Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Bloggs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bloggs
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you make your blogg look all pretty? I want mine to say my name or something like that. Something that represnts me! I would also like the scarleteen website on there. I am sooooo computer illiterate. So teach me teach me!!

Miz Scarlets journal is pretty, something on the order of that.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!
Yes I FINALLY got a BLOG!! Come lOOk..

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Err, basic knowledge of html helps. That's how I got mine the way it is.

gaffer.blogspot.com

Unfortunately I don't have much time to update it often. You can edit the template with html, that's how I did it. Perhaps someone else can explain how to make them look nice, I'm not so good at things like that

------------------
I am not who I appear to be.

Gaffer--from under the moon backstage

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey glitter, i used to teach HTML to people. if you'd like some help, email me (note to other users: since i'm an advocate and my email addy is already posted around the boards, I am allowed to post my email in a thread, however, it is against the guidelines for everyone else) suztang6@uclink.berkeley.edu

I wrote a decent primer demonstrating basic html commands; i can send it to you.

if you wanna see what i can do, check my page in my signature.

other good references are http://www.htmlgoodies.com http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2090

------------------
I bust my arse so that I can get somewhere in life, so why am I not there yet?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I edited my template, like Gaffer. Is yours hosted at blogspot.com? They have templates there, and if you go to template in blogger.com you can edit it/whatever. If you have an editing program (like Windows Paint, or Paint Shop Pro, anything you can make/edit graphics in) you can make a graphic that says your name on it and what not. I can make you one, if you like! And html knowledge would help. A nice html helper is http://www.lissaexplains.com

I'll help you if ya want, no problem. Many people around here probably know html.

Oh yeah, and Erica- there is a scarleteen webring you can join and put a banner on your website. The information is in the thread All About You and is posted by Alaska, I think.

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 12-12-2001).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhhh yay you will help me make one!! Thats awesome!!! Thank you to everyone who replied. I am going to take a look at those websites you listed for muah!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!
Yes I FINALLY got a BLOG!! Come lOOk..

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh I like the Lissa Explains it All site-it's just about at my intellectual level!

About a month ago I decided to make a personal site, but I knew litterally no html. I've picked up a few basics along the way, and it's taking shape, although it's never going to be great. But I'm finding it really interesting and and a good knowledge of html would be very useful. For those of you who are super clever geek style whizzes at this, can I ask where you learnt? Because picking things up off the net is good for now, but it can only teach you so much, and I'd like to learn more.

------------------
You wanna save humanity, it's just the people you can't stand-John Lennon

Witness the infinite justice of the new century. Civilians starving to death whilst waiting to be killed.

Manky Confuddledness-My new, improved Blog.

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can highly recommend Gummy's services in the HTML area. The woman is an Net Know-all, while I am an Internet Imbecile...and she has still managed to point some things out to me. So you may want to try asking her.

But even though I'm armed with my dear friend GumdropGirl's expertise in HTML, I am still too lazy to make my blog look nicer. I don't know why, but I've just left it the same as when I started it in April. I guess maybe I just like the colors or something.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.