he called me a skank. Now besides that being a really nasty thing to say...I am not by ANY means a skank. I dont dress it, or act like it, Im a virgin. I dont know where he even came uup with the idea. I put him in his place. Or so I thought. Then today, one of the other kids I work with said that in school, I walked up behind *Andrew* and he told his friend, "I have to go to my locker, there are skanks around" I didnt hear him. I didnt even SEE him. And I want to know how I can set him strait for good. Plus, he has no reason. Im not a skank. I only ever talk to him in work. so why, infact, does he call me this?

[This message has been edited by ~You*Know*Who~ (edited 09-06-2002).]

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he's just a jerk.

I'd avoid being a smartass, and just let him know, flat out, that what he's doing is not appropriate, and that if his behaviour continues you'll report him to your employers or trachers. And if it does, do so.

------------------
I swear I go blind every time I'm by your side . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah it sounds like he is a jerk.

You do need to tell someone, so this problem can get fixes. I would stop talking to him as to not cause any other problems.

He might call you this, because he has no live and wants to ruin your or because that is his way of flirting or some other stupid reason.

Don't give him the satisifacton of fighting back.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This kid, I havent been on speaking terms with him for like a week. So I have given him no satisfaction of response

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlight23
Activist
Member # 9388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlight23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. first, i'm sorry you have to deal w/ a guy like that. but i am a little confused. you said you two were always kidding around and stuff before that and everything, being smartasses to each other...well what types of things were you saying then? cuz i'm know when i'm w/ my friends and few of the people i work w/ and so on, we call each other all sorts of names. i call my best friend names all the time, as she does to me. the fact that he brought it back up is just retarded, but i'm confused as to why it bothered you THAT much in the first place, if, in fact, you two were kidding around.

(sidenote: not trying to upset you or anyone or make it sound like he didn't do anything wrong or defend him or anything. just inquireing.)

------------------
*Live life to the fullest... think of all the people on the Titanic who passed up chocolate dessert.*

*Star*Light*

Posts: 122 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babee*girl
Neophyte
Member # 9893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babee*girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh I know how you feel! People can say whatever they want but as soon as they call me a slut/skank/ho/whore that's it.. then I get really mad. He probably said that because he knows that that is what makes most girls really p*ssed. But since you *aren't* a skank, then try not to worry about it and just laugh at him if he says it again; cuz, of course, you aren't one.

------------------
alwayz..*

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Babee, if you thought she was a skank, would that mean it was okay to harass her? Regardless of certain personal opinions, there's still a great social and moral obligation to be respectful to other people, and it sounds like someone's failing quite miserably here.

------------------
I swear I go blind every time I'm by your side . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.