Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What have YOU done?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What have YOU done?
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What have you done to make your community a better place to live? Whether it is picking up garbage or painting a fence or building a home for Habitat for Humanity, let's hear it. Everyone can make a difference.
Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 14 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, a few months ago I planted some baby trees in a wood. There's a group of hippies who needed people to help them plant trees, weave fences and pick up litter, so I helped the animal community Save the badgers! (and other furry animals)
*Badger*

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice topic. And on a related note, y'all might want to check out a rather similar topic we have running in General Health & Nutrition, where we're talking about good things we've done for ourselves. Here's the link: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum24/HTML/000296.html

As for me? I volunteer here. It's not exactly a local community thing, but hey, I see people from this neck of the woods around here every now and then. And I'm all about thinking globally, anyway.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

[This message has been edited by kythryne (edited 07-30-2002).]

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey, my community is better by me just being here.

haha, actually, i frequently volunteer at a soup kitchen. but i need a new volunteer gig, as one of the frequent eaters is saying inappropriate things to me, and i feel kinda unconfortable. any ideas?

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I lived in the States I used to teach a bunch of little kids (one at a time!) music. Specifically, the flute and the piano. As well as attending school, I ended up with a studio on the side that at any given time had between 18 and 24 students.

So, every month I would get a group and take them to the local old folks' home to put on a little "concert". And it was so great, they (both the kids and the old folks) loved it so much! And afterwards everyone would get talking and get to know each other better, and the grannies and grandpas had some company for a while.

And it was also a great way to acclimatize the kids to the stage, so everybody wins!!

Rose-Anne

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in case you are at a loss for ideas, here's another thread...
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000659.html

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.