Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » best love songs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best love songs
Serafina
Neophyte
Member # 5965

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Serafina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Id just like to ask you guys which songs are your favorites when it comes to slow songs and stuff like that. If you could answer back thatd be great! Thanx!

------------------
*Serafina*

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparklydiamonds
Activist
Member # 7247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparklydiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to say, the best love song is from the movie Moulin Rouge. It's called Your Song by Ewan MacGregor. He's soo hot, great actor and even greater singer!

------------------
~*Diamonds are a girl's best friend.*~

Posts: 40 | From: City Of Lost Angels | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparklydiamonds
Activist
Member # 7247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparklydiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, BTW, Serafina, this is a place where you post things about relationships and stuff. You should have really posted in the All About You section. I have a feeling this will be moved there later on.

------------------

Posts: 40 | From: City Of Lost Angels | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're very right, sparkly.

Moving to All About You.

Also, you can find more threads about songs here:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000559.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000664.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000673.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000674.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000765.html

------------------
ThuyVu
Scarleteen Advocate

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh you young'uns, you don't even know who did "Your Song" first.

Ewan only covered the song. which is not to say he didn't do a good job, but he's not the first to popularize the song.

Elton John wrote that song with Bernie Taupin and it came out in 1969. Then Rod Stewart covered it sometime in the 80's.

you wanna hear Ewan's best singing??? Rent the movie 'Velvet Goldmine,' he really rocks out in that one!

------------------
straddle the fine line between profundity and profanity...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luscious_leslee
Activist
Member # 6912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luscious_leslee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd have to say the best love song is... ummm... dreaming of you by selena. thats really a very hard decision to make. sheesh.
Posts: 91 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparklydiamonds
Activist
Member # 7247

Gumdrop, I knew it was done by Elton but I liked the Ewan version better. And thanks for the recommendation of the movie. I'll definitely have to check that out!

------------------

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love songs, eh?

Well, i'll just list off a bunch of my faves then.

Baby This Night - Hawksley workman
Safe and Sound - hawksley workman
no beginning and no end - hawksley workman
lucky - bif naked
have a little faith in me - done repeatedly by various artists
dreaming my dreams - cranberries

------------------
'Steve, sex with two whole women, think of the advantages...they can't both fall asleep. If one of them suddenly leaves or punches you, you've still got one left. If one of them plays that old sneaking out of the window trick, there's someone there to untie you. It's total genius.' -Jeff Murdock

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somekrazydude
Activist
Member # 6355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somekrazydude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
weird how they're almost all done by the same person eh? lol. ok well here's mine:

-come what may (there's prolly a ton of remakes done but the moulin rouge one is what i am referring to)

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything you're free to do anything."

Posts: 76 | From: Winterpeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phranc - Lifelover - Sweet, quirky, political, queer girl-singer. Not nearly as well known as she should be.

Beatles - And I Love Her - These guys had dozens of love songs, but sometimes nothing beats a sappy Macca track.

John Lennon - Grow Old With Me - Very sadly and ironically released posthumously. If you can find a version without violins, do so.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maro_chik
Activist
Member # 4272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maro_chik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Police - Every Breath You Take
(No, I'm not a stalker)
U2 - With Or Without You
U2 - Stay
U2 - The Sweetest Thing

------------------
"I like a man with rock in bum."
-Tom Green

Posts: 63 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somekrazydude
Activist
Member # 6355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somekrazydude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maro you u2 freek! you betta have remembad to brung the cd!

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything you're free to do anything."

Posts: 76 | From: Winterpeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miller311
Activist
Member # 7218

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Miller311     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the cutiest love song is "Angel of Mine" by monica.. A few others i like are:

Mariah Carey- Thank God I Found You
Nsync- This i promise you
Van Morrison- Have i Told you latley that i love you

------------------
~~*Sara*~~

**RIP TEDDY**
I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!
1983-2001

Posts: 47 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lil'Lin
Neophyte
Member # 8007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil'Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This my song with my love:
"I'll Be" by Edwin McCain
Also "When You Say Nothing at All" by Ronan Keating and "Back at One" by Brian KcKnight are also nice, to name a few.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilkazzy
Neophyte
Member # 7892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilkazzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A New Found Glory - Glory of Love
Bon Jovi - I'd die for you
There's a song on the Shrek soundtrack, called You belong to me. I don't know who sings it, but it is an amazing song.
Alice Cooper - You and Me
Nirvana - Son of a Gun
Crazy Town - Butterfly (try really listening to the lyrics, they are very relevant to my relationship at the moment)
SWV - Love is so amazing

I just edited this to point out that these are not really slow songs, but ones whose lyrics i like... next time i will pay more attention to the topic... doh!

[This message has been edited by lilkazzy (edited 04-30-2002).]

Posts: 35 | From: Scotland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somekrazydude
Activist
Member # 6355

i just wanted to clarify something...i was just reading the post for best love song and come what may IS an original so yay for that. another one i'd have to say would be...hmnn...that's a really hard decision but i guess i'd have to go with, at the moment, there you'll be by faith hill. it's just for the moment so it'll probably change soon or something...

------------------
"The complexity of my heart and soul is the key to unlocking the essence of my being."

Grizabella
Activist
Member # 2014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizabella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lilkazzy:
There's a song on the Shrek soundtrack, called [b]You belong to me. I don't know who sings it, but it is an amazing song.
[/B]

Jason Wade does it on the Shrek soundtrack. It's been done by several people, I don't know who did it originally.

------------------
"Sometimes people care too much. I think it's called Love."
---Pooh Bear

Posts: 96 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charming_girl
Neophyte
Member # 8073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charming_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
98 Degree's "Still" gets to me everytime I hear it. So sweet. Also, I agree with the a few of the songs already mentioned such as "Come What May"
Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jewishpunk
Activist
Member # 8056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jewishpunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine would have to be "Blurry" by puddle of Mud. It is soooo my kind of music but yet it is about something good.
Posts: 67 | From: Some unknown planet beyond the solar system. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many people who know me would be surprized that I have a list like this. (Well, actually, I'm only just making it into a list now, but there have always been a number of songs that I think are my favourite romantic numbers.)

In no particular order-

When You Say Nothing at All- Ronan Keating
Something- The Beatles
Eternal Flame- The Bangles (remanent from my teenybopper days, but I still like it )
Make the World Safe- The Whitlams
Love- John Lennon
Sway- Bic Runga

And I have to say, if you're talking about the Shrek soundtrack, I really like I'm a Believer, although I prefer the original version, by the Monkeys.

[This message has been edited by Beppie (edited 05-21-2002).]

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite love songs are:
You got it bad by usher- it reminds me of my "love" towards my crush
All my life & crazy by KC & JoJo
I'll make love to you & water runs dry By boyz to men
Have you ever by Brandy
I want love by elton john
Differences by Genuine
I want to know and sutter by Joe

i could go on and on forever.

------------------
i love matt

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I suppose they're not love songs in the traditional 'kissyface' style, but they're songs that I like, which happen to be about love...

The Angel with the Good News
-Zumpano

Doreen
-Old '97s

(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher
-Jackie Wilson

------------------
"...the airport's almost always empty this time of the year, so let's go play on a baggage carousel. Set our watches forward like we're just arriving here from a past we left in a place we knew too well."
-The Weakerthans

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex_the_Angel
Neophyte
Member # 8342

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Alex_the_Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sun and Moon - Miss Saigon (broadway musical)
How do I live - Leanne Rimes
I knew I loved you - Savage Garden
Crash and Burn - Savage Garden
Masterpiece - Atlantic Starr

... just to name a few

Posts: 2 | From: middle-of-nowhere, CA, USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm one of those people who like love songs that are actually truthful to what love is as opposed to making it flowery and always happy. There are so many times when love is confusing, but somehow, most songwriters seem to over look that.

Here are a few of my favorites, with that in mind:

Head Over Feet, Alanis Morissette (of course )
I Touch Myself, the DiVinyls
My Favorite Mistake, Sheryl Crow

Those are just off the top of my head... and, while they're not exactly "love songs," they're the songs that I like to relate to that oh-so confusing, and sometimes hurtful, emotion.

------------------
Tim
Can You Read Further?

"Apparently, sex is supposed to be fun. Won't Mrs. Falwell be surprised?" -- TopFive

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ah the best love song in the world is
Love Song-Later<--my boyfriend's band. he wrote it for me, and when he makes it big it will be the best single in the world. *not to be confused with Love Song by the Cure*:-)
Armor-Later
Butterfly-weezer
For this Girl-Later
Crush-Dave Matthew Band
Redundant-GreenDay
Every Moment-Jimmy Lafaze
Going Away to College-Blink 182
Valentine-Get Up Kids
Hold-Saves The Day
Old Girlfriend-Weezer
I've Just a Seen a Face-Beetles
Maybe-Paul McCartney
Name-Goo Goo Dolls
Iris-Goo Goo Dolls
~*~*~*~
that should be enough

------------------
me myslef and i

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann02
Activist
Member # 7465

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Shann02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My fav Love Songs are:

He can't love you
Promise
~by Jagged Edge

Makin' Good Love
~by Avant

Your Body's Callin'
It Seems Like You're Ready
You remind me of something
~by R. Kelly

Here and Now
~Luther Vandross

I wanna know
~Joe

And a lot more.....

R. Kelly is a favorite with the slow freaky songs.

Posts: 54 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.