Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Great Fitting Jeans...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great Fitting Jeans...
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...Are Hard To Find!!!

I've always had a problem finding jeans that fit right.

They're either too long, too short, not boot-cut (I only like boot-cut), too expensive, or too big in the back of the thigh (actually every pair I've ever found is too big in the thigh).

Old Navy jeans: they're too big in the thigh. I wear a size 2 in Old Navy jeans, but once I wash them they're too tight and too short. The next highest size is a 4, and I've never bought a 4, but I'm afraid if I do they'll be too big even after I wash them.
Zana*Di jeans: I've only found ones that come in flare! Eugh!
L.E.I. jeans: same as above; only flare.
Mudd: same as above; only flare.

So as I look around school, I wonder; "Where do all of these girls find jeans that fit perfectly?! They're never too big in the thighs or too short!"

School starts tomorrow and I have one pair from last year (Zana*Di) thta are flares that fit and one from this year (Old Navy) that fit before I washed them and now they're too tight and too short but big in the thigh!! I have one from Periscope brand at Foleys that are great khaki flares but have a sewed slit in the bottom that I can't wear my brown shoes with.

I'm in a rut. I have a million cute tops and hardly any pants to wear with them. My Dad and I are going shopping today (again) and we have limited money but I need several pairs of jeans.

A little advice?

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caramel Apple Pop
Activist
Member # 8475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caramel Apple Pop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE Express jeans. Yeah, they are a little expensive...but right now they should be having some sales. See, I have long legs (but i'm not tall) and I have a tiny booty. So I have A LOT of jean trouble. Some other good brands are: Levis, Calvin Klien. You can always find those on sale (they come in boot cut, too).

Go to Dillards. They have heeps of jeans on sale right now.

Posts: 98 | From: A world of wonder, where war never disturbes peace, and the sun never gets consumed by the shadows... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Beth.

I just got back from Palais Royal.

I got a pair of Silvertab Levis and some Superlow Levis and some Khaki Cargos (they're soo cute!).

Yup, I love CK jeans! They're expensive though so I don't buy them anymore. Everyone loves Express jeans! They're expensive but good jeans.

------------------
God Bless Texas

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
--Winnie The Pooh

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i never thought i would ever say this, but here goes. there was a good article in Glamour magazine last month on how to pick out jeans that flatter your body. Different models with different body types (ranging from long and twiggy to Rubenesque) were shown in cuts of jeans that flattered them.

unfortunately, it seemed all of them involved some sort of boot-flare.

anyway, i've come to find that i prefer guys jeans. i like my measurements in inches, not some arbitrary sizing system. plus, i can find good straight leg jeans that can ride low, but not too low.

I spent 2 hours loitering in the Levi's Flagship store in SF a couple of nights ago waiting for the band Ash to play and instore. I wound up trying on many pairs of jeans. And then I saw the band play

and as for why i was reading Glamour, the other resident girlfriend (at my boyfriend's place) left some mags on the table, and i was tired of Popular Science.

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

lol... i can see you now... gummy reading a glamour mag!
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My problem with pants is my hips, where the waiste of the jeans ride, is a size 10-11 and my legs are somewhere around a size 8 or 9. So they're either baggy in the legs, or tight in the hips. So here are suggestions of brandsthat fit ME well.

Route 66 (sold at K-mart ) has awsome jeans, they're durable, i've been camping with them, and they are still in great shape...and they fit AWSOME.

Bongo (sold at meijers) have some really cool styles, and fit awsome also.

Bella Daul (at TJ max) They were about 25$ (originally 97$, aint you proud of my bargin shopping skills ) They fit so good. and are absolutely so comfortable.

Silver Jeans: I had one pair, which someone gave me and they were so comfortable and fit awsome. But I think they're expensive, and so I wait for hand me downs!

Good cuts.

Bootcut: I think they are a cut that looks good on everyone...but dont quote that.

Over-Alls: maybe this is my redneck persona saying "stylish" inside my head. But they are so comfie...and so cute at the same time.

hip riders: I think that having pants ride on your hips a little below the belly button makes the but and hips appear smaller. But again, who am I to say.

Pajamas: if all else fails, get cute pjs. and where them. I live in Pajamas when I go to school. They are the ultimate comfie outfit.

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got these pants today that fit me so well. One of them is mudd and had the faded stipes and butt ya know. and the other is Paris blues and theyre kinda black with the horozontal stipes under the pockets. They are tight on my everywhere, like i like them. Not loose on the theighs at all! I can't wait to show them off at school.
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 12 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paris Blues jeans fit me soo perfect like whoa......just wonderful
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggish
Activist
Member # 6370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aagggh! Next to finding cute women's size-11 shoes, finding jeans that not only FIT me, but are cute, is the worst shopping experience!! See, I'm told that I'm not "fat", yet, I find it nearly impossible to find anything over a size 13/14 in the Juniors departments at stores like JCPenney's - and Silvers rarely come above 35 in. On a very, very good day, I'll fit a pair at those sizes. The other problem is that I'm nearly 5'11" - so, I'll find jeans that fit in the waist, but are faaar above my ankle. Oooh- and one of the worst things is having to pay extra for larger jeans! My sister (of course, a perfect size 4, and she's 5'8!!) claims that the extra cost is because of more material - but there's more material from a size 0 to a size 6 than there is between 13/14 and 15/16, so what's up with that?? "Plus sizes" my foot. If I'm not "fat", yet I wear plus sizes, what kinds of experiences do people with waists even bigger than mine have?? I hate to think about it.
If I must praise a brand of jeans, Express is by far my favorite, with Silvers coming in second. Too bad they're both over $50 for a new pair!! GAP has fabulous cords and khakis. Usually. I haven't gotten (but boy have I looked) a new pair of pants since I was a junior in highschool...and I'm going into my second year of college. Phooey.

------------------
~*frog*~

Posts: 41 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TXRebelGirl
Activist
Member # 9782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TXRebelGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have so much trouble with jeans because I don't have the hips that curve way out like they cut the jeans. Anyone know what I mean? I have high hip bones and am not real curvy in the thighs...they are always too generous in that area. I find I have good luck with guys jeans a lot of the time. I also hate the fact that most women's jeans are made to come up to or over your damn belly button! With low rise becoming popular this has gotten so much better but in the 80s and 90s it was ridiculous!!! LOL Another thing that I find to be a godsend is that you can now get the TAILOR MADE LEVIS where they are measured and made to fit you! It's about time! But still, the worst shopping days for me - jean-buying days and yes the dreaded BIKINI BUYING DAYS!!! LOL

------------------
"If Microsoft had things their way there would be no books, only comic strips..."

Posts: 61 | From: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy_lil_thang
Neophyte
Member # 9796

Icon 12 posted      Profile for foxy_lil_thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there is A place that makes jeans that fir me really well . (AND I AM TALL ) The place is called AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS . They make long/short/pettite Jeans and other types of Pants .. You can basicly fit bout any thing u want there ! SO GOOD LUCK ! (Ther bout $50.00 a pair so ya might wanna save ^ a little which ok )

GOOD LUCK ,
JESS

------------------
~*$*~

Posts: 39 | From: georgtown,ohio U.s.a | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover Cinderella
Neophyte
Member # 4607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover Cinderella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always hated jean shopping for the exact reason of nothing fitting right. Yesterday me and my best friend went jean shopping and I tried on about a million pairs before finally finding one that i liked. I find that jeans are always too big in the thighs so I usually try to get streatch jeans. By the way, I got them at bluenotes...which is where I find most of my pants.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alohamora
Neophyte
Member # 8892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for alohamora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and here i thought i was the only one who had the hardest time finding the right pair of jeans!

but no, it does take me forever to find a good pair, but i do like the ones they have at Express (especially since they keep sending my sister coupons for $15 off next purchase!)

is it me, or is it just jeans that are hard to find that are good fitting?

i've gotten to the point where it's been such a frustrating experience that i've switched to other types of pants (khakis) or other fabrics.

but there's something about denim, and how you can wear them and keep wearing them till they get all faded and worn and comfy.

it makes me nostalgic for the markets in Taiwan where you buy them and if it's too long, people offer to hem them for you or to do nice quick alterations

now there's a service that'd come in handy!

Posts: 36 | From: Sunny Southern California | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babee*girl
Neophyte
Member # 9893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babee*girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm about 5'3" and I wear like a size 5-6-7.. well I *could* wear like a size 3 or 4 if I wanted to but I wear my jeans really low on the waist so I get bigger sizes.. make sense? But yeah all of my jeans are like too long because of that. I have a few that I could find petite length in though! But most of my jeans are L.E.I's.. I'm obsessed with low-riding flares

------------------
alwayz..*

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.