Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » funky hair?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: funky hair?
Tigris
Neophyte
Member # 6207

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Tigris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey question to anyone who can help basically does ne one no ne thing that can remove dye from ur hair?
my hair is naturally light blonde and basically i dyed it plum just over a month ago, it was supposed to be a 6 to 8 wash dye but its still kinda there and my hair looks like a pinky browny blondy weird colour!
I dont want to dye it blonde as thats just a vicious circle. ne ides guys?

Posts: 31 | From: Ireland | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kite
Activist
Member # 5957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same problem, and a hair salon recommended mixing bleach and shampoo and leaving that on my hair for a while. I have to say, it didn't quite work, but that might have been because I had already bleached my hair before dying it.

Hair salons are used to dealing with such problems. Maybe you should call one up and ask for advice, or shell out the money, swallow your pride and have them fix it (not fun, I know).

Posts: 127 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kite
Activist
Member # 5957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, *dyeing* your hair blonde over the plum won't work. Dye can only make your hair darker. If you wanted to go back to blonde, you would have to use some bleach.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahh, a department i have much experience in!

You're stuck. You need to buy a bottle of peroxide and bleach your hair. you'll only need to bleach it for a few minutes, though since your hair is light. Go to a salon if you are afraid of screwing this up. It's gonna cost you, but it's better than screwing up and frying your hair, getting a chemical burn, or worse.

however, if you've got qualified assistance (someone who can help you that you trust enough ot not screw up), you can buy a pouch of lightening powder and a bottle of creme developer from any beauty supply store. if you're not sure what products to get, ask the shop keeper. But my suggestion would be to get a creme no higher than 30 volume (20 should be good enough) and a strong powder for faster action.

Mix the two in a non-metal bowl or cup till it's about the thickness of heavy cream. Brush into your hair with a dyeing brush and let sit till it's white.

After that, you can buy regular hair dye and dye your hair back to normal.

------------------
Color is for crayons, not for people.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.