Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Who am I?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who am I?
Peeps04
Neophyte
Member # 8693

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Peeps04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The other day I was hanging out with this girl I like and she told me that I should get a job at this grunge type of place in the mall and that she is going to apply there also. I told her that I wouldn't fit it there because I'm not exactly a grunge kind of person and she responded by saying, "Well maybe it will change your look a little." She is a lesbian and she has informed me several times that she likes the punk/grunge type of girl. When she said that I kind of got the feeling that she would like me to change. I think that she kind of likes me a little from the way she acts towards me, but she wants a reason to like me. I was actually planning on wearing preppy clothes when school starts because it is a better appearance even though, to me, they aren't exactly what I call comfortable. When she mentioned what I said before I started considering it and realized that punk/grunge clothes are more comfortable. I just don't know what kind of clothes I should start wearing. I don't know who I am. I can't really imagine myself going either way because I have always been the laid-back sporty type of person. Should I choose appearance over comfortableness or the other way around? The plus to the "preppy" side is that I have a better chance to become popular (for some reason I have always wanted to become popular). The plus to the "punk/grunge" side is that I have a better chance with this girl. God am I in love with her. Whichever I choose I don't want the "poser" name either because I am not a poser, I just like doing what is best for me and sometimes that means using other peoples' ideas or styles etc. I am so confused. Any suggestions?

------------------
~I act like sh*t don't phase me. Inside it drives me crazy. My insecurities could eat me alive~Hailie's Song by Eminem

<3 I love you Ashley <3

Posts: 3 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to scoot this to It's All About You so that you can get input from everyone on the boards.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caramel Apple Pop
Activist
Member # 8475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caramel Apple Pop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should choose whatever makes you comfortable. Besides, if this girl really likes you...and you really like her, it shouldn't matter what type of clothes you wear. Wear what reflects your personality. You don't want to come off as someone you aren't.

Hope I helped!

------------------
How was I to know which way the story'd go...
How was I to know you'd break my heart?

Beth

[This message has been edited by Caramel Apple Pop (edited 06-22-2002).]

Posts: 98 | From: A world of wonder, where war never disturbes peace, and the sun never gets consumed by the shadows... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember that clothes are only a very small part of what makes you. Wearing a certain type of clothes like punk/grunger doesn't mean your personality is going to change. Please don't feel you have to change you appearance to make other people happy, do what YOU feel happy with. If this girl really loves you, clothes should not be a big issue.

*Badger*

------------------
People only listen to the words I say - but it's the spaces between the words that give the most away.

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.