Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Houstonians unite!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Houstonians unite!
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Throughout the past few weeks, I've seen many people who live in Houston, Texas! I think it's very cool because I don't see any other several people from, say, Newport News, Virginia around here.

So, if you're from Houston/live in Houston/whatever, do you like Houston? Are you going to stay here? If you've ever visited Houston, how did you like it?

Also, if you have a blog/journal and live in Houston, here is a little webringish thing you can join!

PS- yeah, I know, it's kind of a corny and pointless post, but I had to unite all of these cool H-town people

------------------
Don't Mess With Texas.

"I'm a Texas woman, which means I don't need the help of a man to keep things rolling." -The Rookie

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 04-18-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Daydreamer.

I'm currently going to Chicago for college, but prior to that I spent 18 years in Houston. ;]

On one hand, I'm glad to be out of the heat; on the other hand, it's hot here and it's somewhat normal to not have air conditioning. Bizarre.

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have a very lovely airport, down there in Houston, don't-you-know.

Well, it's not especially interesting, I'm just saying that because that's all of the city that I've seen. I remember thinking that the little tunnel for cars that goes underneath the runway seemed cool.

I was on my way to Monterrey, Mexico.

------------------
She's a smooth operator/It's all so calculated/She's got a calculator/She's my soft touch typewriter
-Elvis Costello

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you go to the Bush Intercontinental Airport? Yes, that one is very nice!! Big, too!

Lemming~ Only a few weeks ago I found your reply in my Village People thread about Houston!

Yeah, I can't imagine what it's like to not use air conditioning!! That would be hard to get used to :] Where abouts Houston did you live?

------------------
Don't Mess With Texas.

"I'm a Texas woman, which means I don't need the help of a man to keep things rolling." -The Rookie

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caramel Apple Pop
Activist
Member # 8475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caramel Apple Pop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm from Austin....does that count?? lol.

------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Beth

Posts: 98 | From: A world of wonder, where war never disturbes peace, and the sun never gets consumed by the shadows... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TXRebelGirl
Activist
Member # 9782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TXRebelGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to chime in here! LOL Born and raised in Houston. Lived in Florida for 2 years and I have to say - I miss it like crazy! I'm waaaaay on the north side of Hou. - The Woodlands area...

------------------
"If Microsoft had things their way there would be no books, only comic strips..."

Posts: 61 | From: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Whoa, that is a while aways from where I live. I've only been to the Woodlands I think once! It's so nice, though!
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Hey, does anybody ever go to The Renaissance Festival?? I went there last year and it was neat, just kind of expensive I thought. Anyway, I think a lot of people here would really be interested in it (if you live near, of course!) It runs from October 5th to November 17th. I think I'm gonna drag my Dad along this year, hehe.

------------------
God Bless Texas

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
-- Winnie The Pooh

TXRebelGirl
Activist
Member # 9782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TXRebelGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to work at the Renaisance Festival for a few years. Yeah it's the bomb!!!! My kid loves it! There is an organization called the SCA that actually started it and they meet one weekend a month and do a campout mini-ren. fest. type thing...it's sooooooo much fun!!!!!

------------------
"If Microsoft had things their way there would be no books, only comic strips..."

Posts: 61 | From: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.