Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Valentines Day-pour vous

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Valentines Day-pour vous
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's that time of year again. The day on which, in many parts of the world, it is traditional for loved up people to give and recieve slushy presents and cards, and single people to become bitter and resentful.

But bitter and resentful isn't a pleasant way to spend any day of the year, so let's share some ideas on making Valentines Day special without a partner. It's a day for telling someone you love them, and if you can't love yourself, who can you love?

So, I'll be having a nice lie in, listening to music that I like. When I get to college I will not be making horrible faces at people who get cards and kisses, because this encourages the bitter resentment. Instead I will be going, along with a few single friends, to the local florists to buy myself some lovely flowers, and then some chocolates. I won't make self deprecating comments to the florist about how nobody will ever buy me flowers, and I have to do it myself. I'll just say I like them, because that is the best reason for buying flowers. I might even share my chocolates with lovely friends who are as special to me as any partner could be.

In the evening, I will be having a long, luxurious, possibly candlelit, bath with yummy Lush bath products in it. Then I might have a little dance to some more music I like, and, if the mood takes me, possibly some 'self love'.

I fully intend to have a nice day, a special day even, as a single person. I don't consider doing any of the above alone as a poor substitute for doing it with a partner. It's just different, a good kind of different. You can love yourself, and have a nice day on your own, and not feel any kind of resentment to those who are sharing the day. Honestly. So let's do it.

More ideas anyone?

------------------
You wanna save humanity, it's just the people you can't stand-John Lennon

Witness the infinite justice of the new century. Civilians starving to death whilst waiting to be killed.

Manky Confuddledness-My new, improved Blog.

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As someone who has never had anyone "special" on valentines day i'll be doing the usual, or semi-usual. I want to, but don't know if i'll be able to make it down to the store, to get some little cards, y'know, the elementry ones, and some chocolates to throw in them for my friends.

If not then i'll just wish everyone a happy day and pine about my crush, hehe. In the evening, my dad gives us all chocolate so i'll munch on that, prolly come here, listen to some good ole' Erin music, and then i have a soccer game to play.

BTW, a good thing our school does is candy grams. For a dollar you buy a box of chocolates, sign a little card and send it to whomever you want in the school. I think it's a cute idea, they also do it just before christmas.

------------------
'My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers...that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her'-Jeff Murdock
(Coupling, BBCC)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i still down't know what i'll be doing on thursday, but i've already sent some e-greeting cards to my friends (i scheduled them for the 14th so they'll only be sent then ) ... as for anything more, as i said, no idea. might go out in day with one of my friends if she doesn't have better plans, and i was hoping for some kind of surprise from a friend who i think likes me hehe i haven't figured what exactly are my feelings for him but it would be nice if he asked me out he's really busy with work so he probably doesn't even have the time, but nice to think he would hehe
maybe i'll update on this if i have any plans

------------------
~Sallynha
The Beautiful Smile Hides The Troubled Soul

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never had a boyfriend, I've never been with anyone on V-day. Although, strange as it may be, I love Valentines Day!!!! I *love* seeing people in love, I love to see males showing their affection towards females, I love everything about Valentines Day. Candy, love, ahh! It's great. My second favorite holiday next to Christmas.

My plans this V-day... I'm going to give out Hello Kitty valentine cards (hehe) and will be getting results back for a iFlurtz questionaire I filled out a little over a week ago. We will see who our "best matches" in the school are, as well as friends matches. Sounds fun ^^

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 02-12-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh daydreamer, we do that thing too, to see the matches in school. It's a fun little thing but i've missed it this year and last year, both because i was sick. Aww well, it's gonna be fun to see who my friends got matched with, hehe.

------------------
'My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers...that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her'-Jeff Murdock
(Coupling, BBCC)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, so I'm not a single person...but since I'm in an LDR, I'm still gonna be by myself on Valentine's Day.

I think that checking around to see if a theater near you is having a production of the Vagina Monologs is a fab idea for V-Day. You're not only doing something nice for yourself (and your friends, since it's also a fun idea to take your friends along too), but you're making a contribution and showing love for all the battered women and girls. Most (if not all) colleges or theater groups having a production of it will be giving the proceeds to the VDay non-profit organization that donates them directly to organizations that help battered and abused women and girls. This also helps to raise awareness of the problem.

I'm going to try to attend a showing that we're having on campus (that is if I can get my hands on a ticket!).

------------------
~KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

There's hair there for a reason!

"Never insult an alligator until after you've crossed the river." ~Oriental Proverb

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indigodazed
Activist
Member # 6681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indigodazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't have school V-day. I going to hang out with my friend, but I think she's grounded now. So I'll sit around being bitter, and then go visit my grandparents. How lovely. Eh.
Posts: 57 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshine_1ofakind
Activist
Member # 3215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshine_1ofakind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of my single friends (not me since I have a boyfriend) are all going out to eat at a nice restaurant together and then are all going dancing. I thought it sounded like fun.
Posts: 61 | From: Mayfield, Ky | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janeth
Activist
Member # 3478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janeth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Celtic Daisy, does the 'crush' go to your school? Did you send him a candy gram. i wish i would get one.... oh the possibilities.... I hope i get matched up with better people this year. Well happy valentines day!!
Posts: 51 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Stop being nosy Jane, hehe. And yes he does go to our school, and no i didn't send him a candy gram. It would be nice to get one, but thems the breaks.

I don't think Valentine's day is intended just for those who have someone special to share it with, i think it should be a day where everyone can just have a little fun, and a lot of chocolate, hehe.

------------------
"No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her'-Jeff Murdock
(Coupling, BBCC)

~Erin~

Nataliev
Neophyte
Member # 5946

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Nataliev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanna know something sad? I have a boyfriend for the first time on V-day, and i still have nothing planned except to study for my psych midterm on friday.. grr!!

Natalie

Posts: 23 | From: Victoria, BC, CANADA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey NatV, why not just make some plans for the heck of it? it doesn't take much. a movie rental and some take-out can be a lot of fun. or make your sig. other cook dinner for you while you study. or have your sig. other quiz you or something. V-Day doesn't need to be a big production.

and good luck on the midterm

------------------
straddle the fine line between profundity and profanity...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha so it's finally valentines day, guess you're all very busy hehe

so i got invited to go out after all my friend's parents got offered tickets to a classical music concert by Lisbon's Metropolitan Orchestra, and as they didn't want to go, gave my friend the tickets and he invited me coz he knows i would like to go hope that's just it and he doesn't have bigger plans for us hehe

oh and i also went on a shopping spree this morning with my mum, to a kind of clothes flea market nothing valentine-related though

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in school, and when I got here I had an I LOVE YOU doggie balloon sticking out of my locker. I open it up, and it had chocolate and a dozen roses! (and he told me he was going to get me a bad of coal!!! LOL)

So romantic!!!!!!! hehe

PS...HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Sally -- that's a LOT of smilies!!!

Today wasn't much of a Valentines Day since my Mom left for Wisconsin. It was nice seeing her open up the gift from my Dad and the gift from me though. Everyone around school had dozens of roses and chocolate and balloons, stuffed animals... and me? All I had was a kitkat bar and a lollipop and some nerds and 1 lousy valentine card. Whoo-hoo.

Oh well, I'm only 14. I hope everyone else's romantic day was... romantic! <3

------------------
"We all walk in the dark and each of us must learn how to turn on his or her own light"

Don't Mess With Texas

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe daydreamer they might have been many, but still they didn't exceed the maximum amount of smilies per post >

concert went well, hehe, fun at least

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ# 123898306

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daydreamer24:
Wow, Sally -- that's a LOT of smilies!!!

Yes, our dear Sally has always been the Scarleteen Smilie Queen.

My Valentine's Day was filled with meetings and work, I ended up working overtime until 1am. But my lovely 17-hour day was made much more interesting by a few simple handmade Valentines I received. For years I never got anything and never really minded. But I received one from a girl who works in my office (buttering up the boss, LOL), one from a co-worker across the hall, and one in the form of a simple and sweet note from a girl who works in another department of our store.

I guess maybe I never realized how much little things like that can brighten your day. So it's a good thing I spent my entire morning cutting and pasting construction paper to send a few Valentines out myself!

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yesterday later in the evening i also got some e-cards back from the people i'd sent some myself that was nice, although i think they only sent back coz i had sent hehe

some just thanked me via SMS, and i got a couple reallu cute sms messages, those that have pictures and/or animated

and i also got to know that probably 2 of my friends are interested in me i'm not used to this, i hope they won't actually tell me how they feel coz i won't know where to hide

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ# 123898306

Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Boyfriend got me roses for V-day and then he cooked me dinner..complete with candles and romantic music!!

Unfortunately...he's mad at me now cuz i didn't give him head

------------------
The world's a rollercoaster, and I am not strapped in

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.