Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Favorite clothing brands

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite clothing brands
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are some of you favorite name-band cloths? mine are LEI, Nikki, Energic, Vans, Bongo and basically if i find something i like, i buy it.

------------------
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My fav. pants brand is LEI and Mudd. That's about all I wear, with a few exceptions. Other than that I wear any brand that I like the style and fit of the clothes

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
actually, my favorite type of clothes are vintage! can't beat the prices, plus they have that years-of-loving smell to them. every clothing piece has a story. i like wearing stories.

i think the only actual store i've bought stuff at and intended to go back eventually was hottopic, but just because they had invader zim stuff. plus i got a bettie page t-shirt there and you know, you just can't get any better than bettie page!

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a lot of my favorite stuff is from abercrombie and fitch, but i don't shop there anymore because i don't like their business practices and i don't really like their clothes.

i like j. crew, gap, anthropologie, urban outfitters. i love michael stars t-shirts and levi's jeans seem to fit best. i haven't bought much lately though - i am a fan of borrowed/inherited clothing. i just got a madras belt from my mommy and a braided leather one from my dad. :-D most of my money these days does for school and skiing, i'm afraid...

em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a a lot of items from Esprit and Express because I love everything those stores carry. I don't buy them wholesale though; I get them at Ross or Marshalls.

I'm not really much of a brand name person, although I love having nice clothes. I'd rather have 4 shirts than 1 really expensive one.

I buy what I like.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they have brand names? lol just playing =)

i never go by clothes brand names... and i cant tell one from another anyway... clothes are clothes are clothes... at least to me =)

i love all cute clothes. lol i never buy clothes full price... unless they're not that expensive to begin with... i love hunting for cute, discounted stuff. sum call it bargain shopping, but that sounds not so cool...

i just got the cutest pants the other day... looked for like 1/2 hr. they're jeans and somehow fit sooo nicely on me... its a miracle! lol... anywat they have like an opening from the bottom up a few inches... and pretty rinestones... i heart rhinestones... they go straight up in a line in the front. and the pants were only $6... i was soooo happy... talk about hunting...

that was totally off topic... anywat...
hunt clothes ont animals people! =)

------------------
dont worrie b happie... its like a law! =)

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason the only pants that I've been able to find that fit me nearly perfectly are Aeropostale brand. I have a curvy bottom and a very small waist, so most pants that I try on are usually too tight in the butt or too big toward the belly. I also like Mudd jeans- LEI jeans don't like me very much, apparently, as I've never been able to get a pair of those darn things to fit. Oh, I like Angel jeans and Arizona jeans too.

As for other stuff, I'll buy any brand if I like the style. My favorites are Aeropostale, Abercrombie & Fitch (though I hardly ever shop there as there prices are a bit out of my price range), Weather Vane, American Eagle (another store that's rather expensive for my budget), and Rue 21. Candies and Billabong clothes are okay too, but I don't buy much of either of those brands, because Pac Sun scares me (umm.. don't ask why).

------------------
~*Scarleteen Advocate

"I hate broccoli. And yet, in a certain sense- I AM broccoli." --The Tick

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Superlow Levi's, but they are a bit big in my waist and tight on my butt. I got these great L.E.I pants (i think they are) that are like sweat/gym pants. They're red with 2 stripes down the side, have pockets, and zip at the bottom(for leg breathing). They're great because of the elastic waist.

Has anyone heard of Forever 21? I love that store, they have the cutest clothes for great prices. A shirt is like $9 and pants like $18-25 usually. Everybody at school is just like, "that is so cute, where did you get it?"....."forever 21" and one thing I really like about that store is they change their styles every week so its pretty rare that someone at school will have the exact same thing ( I hate that so much).

[This message has been edited by Olive (edited 08-13-2002).]

Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Olive:
I love Superlow Levi's, but they are a bit big in my waist and tight on my butt.
<...>
Has anyone heard of Forever 21?

I tried on my sister's Superlow Levis and they were so short! They were also really tight, so I think they were too small, but soo short! She has a long torso and shorter legs and i'm the opposite!

I've never heard of Forever 21. Where are they located?

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are forever 21's in mall's. My friend in Virginia has one in her nearest mall, so they would likely have one somewhere around you.
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Way down in Houston?!
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about Houston. But I live in Cali and my friend lives in Virginia. That's across the country.

Oh and about superlow Levi's they have more than one style. The ones I got are 518. They probably have about 4 different styles for the superlows. Im really not sure how many, but Im guessing.

Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love my superlow Levi 518s!

------------------
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning!" --Apocalypse Now

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr_Superstar
Neophyte
Member # 9637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr_Superstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite brand is Polo. Maybe I'm a little bias because I work there...
Posts: 15 | From: Bloomington, IN | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

I love mine too Star2be!....We are like so cool, haha. Yeah well they are comfy and fit nice.
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont have a favourite brand name. It usually happens that I can only find pants to fit, that are really cheap (found at K-mart, Target, Wal-Mart) or expensive pants (100$ give or take) that I find at TJ Maxx or other discount stores for a price I can actually aford.

I am a HUGE bargain shopper. I love garage sales, vintage stores, good-wills, anywhere where I can find awsome, unique, one of a kind, nobody else will have it, cheap, articles of clothing.

And I love K-Marts, Targets, Meijers, Wal-Marts, and those kinds of department stores, I always find stuff to fit there.

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Abercrombie has the CUTEST tops but I can't ever afford them cuz they're so damn expensive. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the clearance section of Guess stores. O and Forever 21----I love that store...they're *so* cheap and they're clothes are so cute!
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Careful what you buy at Target! http://www.tolerance.org/news/article_hate.jsp?id=603

------------------
"I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-A-r-t." Homer J. Simpson
"Mmm ... floor pie!" Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn fascists. Always stealing symbols and codes for their own nefarious purposes. The swastika symbol used to be just a sign for good luck.
Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlight23
Activist
Member # 9388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlight23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I work at Aeropostale right now...and so most of my clothes are from there cuz i get them cheap. although i've only found a few pairs of pants that fit well. Personally, i favor american eagle jeans. they always seem to fit juuust right. and they aren't TOO overpriced...(or so they dont seem when u have an AE clearcard sitting in ur wallet...lol) i also like alot of the shirts at AE...but basically wherever. haven't bought clothes in a while. can't really remember. lol. oh i also like a *few* things at weathervane.
Posts: 122 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it even LEGAL to carry some rasist shit in Target???? I'de think that'de be illegal. And I think Target wouldnt sell it anyways becuase it offends costomers? This is bull. I hope they get in trouble.
Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YouKnowWho, one thing gotta understand about America is that we protect free speech, even if what is being said is completely repugnant and offensive. While I find racism completely objectionable, I firmly believe that people have the right to be idiots. So no, it is not illegal for Target to sell clothing with offensive iconography on it. But as a private corporation, it is in Target's best interest *not* to sell such items. After all, it's hard to sell stuff if ppl are too pissed off to buy it from you.

------------------
"I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-A-r-t." Homer J. Simpson
"Mmm ... floor pie!" Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Well, thats what I meant...you know its not a smart buisness move for them. Im suprised they did it. They might as well sell a shirt with the swastica on it.
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i find a lot of my cloths in little stores like achore blue, i havent looked in hotopic yet, i just found one 3 hours away and i didnt have time to go into all the little shops.

------------------
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy_lil_thang
Neophyte
Member # 9796

Icon 12 posted      Profile for foxy_lil_thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MY FAVORITE JEANS ARE :::::::::::: BONGO , AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS , ABERCROMBIE'S JEANS , AND OLD NAVY !!!!
C-YA

------------------
~*$*~

Posts: 39 | From: georgtown,ohio U.s.a | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WinterMoon
Neophyte
Member # 9885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WinterMoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really wear label clothing.
I don't shop at mainstream stores very often, though sometimes I find nice black skirts in places like Portmans.
I also got a beautiful lace shawl at Portmans.
Otherwise I'll go to Peril or a similar emporium store in the city. I'm a bit of a goth, ya see.

------------------
Mayor Quimby: Congratulations Ned, you are our new town crier. May your shrill, nasal voice ring throughout our streets and brains.
Ned Flanders: Thankily-dank, Mayor, I shan't disappoint. Har ye, har ye! I declare myself pinkled tink about Springfield's Bicen-cidilly-ti-ten-toodly-rin-tin-tennial Day!
Homer: You suck-diddily-uck, Flanders! Gimme that!
[Grabs the bell from him]
Homer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Ye olde town crier proclaimed crappy by all! Chooseth Homer Simpson, and he shalt rock thy world!
Chief Wiggum: Good God, he is fabulous!
Principal Skinner: He's embiggened that role with that cromulent performance!

--Erin--

Posts: 28 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babee*girl
Neophyte
Member # 9893

Icon 7 posted      Profile for babee*girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I almost always wear shirts from American Eagle or Old Navy.. most of my jeans are Mudd & L.E.I .. anything thats really low & dark!

------------------
alwayz..*

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.