Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Coming Home

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coming Home
Lilith2000
Neophyte
Member # 2910

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lilith2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been away for nearly 8 1/2 months. While I was away I could flirt and meet new people all the time. I'm home, I'm with my best friend and still I yearn to be back in a world where I could meet new people every day. It's really hard to be back with my responsibilities and my parents.

My parents are separated and have a rather unpleasant relationship. I was able to escape the worst of it while I was away, but now I'm back hearing them b*tch about each other all the time.

I was really looking forward to coming home and now I don't know why home seemed so great.

Is it normal to feel so weird coming home?

Have any of you been through this?

Has anyone got any advice for me?

Thank you in advance,

L2K

------------------
"You die if you worry. You die if you don't."
Edward Alexander Hendry

Posts: 12 | From: Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh, no kidding!

I went away to university. I live alone in an apartment. I come and go as I please.

I'm at home right now, and not only is it weird to have to deal with my parents and rules and the like, I'm actually disoriented. I can't find stuff. My sleep cycles are wrecked. And my bed, which I slept on for years and years before is now totally uncomfortable.

They say you can never go home. I wouldn't go that far, but there is a Twilight Zone sort of feeling in there...

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think one of the most important things to do is to remember that you can't come home and expect things to be the way they were before. Remember that not only have you changed, but also your family and friends have changed in some ways too. Everything changes, the world keeps turning and things move on. And that's ok. This is the 3rd time I've moved home from college now (at least I think it's the third time...) and it's insanely different. Living under my parents roof, with their rules, and having people around me all the time is very different. Some nights I think I'm going to start throwing things at my mom since she insists on sticking her head in everynight to tell me goodnight (without knocking first!). But I love my family, and I just keep thinking that I don't have to live with them for THAT much longer before school starts back up.

And hey, while it may seem weird now, it's gonna get weirder once you move out for real. That's when life REALLY starts changing. Just remember things won't be this way forever. Keep your chin up!

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.