Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » thongs (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: thongs
ou2Lisha
Neophyte
Member # 6794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ou2Lisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah well, thongs are something that tales gettin gused to. i used to only wear them, i hated cotton underwear, but yeah, it gets old. and honestly i liked wearing them, i never even felt them after a while. but i'm telling you don't just use them to attract guys, most of the guys i know don't care for them

------------------
Nobody loves me
everybody hates me
i'm just gonna eat worms!

Posts: 9 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TenohSetsuna:
Hot Topic(anyone else a non-mainstream west coast-er?) sells thongs with pockets for condoms...

I'm sorry for getting off topic here, but I couldn't contain myself any longer. I've gotta ask...is Hot Topic considered non-mainstream?!

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphirecat
Activist
Member # 5317

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sapphirecat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. Looks like I never weighed in with my opinion on the topic.

Someone wearing a thong because they think it's comfortable is fine; wearing it to try to turn me on isn't.

They look incredibly uncomfortable to me, so I'm not going to wear one.

------------------
Sapphire Cat
The world needs me, to know not everyone is the same.
Artist, poet, programmer, dreamer, and crossdressing bondage kitty

Posts: 235 | From: Louisville KY (St. Matthews) | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TenohSetsuna
Activist
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TenohSetsuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>> I've gotta ask...is Hot Topic considered non-mainstream?!

Where I live Hot Topic is officially a place of goths, Satanists, non-surf-bums, and anyone else who is officially rejected by society because they're "too weird." So yeah, it's non-mainstream in San Diego. Maybe not somewhere else, since I didn't know about it long enough in Seattle to get a bearing on that sort of thing. *shrugs* That's my side of things from San Diego.

------------------
I don't want eternity. But Arashii is mine.

"I never said I was a boy." - Tenoh Haruka, episode 92, Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon

Posts: 102 | From: SoCal | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They have those condom-pocket thongs in NYC, too. What I don't get is why they don't make regular underwear with condom-pockets...are they implying that thongs are sexy but regular underwear are not? hum...

Anyway, i think thongs are very comfy, and i wear them when necessary to avoid having VPL, but i wouldn't really wanna wear one everyday, and i never would wear one just to turn on a guy...BTW, has anyone else noticed a trend where stores sell bra and underwear sets only with thongs, but not with regular bottoms? I find it really annoying!

------------------
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

share your opinion: http://www.geocities.com/tkaterisha/survey.html

Posts: 68 | From: Brooklyn, NY (Ev,IL right now tho) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So yeah, it's non-mainstream in San Diego. Maybe not somewhere else...

How odd. How very, very odd. I live a stone's throw up the 5 from you, and up here Hot Topic is the very mainstream place where every Britney Spears wanna-be congregates after school. What a difference a few miles makes...

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hot Topic? Up here in my neck of the woods (you should get a clue by the fact that I have no embarassment by saying "neck of the woods" that were a pretty good distance from any major metropolitian area) Hot Topic is a wonderful store traversed by everyone from the Eddie Bauer/Structure-shoppers (myself included...) to the 'goth/"freaks" (freaks, being a term that I completly hate, but... ugh). Really, I don't think that a certain section of people (at least here) head off to Hot Topic -- I would consider it mainstream, as well as "side-stream" (consider the term coined). Those are my 2 cents, anyway.

------------------
Tim

"Read the Bible again sometime. Women are painted as bigger antagonists than the Egyptians and Romans combined. It stinks." --"Serendipity," Dogma

Jane knows Connie; she doesn't care to know Dick.

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TenohSetsuna
Activist
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TenohSetsuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The difference of a few miles... That's interesting. I thought Hot Topic was only on the west coast. Where d'you live, BruinDan? Be careful if it's Newport, SDRC's novie girls got beat big time by them this fall, I might have to settle the score.

------------------

"I never said I was a boy." - Tenoh Haruka, episode 92, Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon

Posts: 102 | From: SoCal | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 6 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
here d'you live, BruinDan? Be careful if it's Newport, SDRC's novie girls got beat big time by them this fall, I might have to settle the score.

LOL If only I could afford to live in Newport! Heck, I'd even take Santa Ana or Anaheim over the chilly basement I'm sleeping in now! But alas, I live waaaay up north in the poor section of town instead.

I do venture down the road to Newport quite a bit though. I don't mess with The Wedge anymore because it is too crowded (I ditched that place in favor of Seal Beach's North Side for all my surfing shindigs), but I still go down there on dates or when I need a Balboa Bar.

------------------

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I war one every so often if I'm wearing a tight jeans and I don't want lines. They hurt like hell though!
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indigodazed
Activist
Member # 6681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indigodazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we've got hot topic here. And it's semi-mainstream. I haven't seen these thongs with the pockets yet, but my friend had a tiny pocket on her shirt yesterday that we decided could only be a condom pocket.
Posts: 57 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TenohSetsuna
Activist
Member # 6092

Be happy you don't live in Newport. The rivalries between SDRC and NAC are way too strong, especially since their varsity coxswain is a little [b][edited -- I used the word all the time, but please remember there are kiddies here!]. I might have to stop talking to you. Kidding, kidding.

------------------

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 02-04-2002).]

emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hot topic is a big, publicly held, nationwide chain store. that to me says that it is about as "alternative" as starbucks. to me, they are a mall store, catering to the highest bidder. there's nothing wrong with that. but at least around here, they're definitely not a hangout at all really.

and they sell crappy, poorly labeled, non-stainless-steel body jewelry, which is annoying. :-D

em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
right on, em. I agree wholeheartedly.
Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
link80
Neophyte
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for link80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sexychic134:
i know every girl in one point of life wants to wear a thong . I heard that the were bad but i think they turn boys on.
sexychic8

I've never had the desire to wear one... personally, I don't see the point to having a permanent wedgie on purpose... It would drive me crazy! Besides, what's the point of even wearing skivies at all if your whole butt's hanging out of them anyway?

Posts: 12 | From: Kansas | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TenohSetsuna
Activist
Member # 6092

>>][edited -- I used the word all the time, but please remember there are kiddies here!].
O.o Didn't I put a bunch of asteriks in there? Thought I did.

Janeth
Activist
Member # 3478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janeth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah i have to agree with celtic daisy. would you really want something to rid up you? its like putting floss between your "cheeks". But i guess you would have to wear a thong or something along those lines when wearing really low jeans aka britney spears one's. You don't really want to show off your cotton undies.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think that thong backs showing above pants look awful. And plumber's-butt jeans seem a bit goofy. If you're worried about your underwear being too high for your pants, why not just fold the waistband down an inch or two?

------------------
She'll return in love with her liberty
Just away from the non-believer

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshine_1ofakind
Activist
Member # 3215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshine_1ofakind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally own only 3 thongs and I found a solution to that horrible in your crack feeling. I buy mine a little too big so I can't feel them. I rarely ever wear them, but if I ever feel the need for no panty lines I'll go commando.
Posts: 61 | From: Mayfield, Ky | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Milke:
Personally, I think that thong backs showing above pants look awful..[snip]....If you're worried about your underwear being too high for your pants, why not just fold the waistband down an inch or two?

Or why not just wear pants that fit? I'm with Milke on this one, thong backs hanging above the pants is pretty repulsive to me. It seems that the style around UCLA these days is to have thongs hanging out for all the world to see. Just yesterday I was walking to a meeting with my co-workers and a girl in front of me stopped to perform the simple act of retrieving her cellphone from her backpack. When she bent over right in front of my group (blocking the hallway), her low-riding pants slipped well beneath her rear end and exposed her rather interesting black thong for all to see.

Now there is certainly nothing wrong with underwear, but there are definitely people who do not want to see them at all. Even though I found it all pretty humorous, some people definitely did not feel the same way. Just a good thing to keep in mind.

------------------

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

girlie*
Activist
Member # 5257

Icon 10 posted      Profile for girlie*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i enjoy thongs...
thats jsut my opinion. they fit me better, and dont bother me.
it is jsut up to the person.

Posts: 118 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 6 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thongs... ugh... i HATE thongs... now g-strings... thats a whole nother story lol i totally dunt mind g-strings... extrememly comfortable... i forget i'm wearing them after like an hour... and i wear one wit low rider pants... i dunt care about panty lines.. that doesnt bother me... its just the fact that u can see bakinis sticking out of my low riders... i wear g-strings wit pj pants too... not to bed tho... i would never b able to sleep wit a g-string... i wear my comfy ol cotton bakinis or reg. ones... sumone mentioned those 2 piece bra/thongs... those are sooo annoying! they should have bra and u should choose wat u pair it with lol anywat... yup thats all i got to sey about that...
Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwistedPyroGirl
Neophyte
Member # 7117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwistedPyroGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one time I wore one it just felt strange.
And when I sat down it rode up even farther (jeez, if that's possible, it was already up quite a ways). The front felt ok, and the little part in back, where it just begins, but the part that goes up...ugh.....no.

------------------
~**Pamela**~

Posts: 19 | From: tulsa, ok USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indigodazed
Activist
Member # 6681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indigodazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, the whole exposed thong thing bothers me too...it's so unecessary to expose your underwear choice to the world.
Posts: 57 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girlie*
Activist
Member # 5257

Icon 4 posted      Profile for girlie*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think that showing your thong does look very trashy. just wearing one though? that makes me feel sexy...lol, but hey, thats just me!
Posts: 118 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't nessecarily "love" thongs but that's all I will wear when I'm, lets say, at school. I have 20 or more thongs and about 5 pairs of bikinis. I honestly do not like to wear any underwear at all to bed, because i twist and turn a lot so no matter what it is, it will be uncomfortable. It is more about personal choice. My mom doesnt care what underware i wear, nobody really does just when the are exposable, which really isnt on purpose they just tend to rise to my hip bones. My mom calls them "strappy things."
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
contraindicated
Neophyte
Member # 9550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for contraindicated     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you tell your mom you want to buy a thong? I see girls my age (14) wearing them all the time and that's what I wonder. Sometimes, I get anxious about it if I'm wearing tight pants and you can see the outline of my underwear-- "Oh, no, everyone can tell I'm not wearing a thong, they're going to think I'm such a prude," but hey, underwear is underwear. What I REALLY don't like is when girls wear them to attract attention from boys, or when someone bends over in front of me and I can see her thong, and her bare white butt cheeks hanging out. Excuse me, would you mind pulling your pants up?
Posts: 7 | From: New Hamster, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contraindicted -- my Mom no longer lives w/ me, but my Dad does. I bought 2 at the mall once, and didn't tell either one of them. It's not that big of a deal. My Mom was buying one once, though, and I said "I only own 1 of those." I thought she'd freak out, but she just said "I thought I'd try one out!"

------------------
God Bless Texas

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
-- Winnie The Pooh

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
y would thongs be bad? there's nothing really "bad" about them...

i dont like thongs though... hate the things...

g-strings on the other hand... THOSE i like =) a LOT more comfortable than thongs.

i wear them with certain pants... like the ones that are low riser...because i dont want my underwear to show. or when i'm feeling sexy i like to wear them... its all in my mind lol, but i feel a little sexier when i'm wearing them.

i remember once when i was going out with my now exbf. i was wearing a g-string once... and i thought he knew cause you could see the straps on the sides (the pants had these holes along the belt line). but he hadnt... and i was curious to know if he had infact noticed, but just didnt say anything. so on the phone that night i asked if he had noticed. he freaked out... and was whining... it was kinda funny. he said, "you were!!?!?? i didnt notice!!! y didnt you tell me!!! OMG that is SUCH a turn on!!!!" i was cracking up. it was great. =) for some reason i thought he wouldnt be turned on... go figure lol

i like mine... i only have 3 tho.. and two are too small now... they're sooo shiny! i like! lol

------------------
dont worrie b happie... its like a law! =)

hunt for clothes NOT for animals. =)

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm, I only have 1 g-string but its cute: it's yellow and it ties on the sides and it has shiny stars on the "crotch" part.
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where can you buy g-strings? I never seem to see any.
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melimelo
Activist
Member # 7361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melimelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is the difference between a thong and a g-sting?
Posts: 81 | From: north america | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for my birthday this year i recieved 3 thongs....just imagine opening it in front of all those people...including ur boyfriend echk. but i don't love/hate them either. i wear em when im wearing a skirt....or when i just need a little bit more of a "i feel sexy" boost to get me going. like on a date. for some reason it increases my self esteem

------------------
~*your winning me over with everything u say...you rip my heart right out...and when i let you closer i only want you closer...you rip me apart...

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

quote:
Originally posted by misscat:
what is the difference between a thong and a g-sting?

A thong has a triangle in the back that fades down, whether it be a big triangle or a tiny triangle! http://www.103gbf.com/timages/page/yr2002w5thong2.jpg

A g-string has a single string in the back. http://www.ofra.com.tr/gifs/171b.jpg

Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

hehe Great pics Daydreamer! I actually found a g-string at Ross, do you have one of those? I'm sure you could find one at Victoria's Secret but it may be a littl costly. The one i got was about $2, great deal.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.