Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Want kind of car do you want/own? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Want kind of car do you want/own?
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering, what kind of car do you own right now or want to own?

I am not old enough to drive without a parent, but I want a 2002 eclipse spyder convertable.

What about the rest of ya'll?

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lithiumbarbiedoll
Neophyte
Member # 9186

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lithiumbarbiedoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YAY cars! is that a mitsubishi? i want to get a Mazda Rx-7 and soop it up...but i think the first step would be...turn 16 and get a licence!..4 months to go!

------------------
i knew i was an unwanted child when i discovered my bath toys were a toaster and a radio

Posts: 34 | From: Ontario | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hah...I'll never get it...but a black Escalade!!!!! MMMMMM..i LOVE big cars!

If not that, a red Boxster....

If not that, any plain ol' car will do (a Civic, perhaps?)

Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scorpio
Activist
Member # 4154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want the Subaru Outback station wagon in forest green. I love that car! It's got everything i want; a big back for my camping gear, good number of seats, it doesn't eat gas like SUV's and it's green (my favorite color)!!!

------------------
-Sarah

Posts: 83 | From: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lithiumbarbiedoll:
is that a mitsubishi?

Yeah it is!

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by OoMEoO:
hah...I'll never get it...but a black Escalade!!!!! MMMMMM..i LOVE big cars!

You'd better call your Governor. He just signed a bill outlawing the sale of "big cars" which do not meet a certain miles-per-gallon standard by 2005.

Which puts me in an awful bind. Because even though I own the most fuel efficient model-year of my vehicle's kind, I will soon have to pay all sorts of exorbitant fees just to keep a car I bought years ago.

Oh yeah, its a black 1996 Ford Explorer XLT. With mountain bike, rollerblades, hockey sticks and sleeping bags currently occupying it.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I currently drive a 1986 Mercury Grand Marque, not-so-affectionately known as the Ancient Blue Rustbucket. It's quite possibly the most hideous and awful car in the universe. Before that I had a classic Firebird Formula 350, which was just a fabulously fun car. Aside from the fact that it broke down constantly, and cost a bloody fortune to keep on the road.

What I really want is a BMW Z8, but I'm not likely to get that in this lifetime, seeing as how it costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $150,000. Wah. I'll settle for a classic Corvette Stingray, though. In bright red, please.

Yes, I do have a thing for small fast sportscars. Why do you ask?

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

quote:
Originally posted by kythryne:

Yes, I do have a thing for small fast sportscars. Why do you ask?

Don't worry, I do too!

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a sundance. I don't know the year, but it's early 90's i believe. Hehehe, i'm not a car person. It was a gift from my grandma to me and my brother.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
argh! I've been shopping for cars this week. It's not about what my fantasy car is (the very sexy Mercedes Benz SL500 http://www.mercedes-benz.com/globpics/photos_sl/E4.jpg). It's more that I'm going to get a job, and I'll need a car for that (the public trasit system is good, but not *that* good).

Last night, I test drove the VW Jetta. It was great. The Jetta is a solid car, great features, attractive. But not nearly as efficient as I would have preferred (only 29 miles per gallon highway). And the pricetag was steep.

The night before that, I test drove the Toyota Corolla and Prius. While neither car felt as solid as the Jetta, they handled quite well. *very* efficient. My preference was for the Prius, a hybrid vehicle that gets 50 miles per gallon city. The features were pretty comparable to the Corolla. Pricetag was a little higher. But my parents weren't too keen on it because it's new, repairs would probably be expensive.

So I'm probably getting a Corolla tomorrow. It works. It drives okay. Gets decent mileage. not as cool as the Prius, but oh well.

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Celtic Daisy:
I have a sundance. I don't know the year, but it's early 90's i believe.

It's a Plymouth, probably 1989-94. The reason I know? It replaced the Dodge Lancer, the 1985 model of which was my very first car.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My family used to own a 1981 Chevy Malibu, but recently we dumped it cuz we got a new car (99 Nissan Altima). I'm sad cause we've had that car since i was born

If i could have any car i would have a Dodge Viper.

------------------
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning!" --Apocalypse Now

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimmers n' such
Neophyte
Member # 6816

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shimmers n' such     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, i ADORE cars, they're a major passion of mine Right now, being jobless and broke, I deal with borrowing my mom's *shudder* 1993 Dodge Shadow. When I do become rich, lol, I will get myself an Aston Martin Vanquish......450HP....mmmmmm *drools* And for my fun car, a dodge Viper painted pink, or a 3rd generation Mazda RX7, also in baby pink

wooo nice to hear i'm not the only RX7 fan My BF had a MINT 1987 RX7, which he sold It was amazing.

[This message has been edited by shimmers n' such (edited 07-26-2002).]

Posts: 33 | From: Ice Castle, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As ya'll know, my gramma recently passed away. I got her car. It's a 1994 Ford Taurus GL sedan. And it runs. That was my only requirement for my first car.

My dream CAR is a Shelby Series One. Those go FAST.

My dream TRUCK is anything larger than a Ford F 150, 4x4. I like power.

But give me anything from before 1960, and I'll be happy.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 13 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG, BruinDan, ARE YOU SERIOUS????? that is sooooooo horrible......!
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grizabella
Activist
Member # 2014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizabella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well... my father sells used cars, so I can get just about any car I want. He's got this awesome Explorer on the lot right now, it's sort of a greenish-blue, dark teal type color that I've never really seen before, and it's got black leather seats and a Pioneer stereo. Very cool. But I also like the look of classic cars.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like a Vespa and my M licence, please. The former's my first project, though.

------------------
You're the one I adore
You're my C64

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 1990 Nissan. It's 4-wheel drive... and candy apple red. Well, it used to be. It was first my dad's, then he got a newer pickup. It's better than nothing, though. At least I have a ride.

------------------
So don't let the world bring you down,
Not everyone here is that f*cked up and cold,
Remember why you came and while you're alive,
Experience the warmth before you grow old

~*Only God Knows Why*~

My Teen Open Diary

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gummy, are diesel cars illegal in california? i had a turbodiesel new beetle, and it was the most fabulous car. fun to drive, and 50 mpg on the highway. and extremely clean, thanks to exhaust filters. there is a jetta available with the same engine; if you can, you should look into it. :-)

now my mommy is driving my beloved beetle, and i have a 1988 mitsu montero. it's a shitbox, and it needs a new distributor ($300 woohoo!). but it is excellent in the snow, which is important where i go to school (the north woods of maine). (i had the bug up there for a couple of weeks in january and the damn thing got stuck. in a parking lot.)

if i had my pick, i would get an audi S4. yum yum yum.

:-D

em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to say that I drive a very boring, very normal car. The parental drives a company car, so I get his sedan. But if I could get any vehicle I wanted, I would definitely go for the car that pops up in the recent James Bond movies - you know - it turns into a boat, it goes way fast, it flies, it has all the essential gadgets ... that would be the one
Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am now the owner of a 2003 Toyota Corolla LE in indigo ink pearl (dark metallic blue).

Bought it today in SoCal at Longo Toyota, the largest Toyota dealer in the US. Wanted the sport package, but my folks said an extra $1000 for a spoiler was not worth it. But it's a fine automobile. Drives nicely. I was *not* permitted to drive it through Los Angeles (and for good reason, the traffic there scares me!), but I was allowed to drive it from bakersfield to me house. that sucked because it was immaculately clean coming from the lot, but I drove through a swarm of moths, and upon returning home, I had to pick bugs out of the grill.

Emsily, diesel cars are permitted in CA. The VW Jetta TDI is a diesel vehicle that gets 50 miles per gallon highway, but the pollution index on it was **obscene**! I was completely turned off by it. The Toyota Prius is a gasoline hybrid vehicle. Nickel hydride batteries supplement the gasoline engine. The car does not need recharging, unlike other electric vehicles. And the interior of the car is comparable to the Corolla in volume, unlike the Honda insight (which is a tiny, ugly two-seater).

If you're looking for a car, have a budget of $23k handy, and are into being relatively eco-concious, I'd say go for the Prius. It drives well, it's loaded with the coolest gadgets, and it's eerily quiet.

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiNkRoSe13
Activist
Member # 9055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PiNkRoSe13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
all my friedns think and i really am...a car freak...personally i would either like..

~~A 8-cylinder 360 Ferrari Modena Spyder
~~2001 RT/10 Dodge Viper

Ahhh i dont know what it is with me and expensive cars cause i know that i can never afford em... o well im trying!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only people who can truely hurt are the ones you truely care about" ~My Boyfriend

Posts: 49 | From: Frankfort IL USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 12 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i want a canary yellow VW beetle, or...a purple PT Cruiser. i think they are THE cutest cars in the world! lol

------------------
*~remember the only thing we need sometimes are chilly nights and warmer thighs, cuz nothing is like being held...sometimes*~

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
XLT 4 door & Automatic black Mitsubishi Montero Sport. Mmm mmm mmm. The one I want is 36k though, so I don't think I'll be getting that any time soon.
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dazed_confused
Neophyte
Member # 9234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dazed_confused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want a 2003 mercury cougar
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni
Activist
Member # 6560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, right now I really would like to have an Acura Integra, ranging in years between '97-'99 (what i can afford). I've been looking at used cars with my dad and that's really been the one that's jumped out at me the most.

If I could find one, I'd prefer a Toyota Celica of the aforementioned years. Great reliability.

Both of them are a long shot as far as finding one that meets my criteria. I'm really hoping.....

------------------
If you want to dip into someone else's life for a while then go here

Posts: 43 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well im only 14 but i have a 89 blue eagle permire from cystlier. its a good car according to my bro in law who drove it this weekend.

------------------
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well im not old enough to drive yet, but i will be in a year. For my first car i want a Blazer X-treme. I want it to be black/black with tinted windows.

In 10 years or so...I want an Is 300 Lexus, and/or a Lincoln navigator, which, will also be black/black with tinted windows. Yeah i may dream big, but i still hold my future, i know ill have it!!

[This message has been edited by Olive (edited 08-02-2002).]

Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I currently don't own a car but I occasionaly drive my dad's 1990 Honda Accord, and it's great but way too low. Can barely take a entrance if it's not too steep.

My dream car would be almost any sports car, although I like the Shelby series (350/500) and the Corvette, but I dunno how to drive manual so I guess I should learn that first.

As a reasonable dream, I'd like a Chevy Monte-Carlo, probably 2000 model, with the sports package. I wouldn't take the last model because I don't like the changes they did to the back. Pricetag going over 40k$.

Affordable if I get a decent job once I graduate (next year), and I don't spent it all like I'm so used to.

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure that this will be found amusing to anyone that reads it. . . But the car I most want and will soon have most likely is a used Volkswagen Volvo. I know, how ADULTISH. But the thing is my mom's partner drives one, and it's what I practice on. I like driving them, there really great for storage, totally safe, and I just like 'em. Yeah, yeah. . . Laugh on!
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Maryha:
But the car I most want and will soon have most likely is a used Volkswagen Volvo...

Hmmm...do you mean a Volkswagen? Or a Volvo? They're two separate companies entirely.

------------------

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Chyna2255
Neophyte
Member # 7673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chyna2255     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My dream car is a Hummer

------------------
"We who are truley brave will never live in fear" The Rock
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love may be blind, but jealousy sees too much. -- Unknown

Posts: 25 | From: denver,co,usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BruinDan:
Hmmm...do you mean a Volkswagen? Or a Volvo? They're two separate companies entirely.

I think she meant Volvo. They're good cars, too!

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i want a BMW Z3 or Z8. but in this car book it said the Z3 is like 35,000-45,000 and Z8 is 130,000!!!! i dont think i will be able to buy them for a long time if at all. oh yeah i want a Volkswagen Bug too.
Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dont kno one car from the next...

i want something with 4 wheels... and 4 doors (i hate those 2 door cars... so complicated). all the parts and pieces put together as a whole... and preferably black or silver. =)

------------------
dont worrie b happie... its like a law! =)

hunt for clothes NOT for animals. =)

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.