Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Want kind of car do you want/own? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Want kind of car do you want/own?
TheCagedOne
Activist
Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCagedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I had my pick, I'd take an original Shelby Cobra with the 427 in it. Coming in close seconds are the brand new Lamborghini Murcielago or possibly an Acura NSX. Unfortunately, I currently drive a 1980 Toyota Corona (yes, Corona not Corolla). It does get me around though, and quite affordably, which is really the important part anyway.

------------------
"A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey"
----
"We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Posts: 52 | From: Usually somewhere between MI & FL - currently KY | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. . . I meant Volvo. Silly me, all the Vs confuse me.
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want an old, redneck, beater, good ole' boys truck. With SUPER SWAMPERS! (aka, Mud Running tires) and a metal tool box in the back. Much like the one pictured below.

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
??ButteCupBby??
Neophyte
Member # 4347

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ??ButteCupBby??     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The car that I own right now is a '97 Dodge Stratus. It's purple and has 4 doors. The car that I would love to own would be a Dodge Viper T-top in a paintjob that changes colors. That would be an awesome car to have in my opinion.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have but one life to live
So Live it to the fullest
~by~I don't know
??ߵŧŧε ߥ??

Posts: 19 | From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatsthatmommy
Activist
Member # 7869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatsthatmommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You guys, she means REAL cars. 1975, Red Camaro, with NOS system and an altered air filter. Thats a real car.

------------------
believe everyody in the world should have guns. Citizens should have bazookas and rocket launchers too. I believe that all citizens should have their weapons of choice. However, I also believe that only I should have the ammunition. Because frankly, I wouldn't trust the rest of the goobers with anything more dangerous than string."
-Scott Adams

Posts: 69 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlight23
Activist
Member # 9388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlight23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so I drive a 95 dodge stratus in the UGLIEST grey/silver color, ever. It's a boat. but it works, so its all good.

My two dream cars are a black or dark blue toyota celica...and my less practical dream car is audi tt roadster convertable. ahhhh its such a chick car...and i love it. lol.

had to add my two cents...lol

StarLight

Posts: 122 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what do you mean by "REAL CARS" whatsthatmommy????
Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatsthatmommy
Activist
Member # 7869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatsthatmommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean by testosterone backed 60/70's muscle cars.
Posts: 69 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My significant other just purchased a 1967 chevy Firebird. Bright yellow. It currently has 360 horsepower, but when he is done with it in a couple days, it will have 500 horsepower. Then maybe he'll finish the interior after he screws with the engine.

Now THAT is a sexy car. Mmmmhmmm.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else notice that the only people replying in this thread are Americans? I only saw two replies from Canadians. Other than that, we're all Yanks.

What do you think this says about the importance of car-culture in America vs. the rest of the world? And why do you think Americans are so in love with cars while the rest of the world is not?

and yes, i do love my little Corolla. Even if it only has 117 horsepower. Who cares, I hardly ever take it on the freeway anyway. at least I get awesome gas mileage.

------------------
"I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-A-r-t." Homer J. Simpson
"Mmm ... floor pie!" Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreveryoung
Activist
Member # 7990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreveryoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm only 13 , but ever since i was like 5 i wanted a red mustang Convertible.
My first car is just going to be something that runs

Posts: 87 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The car he was driving previously was a little Mazda of some sort. I'd take it, but I don't drive stick, as I don't know how yet. It got 36 miles to the gallon. He hated driving it because it wasn't domestic.

It takes him $20 bucks a day almost in his Firebird to get to and from work. In good traffic, that is only a 20 minute drive.

[This message has been edited by DarkChild717 (edited 09-15-2002).]

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sachie
Activist
Member # 9895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sachie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BEETLE BEETLE BEETLE.

------------------
libido ergo sum.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Over the last 30 years, I have owned a 1959 Morris Minor, a 1969 Fiat 850 Spider, a 1972 Toyota Celica, a 1976 Honda Accord, a 1984 Hyundai Pony, a 1988 Chrysler LeBaron, and I currently drive a 1996 Ford Windstar.

The most enjoyable car was the Spider, a 2 seater sports car convertable. It went like a bat and hugged the road like glue. But it also would short out in high humidity and was very prone to rust.

The best car I have owned was the Chrysler LeBaron. I drove it for 11 years without a major problem. So far, my 6 year old Windstar has also been without major problems.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
What do you think this says about the importance of car-culture in America vs. the rest of the world? And why do you think Americans are so in love with cars while the rest of the world is not?

From my highschool text:

quote:
The [US] national road network has the longest mileage of any in the world ... the majority of households own at least one vehicle ...More than any other country in the world, the United States depends on the automobile - and is suffering for it in terms of congestion, pollution and cost...

It also said how much of the US economy depends on the movement of passengers and freight across great distances - which would be a contributing factor too.

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marty
Neophyte
Member # 9980

Icon 7 posted      Profile for marty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maryha, someone else who likes Volvos!

I'm not old enough to drive, and with British Road Tax being as it is I'll probably end up not driving until I'm about 25, when I might just be able to afford it (If I save up until I'm 25 and then I dont go driving in it because Petrol prices are insane), but my dream car is a Volvo V70 T5.

My family recently decided to get a new car so when I came home and found an S70 sitting on the drive I was over the moon, but I still want a V70 T5

Image from Volvocars.co.uk

Posts: 23 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark_Wolf
Neophyte
Member # 10024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dark_Wolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have always wanted a Jaguar xj220, coooool car
Posts: 37 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MiSs_Behave
Activist
Member # 8605

Icon 6 posted      Profile for MiSs_Behave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Toyota Corolla..easy peasy.. all cars look the same to me.. but I really HATE those ones with big things on the back thing and low things on the sides with loud music and expensive stereo equipment.. argh!

------------------
Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the MaDdNeSs...

Posts: 56 | From: Land of Oz | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know I didn't even notice the question that Gumdrop posed earlier in here because I've never poked my head in. I've never poked my head in because I've never cared about cars.

I'm happy with my $25/month mtro pass. Tell me again what the monthly cost of owning a car is...?

Cars are evil. SUVs are eviler. As Zanney pointed out, the U.S. is paying the price for its love-affair with cars, and in fact, much of the rest of the world is paying the price, too. It would make sense for Canadians to have lots of cars - seeing as the country is so very large, and the population so very spread out. But, we're not as big on the things as you all seem to be, and with George The Oil Man in the White House, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Pity, that.

------------------
"Love is blind, and I don't blame her/'cause lately I ain't been too much to see/I'd ask a girl home, but I'd have to pay her..."
-Old '97s Ray Charles

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
big_mouth_girl
Neophyte
Member # 10462

Icon 6 posted      Profile for big_mouth_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone I'm new in here. but I got to say I like the old cars. i got a 1974 volvo 164E. you can go wrong with them. We have 7 cars but that my best one.

------------------
Jeannie
Take life as it comes. it will come anyway

Posts: 1 | From: Chatsworth,ga,U.S.A. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PlacidPixie
Neophyte
Member # 10486

Icon 12 posted      Profile for PlacidPixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any car is a good car *sigh*
Posts: 6 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
echo
Neophyte
Member # 7002

Icon 14 posted      Profile for echo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my hands on my license(yeah), but still must tote around my bus card. No money=no car. But on the flip side, my best friends' family has an old honda accord, which they're considering giving to me. I'm so excited, but the urge me to stay away from the freeway. Apparently it's not the safest car. But hey, whatever gets me to school and back.
Posts: 14 | From: No.Cal | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.