Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » how do i invite guys to a co-ed sleepover?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how do i invite guys to a co-ed sleepover?
MoonChild
Neophyte
Member # 4589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoonChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the deal....I'm turning 16 on march 4th and my mom decided to throw me this huge party. she got 3 suites in a hotel room with a pool and jacuzzi and she said i can invite 30 of my friends...the girls...and boys. The thing is i'm a girl but most of my friends are guys and some of their parents are somewhat conservative.
Soooo, my question is do I come right out on the invitations and say it's a co-ed sleepover and let my mom talk to their parents about how the boys will sleep in a separate room or do I somehow hide it so everyone will be able to come? Orrr...do I end the whole co-ed thing and party with my like, 2 girl friends? Thanks!

Posts: 21 | From: i forget | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you're mom sounds pretty kewl, lucky you. I think that the best plan would be to just put it's a co-ed sleepover on the invites, and if your friends parents have a problem and want to know specific details, to just give you or your mom a call. I doubt you'll have to much of a problem.

i hope you have a fun party!

------------------
"No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her'-Jeff Murdock
(Coupling, BBCC)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
la jaunty bohemian
Activist
Member # 5735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for la jaunty bohemian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey MoonChild-

I went to my first co-ed sleepover when I was 13, at a friends house while her parents were there. I went to many, all consiting of a group of my close friend, until I was out of high school. I always found them to be a lot of fun and a chance to have all those late-night-philosophical conversations.
My mom, however, thought it was an orgy waiting to happen and we had several disagrements - she didn't understand that there really wasn't anything sexual going on.

My advice? Have your mom write a letter to the parents of the people you're going to invite. Have her explain exactly what will happen- what kind of adult supervision there will be, who will sleep where, if a 'lights out' will be enforced, that there will be no drug use of any kind, etc.

If the parents were kept in the dark and found out later, it will could mean harsh punishments for their kids as well as nasty phone calls to your mom.

So, let everyone know the deal and enforce the rules. If that means some of your friends can't go... then you might just be a few people short at the party. Respect your friends' parents wishes.

[Also, your mom rocks!]

Posts: 105 | From: Baltimore, MD, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, for my 16th birthday I got a pager. For my 17th birthday I got the Harry Potter collector edition book.

Wish my mom would have got me something like that.

------------------
"I get on my broom and make the bad guys go BOOM!" ~ From the wise words of a thespian on Harry Potter

"Haaaaaaaaaarrrrry Potter, Harry Potter, Harry Potter, heismyfriendhecanbeyourfriendtoo. Haaaaaaaaaaaaarrry Potter, becausehehasfeelingstoo!"

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.