Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Summer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Summer
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this topic has been done yet, but I couldn't find anything so here I go!

What is everyone doing this summer?? I know, I know, summer's already half over, but it's just starting for me since I had summer school

Well, I think I'll start the topic off.

This Monday I'm leaving to go camping with my friend for 7 days in a place called Rockwood (near Guelph Ontario), and it's going to be soooo fun because her whole family is going to be up there (her cousins who are the same age as us) and I know her whole family already because I've known my friend since i was 4

Other than that I might be going to my dad's friend's cottage, but I'm not sure about that.

I hope camping will be fun

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't done anything this summer except sleep and the occasional trip to Kings Dominion.

I am going to Ozzfest in a couple weeks, even though Ozzy isn't going to be there (which sucks really bad.)

Other than that, nothing else I know of. I was going to go on vacation with my boyfriends family but ozzfest was resheduled the week they were going so I can't go which is a bummer.

I just really don't want school to start again!!!

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't done much this summer, but in 4 days (yikes) I fly out to Australia. Now, from Seattle, that is going to be a fun flight. From Seattle to San Fransisco to Sydney to Coolangatta and back. Yay!

Then school starts the 23 of September. Yay for college schedules.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melimelo
Activist
Member # 7361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melimelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey, i went to kings dominion too, last summer! last summer was a lot more interesting.

this summer, i've done nothing much but working, its completely boring, but it doesnt make me want to go back to school.

Posts: 81 | From: north america | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkChild717:
Then school starts the 23 of September. Yay for college schedules.

You are so lucky. For me it school starts on the third! Talk about early!

------------------

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I've mentioned on another board, I am currently in Australia visiting my boyfriend. It's actually winter here, but where we are isn't too cold (thankfully!), so I guess you could say that I miss out on a summer in 2002! Oh well...

Hey Darkchild, we were in Coolangatta for a week just recently - hope you enjoy it!

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by confused333:

True, but I'll bet you get out of school a lot sooner. West Coast schools are typically the last to start and the last to finish, and nobody seems to know why that is.

The funniest thing about growing up is how summer changes from something you look forward to into something that comes and goes in an instant. When all you're doing is working all year long, somehow the time all seems the same. One minute it's cold outside, and the next it's blazing hot...and whether or not I can fit in a day or two at the beach becomes less of an issue than whether or not I can put food on my table.

But that's not to say I've got nothing at all to look forward to this summer. Tomorrow morning at 5am I return to my old job, and next week I receive a houseguest. I'm looking forward to those events greatly, as they will both provide some much-needed excitement to my life.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scorpio
Activist
Member # 4154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a fun filled summer so far and it's just getting started!

5 days after school got out i went to Japan for two weeks with my best friend, my dad and his finacee. That was awesome and i got to see sooo much stuff!

When i got home i went sailing, swimming, skating and a bunch of other stuff with my boyfriend.

For the July 4th weekend i went up to my house on Orcas Island with my boyfriend and my dad, his fiancee and my sister.

After that i went to Sunriver, Oregon for 5 days. While my boyfriend was in New York for two weeks I saw friends, spent a bunch of time with my sister and caught up on some hobbies.

Today my boyfriend got home and so i saw him tomorrow i'm leaving with him to do a volunteer project in a mountain range near here fixing up trails for a week.

After that i'm going for 5 days with my boyfriend's family to the coast to go hiking and camping. After that i'm going wolf tracking in Idaho for 9 days.

After that i'm going backpacking for 4 days with my best friend and her mom! than school starts!!!

Yes i'm a busy bee, but that is how i love my life!

------------------
-Sarah

Posts: 83 | From: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 6 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been having a blast so far this summer...going to parties, friends, just kickin it alone at my house (i love my alone time), meditation, i just starting working out every day. Going on vacations and falling in love!!!! omg and breaking hearts...but no more no more, i've got me a "mr. serious" for a boyfriend. i've tried not to be so wild as much.....haha ok ill stop now. for the rest of summer i am gunna see my bf and just have fun...
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by confused333:

[/QUOTE]

I start at the end of August and end at the end of June. That does not seem fair.

Oh well, i can endure one more year of high school before i start doing whatever it is i'm doing after high school.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shenzie2007
Activist
Member # 9027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shenzie2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What have I done this summer? My family moved to Dallas, Texas. Since then I've been surfing the 'net, drawing, listening to music, and sleeping. Maybe summer's just there to make people so bored, it makes school look better than it really is...

------------------
"Pope John Paul today confirmed his opposition to gay marriages. Said that they are unnatural. Gay marriages are unnatural. Then he put on a pointy hat, his dress, and returned to never having sex at all." -- Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect

Posts: 73 | From: dallas, texas, usa | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smily1
Neophyte
Member # 8136

Icon 14 posted      Profile for smily1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so far my summer has been pretty uneventful. lets see....i spend lots of time on the internet. i have been hanging out w/ my friends. i went to a local water park last week. um......i am babysitting twice a week. i was helping someone pack her apartment to move but then she moved so i am not doing that anymore. oh and i am fencing alot more now. i know what u r thinking but yes we DO use swords. its really great exercise anyway thats all i'm doing. i guess i'm pretty busy.

------------------
:D~Smile Its In Style~:D

Posts: 30 | From: chicago,IL | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This summer, i have fallen in love, had my heart broken, had my heart almost mended, and am getting over it. i've found a new boyfriend and i'll be okay. but other than the twists and turns of my turbulent so-called "love life" i have gone go-carting the mud (WAHHOOOO! nothing like getting dirty), had my birthday party, been to a couple of birthdays, been to a couple of sleepovers, and working. and thats bascially my life. i love the summer, though. and guess what?!?! band camp starts this thursday! prepare for complete and utter EVILNESS! im going to fry out in the sun!

------------------
*~remember the only thing we need sometimes are chilly nights and warmer thighs, cuz nothing is like being held...sometimes*~

[This message has been edited by SirenRose (edited 07-28-2002).]

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

quote:
Originally posted by Celtic Daisy:
I start at the end of August and end at the end of June. That does not seem fair.

woah. That sucks. We end at the beginning of June. But you're probably smarter since you go longer!

------------------

melimelo
Activist
Member # 7361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melimelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this year i start august 26, but i have to go pick up my books and schedule the 15. this is what happen when you start cegep.

but also, when you're in cegep, you end in may, and you have a month for christmas. its just that you get a short summer between high school and cegep (i ended high school june 21)

(and now that i think about it, high school starts just a few days after cegep)

Posts: 81 | From: north america | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see...I start school on 23 September, and I get out of school 12 December. I have 12 weeks of school, then 11, then 11 again then I graduate from Edmonds Community College.

Yay. I am loving this.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etoile
Neophyte
Member # 8657

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Etoile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fun topic!

So far this summer I have been working my butt off as a lifeguard at a water theme park near home.
I've been a guard for two years now, and I have a lot of fun with the people I work with and the patrons that come to the pool. I was named 'Employee of the Month' for this month so I'm pretty excited!!

I'm also trying to get over my ex...very difficult, but its going well at the moment.

In August I'm going to Baraboo, Wisconsin on a trip with my friend's youth group. This should be a lot of fun, I'm a little worried though cause I'm Catholic and she's something...I'm not sure what, but they always try to convert people and its a big pain!

I really dont want school to start. I'm going to be a junior this year and I was put in my first advanced classes ever and I'm a little scared if I can handle all of the work.....plus I am involved in loads of after school activities.

Hope you all have a terrific summer!
Have fun, stay safe!

------------------
No one's a virgin....Life screws everyone

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiNkRoSe13
Activist
Member # 9055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PiNkRoSe13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my main thing was basketball camp...it got me a chance to get to know the coach and i really learned alot..i just hope i can make it freshman year!!
Posts: 49 | From: Frankfort IL USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreveryoung
Activist
Member # 7990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreveryoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the beach at ocean city with my bording school!! it was really fun

I also went to this bible camp and meet a whole lot of differnt people

i am hoping to go tubing on the river with my friend...

i also took a trip out to pittsburg, pa to see my father, and while i was there we took a bus trip to New York

Posts: 87 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.